Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you trade Lowry for another top 10 pick in this draft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to use bird rights on a player (give them a max that puts us into Luxury, for example) and then S&T them?

And then say, do other stuff to trade away what's coming in (smaller contracts) to go back under the luxury?
    your pal,
    ebrian

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
      lol nope.

also LA is allegedly going to try and trade for paul george (LOL delusional laker fans).
      The top pick plus russell is a decent return, although im not sure it gets it done. With Boogie and Butler also available im not sure we can get that laker pick if we even wantd it.

Would u guys go after Butler, with say Lowry, ross and the knicks pick?

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        Not sure how I feel about Ibaka. Great fit if he buys into his role, but if he came here thinking he'd get more spotlight and touches could be a disaster. He's not that type of talent. He's a super-role player, not a superstar.

If he buys in though he's one of the obvious choices. I think I prefer Horford's skill set on this team though.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
        ibaka seems to be on the decline for whatever reason (conspiracy theorists say he's actually like 30 yrs old rather than 26).

Comment

How about Lowry for the Laker pick straight up? I'd do that. You guys always make the most convoluted impossible fucking trades.

Lowry + Signed 1st Edition Gone with the Wind + Star Wars Laser Disc + Mickey Mantle Rookie Card for Lakers pick + an old pair of Phil Jackson's reading glasses

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
            How about Lowry for the Laker pick straight up? I'd do that. You guys always make the most convoluted impossible fucking trades.

Lowry + Signed 1st Edition Gone with the Wind + Star Wars Laser Disc + Mickey Mantle Rookie Card for Lakers pick + an old pair of Phil Jackson's reading glasses
            First of all, we're giving up way too much there. And I don't even think that works under the cap anyways
            A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
              Is it possible to use bird rights on a player (give them a max that puts us into Luxury, for example) and then S&T them?

And then say, do other stuff to trade away what's coming in (smaller contracts) to go back under the luxury?
              There's no "and then sign and trade them." Using Bird Rights IS signing the player.

The luxury tax is a complication to your question, but we are so far clear of that it really is not important. But the simple answer is yes, you can go over the cap to sign and trade your own free agents using their Bird Rights.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                There's no "and then sign and trade them." Using Bird Rights IS signing the player.

The luxury tax is a complication to your question, but we are so far clear of that it really is not important. But the simple answer is yes, you can go over the cap to sign and trade your own free agents using their Bird Rights.
                You can trade them as always after the 3 month period tho, which is the only way you will be able to trade DD. Otherwise he is walking (please)

I wouldn't trade for a top 10 pick. Healthy he is still way to important for us to stay relevant during the regular season

Comment

yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                  not going to lie.

a lowry-gordan-davis core with reke and holiday coming off the bench is pretty deadly
                  Off course, but the Pels would need to give us a contract back. I could see them giving us Tyreke.

Valanciunas-Nogueira-Patterson-Caboclo-Carroll-Ross-Evans-Wright-Powell-Joseph

I would be willing to add 3 to 4 rookies (including 2 top 10 picks and another first round pick) to this team.

This would be a quick rebuild and we could land another big name in 2017.

Comment

Trade Lowry and the 27th pick to Utah for the 12th pick and Trey Lyles
                    Trade the NYK pick and Ross to move up in the draft
                    Draft Jamal Murray and Henry Ellenson
                    Trade Caroll, clippers pick, and Patterson for Durant in a sign and trade
                    Sign Joe Johnson and a vet centre

Joseph - Murray - Wright
                    DeRozan - Powell - Daniels
                    Durant - Johnson - Caboclo
                    Ellenson - Lyles
                    Valanciunas - Vet - Nogueira

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                      Just putting it out there. Would you? I think we should really consider not building aroud KLow and DD, as much as I appreciate them.
                      Lowry is a 2 time starter at the all star game as a PG.

He was awesome this year.

He's hurt in the playoffs..... talk of trading him for a gamble is ridiculous

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                        Lowry is a 2 time starter at the all star game as a PG.

He was awesome this year.

He's hurt in the playoffs..... talk of trading him for a gamble is ridiculous
                        I agree, lowry is very good and drove this team to a phenomenal year, and even with his shooting struggles has helped in the playoffs, but i think we also beed to consider his contract his up next year and he will be 31. If we keep DD than definitely dont trade Lowry, but if he leaves (say he just wants to go to LA for whatever reason) it makes some sense to trade him before he can leave. Also i just think it would make more sense to build around a younger core in this situation. Perhaps try to get someone that has played, like One of the young guys in Orlando, philly or Utah who are all looking to get to the playoffs next year.

Comment

If Masai is looking to really move in a new direction, Lowry to Lakers for their Top 3 pick plus Russell is a good start.

Then the Lakers could sign DD to pair with Lowry and be competitive this year.

We would build around a JV-Ingram/Bender front court with a Russell-Powell back court. Very high ceiling team.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                            If Masai is looking to really move in a new direction, Lowry to Lakers for their Top 3 pick plus Russell is a good start.

Then the Lakers could sign DD to pair with Lowry and be competitive this year.

We would build around a JV-Ingram/Bender front court with a Russell-Powell back court. Very high ceiling team.
                            what do you think they will settle for when they are starting at locked up long time george for their pick? they don't even know if they get to keep it yet. i would also prefer randle if we are looking at lakers young players.

it would be a pretty dick move to send lowry to the lakers. those would be funny press conferences "we love lowry and this is a purely business decision". poor guy.

if they get #3 i could maybe perhaps see them settling on a player like lowry but i think it would be a stretch even for the lakers. without our #knicks pick i don't see many high pick trades for our players beyond a sign and trade demar.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                              what do you think they will settle for when they are starting at locked up long time george for their pick? they don't even know if they get to keep it yet. i would also prefer randle if we are looking at lakers young players.

it would be a pretty dick move to send lowry to the lakers. those would be funny press conferences "we love lowry and this is a purely business decision". poor guy.

if they get #3 i could maybe perhaps see them settling on a player like lowry but i think it would be a stretch even for the lakers. without our #knicks pick i don't see many high pick trades for our players beyond a sign and trade demar.
                              Well there is no reason to suspect that the Pacers will be moving Paul George, so the fact that the Lakers want him is fairly pointless to me. Lakers don't want to build around a bunch of youngsters, they want to win and have the cap space to make big moves.

Lowry has been good enough to command a decent return. He'd be the best player dealt since Kevin Love and Wiggins was a higher asking price imo.

I'd prefer Russell over Randle purely from a BPA stand point. Randle also wouldn't be as much use for us if we are drafting Ingram/Bender with their pick and keeping Patterson. Randle would be a poor fit next to JV as well.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                                Well there is no reason to suspect that the Pacers will be moving Paul George, so the fact that the Lakers want him is fairly pointless to me. Lakers don't want to build around a bunch of youngsters, they want to win and have the cap space to make big moves.

Lowry has been good enough to command a decent return. He'd be the best player dealt since Kevin Love and Wiggins was a higher asking price imo.

I'd prefer Russell over Randle purely from a BPA stand point. Randle also wouldn't be as much use for us if we are drafting Ingram/Bender with their pick and keeping Patterson. Randle would be a poor fit next to JV as well.
                                i thought ingram was a 3.

i don't mean that lowry isn't worth a lot but, for the same reasons we would move him, being 30 years old with only 1 year until ufa. it would seem that that trade is pure desperation for los angeles.

i agree the lakers don't want to build around a bunch of youngsters. they want to use this pick, if they keep it, for a big time player and then lure durant to them.

i think that randle could play with jv. i think jv is going to be stretching out a bit for our dribble drive attacks. moot if we are able to draft bender though.

personally i only see us trading up for murray

Comment

Working...
                                X