Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you trade Lowry for another top 10 pick in this draft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abbas wrote: View Post
    Trade Lowry, Jonas, NYK Pick for Lakers second Pick
    Sign Noah (2yrs)
    Trade Wright, Carroll, LAC pick to PHX for Eric Bledsoe

Bledsoe - Cojo - Vet
    DeRozan - Powell - Daniels
    Ingram(LAL) - DeRozan - Bruno
    Horford - Patterson - Bebe
    Noah - Horford - (Our pick)

That seems about a 55-60 win team next year & 60+ if Ingram lives up to his potential
    All types of NO! Bledsoe is very interesting but the rest of that is a hell no

Comment

Trade Lowry, Jonas, NYK Pick for Lakers second Pick
      Sign Noah (2yrs)
      Trade Wright, Carroll, LAC pick to PHX for Eric Bledsoe

Bledsoe - Cojo - Vet
      DeRozan - Powell - Daniels
      Ingram(LAL) - DeRozan - Bruno
      Horford - Patterson - Bebe
      Noah - Horford - (Our pick)

That seems about a 55-60 win team next year & 60+ if Ingram lives up to his potential
      Hell to the no.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
        But that's a flat out lie though right? Surely we aren't going to use bird rights on Demar and give him a max deal, are we?

Is it possible to use Bird Rights to sign a max deal and then S&T?
        My understanding is you can sign-and-trade him to a contract matching his max in the first year, but some things are going to be different over the life of the contract: no fifth year that we would otherwise be able to sign him for, and raises are limited to 4.5%, rather than the 7.5% that he could otherwise get through Bird Rights. So it's basically like a standard (non-Bird) free agent contract, except that the acquiring team can go into the cap (but not over the tax apron, when they become hard-capped) to acquire him.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
          No, not unless we shed some serious salary (roughly a max contract worth of salary, 20+M at least). And that's salary on the books, not letting FA's walk. So, get rid of Ross, Patterson and Joseph for nothing. Or Carroll and Ross for nothing. Etc.
          wow, that's a bit too much. So, basically we are at the cap with Demar's cap hold and all the other contracts on the books? I thought maybe we had about $10M in space and could move, say Ross, sign a guy like Horford, and then use Demar bird rights to go over the cap. Not that I'm arguing, I trust your cap knowledge.

Comment

I'm kinda torn with the how to keep moving forward with this group. Had we lost to the Pacers, I would have been fine with anything outside of moving JV and Powell. And that may still be true for me depending on how this series goes. But if we win this round and can push the Cavs, I might be fine with doing nothing except resigning Demar and making a couple of picks. And hoping and praying that Demar and JV can develop some serious chemistry.

Comment

In addition to PF, PG is another position that MU might decide to be proactive about. Lowry's contract expires after this season, and I don't see the value of re-signing an injury-prone 31 year-old to a massive contract extension. I also don't think Joseph is the long-term answer as the starting PG, since his outside shot is so unreliable - I see him and Wright as above-average backup PGs. If Lowry is cashed-in as an asset, the Raptors could go with Joseph & Wright in the short-term, while looking to find a longer-term replacement either in this draft or the next, or via free agency next offseason.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                wow, that's a bit too much. So, basically we are at the cap with Demar's cap hold and all the other contracts on the books? I thought maybe we had about $10M in space and could move, say Ross, sign a guy like Horford, and then use Demar bird rights to go over the cap. Not that I'm arguing, I trust your cap knowledge.
                Nah, it's more like 3-4 M we have with DeMar's hold on the books. So if we clear Ross that means about 14M to spend. Nowhere close to Horford money.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

It is very interesting that people are high on horford with his injury history and inconsistency in the playoffs .

Comment

rightsideup wrote: View Post
                    It is very interesting that people are high on horford with his injury history and inconsistency in the playoffs .
                    why, he'd fit right in lol. I'm not sure Horford is the wisest choice, I'd prefer someone younger and not earning a max contract, but I was just rolling with the convo and trying to understand the cap situation. I think Ibaka would be my choice, and that may be more realistic depending on how OKC goes in the offseason.

Comment

why, he'd fit right in lol. I'm not sure Horford is the wisest choice, I'd prefer someone younger and not earning a max contract, but I was just rolling with the convo and trying to understand the cap situation. I think Ibaka would be my choice, and that may be more realistic depending on how OKC goes in the offseason.
                      Not sure how I feel about Ibaka. Great fit if he buys into his role, but if he came here thinking he'd get more spotlight and touches could be a disaster. He's not that type of talent. He's a super-role player, not a superstar.

If he buys in though he's one of the obvious choices. I think I prefer Horford's skill set on this team though.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                        The Casey/Lowry/DeRozan core has had 3 playoff runs to #provem. DeRozan is a free agent this offseason. Lowry is a free agent next offseason. Casey has an option to decide upon this offseason.

MU is likely going to get roasted in the short-term no matter what decisions he makes this summer, but it's certainly going to be fun to watch play out!
                        Im sure if he chooses to reset, a lot of people will roast him for mot doing it three years ago, but im sure that the general interest in the sport has increase in Canada because of the last few years and it has possibly shed a new light on Toronto for players. Also if Masai plays the offseason right I think a rebuild like Portland had this year is a legitimate possibility.

Comment

I'm kinda torn with the how to keep moving forward with this group. Had we lost to the Pacers, I would have been fine with anything outside of moving JV and Powell. And that may still be true for me depending on how this series goes. But if we win this round and can push the Cavs, I might be fine with doing nothing except resigning Demar and making a couple of picks. And hoping and praying that Demar and JV can develop some serious chemistry.
                          Even with winning that series, the plyers that won the series were not Dd and Lowry, who would be moved. This isnt to say that they weren't important, because their presence definitely left other guys with easier matchups, but they didnt do anything that makes me want to keep them longterm.

Comment

Atothe wrote: View Post
                            All types of NO! Bledsoe is very interesting but the rest of that is a hell no
                            A.I wrote: View Post
                            Hell to the no.

You guys are Sleeping Ingram. He's going to be a superstar in this league
                            Ik it's a risk but its worth it. I could see him averaging 27/7/4/2/1 in his prime,kid is a stud.

But since you both dont like the trade what about

Trade Lowry, Jonas, bruno, NYK pick, LAC Pick for Lakers second, S&T with Clarkson
                            Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

You guys are Sleeping Ingram. He's going to be a superstar in this league
                              Ik it's a risk but its worth it. I could see him averaging 27/7/4/2/1 in his prime,kid is a stud.

But since you both dont like the trade what about

Trade Lowry, Jonas, bruno, NYK pick, LAC Pick for Lakers second, S&T with Clarkson
                              lol nope.

also LA is allegedly going to try and trade for paul george (LOL delusional laker fans).

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                                lol nope.

also LA is allegedly going to try and trade for paul george (LOL delusional laker fans).
                                lol yeah LA anit getting PG, especially after what he did in the Playoffs.

unless maybe

Russell, Randle, this year's pick and next year unprotected for PG and salary fillers

but I dont see lakers doing this

Also i hope Phily gets Lakers pick
                                Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Working...
                                X