Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you trade Lowry for another top 10 pick in this draft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd be up for top 5. I can't justify trading him for much lower. Maybe if Demar is going to sign with the Lakers, they'd be interested in Lowry too. We could trade for the Lakers pick plus one of their prospects...

Comment

I hate to say it, but I think trading Lowry is the best option. He's going to get paid in a year, and his body just isn't holding up. As much as I love Lowry, not sure we want to be paying him big money into his mid 30s.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        lol i like murray, hes klutch af but im just a HUGE fun of Dunn
        Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Like I said the other night. Package Lowry + the NY pick in the draft. Draft Jamal Murray.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Realistically, as much as I believe Masai will work his magic in the offseason and has been give a gift in these playoffs of finding answers about DeRozan and Powell, I can't see us moving Lowry. He is at this time the face of the franchise. I can't see Masai pulling the trigger on a deal that involves Lowry where we just get a draft pick in return, even if that pick ends up being a standout Canadian. Lowry is also playing hurt at this time.

My vision of what will happen in the offseason is on day 1, midnight, Masai showing up at Al Horford's front door with a contingent of Carroll, JV and Lowry to try to convince him to sign a max deal with us. I expect a call from Drake. And that's about it. If we can lock up Horford early, no one is going to be asking any kinds of questions about what we should do about DeRozan.
            your pal,
            ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
              Realistically, as much as I believe Masai will work his magic in the offseason and has been give a gift in these playoffs of finding answers about DeRozan and Powell, I can't see us moving Lowry. He is at this time the face of the franchise. I can't see Masai pulling the trigger on a deal that involves Lowry where we just get a draft pick in return, even if that pick ends up being a standout Canadian. Lowry is also playing hurt at this time.

My vision of what will happen in the offseason is on day 1, midnight, Masai showing up at Al Horford's front door with a contingent of Carroll, JV and Lowry to try to convince him to sign a max deal with us. I expect a call from Drake. And that's about it. If we can lock up Horford early, no one is going to be asking any kinds of questions about what we should do about DeRozan.
              What happens when Horford says he wants DeRozan around in order to sign?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                You realize Horford isn't the direction you want to go in

Comment

they tell him, you need to sign first, so we can use bird rights on Demar.

Comment

You get them both and win 56 games again for the next 3-5 years with a much better chance to win more playoff series?

Comment

I'll say "Um, did you watch the playoffs this year?"

Or you bring Powell along too so Al feels too awkward to mention DeRozan
                      your pal,
                      ebrian

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                        But that's a flat out lie though right? Surely we aren't going to use bird rights on Demar and give him a max deal, are we?

Is it possible to use Bird Rights to sign a max deal and then S&T?
                        your pal,
                        ebrian

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
                          lol i like murray, hes klutch af but im just a HUGE fun of Dunn
                          TRex wrote: View Post
                          Like I said the other night. Package Lowry + the NY pick in the draft. Draft Jamal Murray.
                          no.

If we're trade lowry and NYK pick for Murray thats stupid.

Might aswell threw in the LAC pick and go for Simmons/Ingram
                          Abbas wrote:

Comment

Trade Lowry, Jonas, NYK Pick for Lakers second Pick
                            Sign Noah (2yrs)
                            Trade Wright, Carroll, LAC pick to PHX for Eric Bledsoe

Bledsoe - Cojo - Vet
                            DeRozan - Powell - Daniels
                            Ingram(LAL) - DeRozan - Bruno
                            Horford - Patterson - Bebe
                            Noah - Horford - (Our pick)

That seems about a 55-60 win team next year & 60+ if Ingram lives up to his potential
                            Abbas wrote:

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                              slaw wrote: View Post
                              You get them both and win 56 games again for the next 3-5 years with a much better chance to win more playoff series?
                              I meant, is this scenario even possible under the current CBA? Can we sign Horford AND DeRozan to max contracts?

Comment

I meant, is this scenario even possible under the current CBA? Can we sign Horford AND DeRozan to max contracts?
                                No, not unless we shed some serious salary (roughly a max contract worth of salary, 20+M at least). And that's salary on the books, not letting FA's walk. So, get rid of Ross, Patterson and Joseph for nothing. Or Carroll and Ross for nothing. Etc.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X