Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you trade Lowry for another top 10 pick in this draft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superjudge wrote: View Post
    Lowry is a 2 time starter at the all star game as a PG.

He was awesome this year.

He's hurt in the playoffs..... talk of trading him for a gamble is ridiculous
    It's more than just being hurt. And it's not like he's wincing or anything when he shoots. Our team leader is taking extra shooting practice at mid-nite, to get his shooting touch back. Never seen/heard anything like that before in the playoffs, so publicly. Strange. He looks rattled.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
      i thought ingram was a 3.

i don't mean that lowry isn't worth a lot but, for the same reasons we would move him, being 30 years old with only 1 year until ufa. it would seem that that trade is pure desperation for los angeles.

i agree the lakers don't want to build around a bunch of youngsters. they want to use this pick, if they keep it, for a big time player and then lure durant to them.

i think that randle could play with jv. i think jv is going to be stretching out a bit for our dribble drive attacks. moot if we are able to draft bender though.

personally i only see us trading up for murray
      I think Randle's foot speed would make our front court too slow on defence.

I think Ingram will be a 4, but he's likely a hybrid like Jabari Parker.

Chances of Lakers getting Durant seem pretty slim. Their plan B options are Derozan / Horford. I think they have the cap room for both, so if they traded for Lowry, they could potentially compete next season, while still keeping Randle, Clarkson as young guys.

Durant is everyone's Plan A, that means a lot of teams are going to end up chasing Plan B-C-D. Bringing Durant to our current core would be our plan A because it would elevate our title chances immediately and into the future. If we miss out on that though, Plan B or C should very likely be looking at trading Lowry. If he were 5 years younger then I wouldn't even consider it, but he's not so I would.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I wouldn't give up on lowry just yet. Demar can go tho. I've been in his corner for a while hoping that he'd figure it out but he always regresses to the same crap, and is as non-clutch as they come. A year ago I would've still given him a chance, but it's clear he will never figure out how to play the right way at this point.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
          I wouldn't give up on lowry just yet. Demar can go tho. I've been in his corner for a while hoping that he'd figure it out but he always regresses to the same crap, and is as non-clutch as they come. A year ago I would've still given him a chance, but it's clear he will never figure out how to play the right way at this point.
          If you are moving on from DD, then keeping Lowry doesn't make a ton of sense unless you are replacing DD with another win now talent. Lowry has probably 3-4 years tops at his current production. He can't wait for another young stud to develop.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

It's not about giving up. It's about having foresight and making the right long term decision. If that involves hanging on to Lowry then fine. He is 30. He has had to deal with a bunch of injuries. The Raptors may be in position to draft a game changer or work a deal for one. Lowry is important right now, but we don't know if that will be the case or has to be the case on June 23rd.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              It's not about giving up. It's about having foresight and making the right long term decision.
              This should be the essence of every decision but is especially true in this case due to age/contract status.

Comment

I'm still with kyle lowry. He is far and away the #1 reason the raptors are relevant. I know he wants it bad, it's not an effort thing. These guys are humans but people on message boards just treat them like assets or stocks, ready to discard at the first sign of slippage like a piece of trash.

KLOE. I believe he'll shoot well tonight. And if he doesn't then I believe he'll shoot well saturday. Cause I support kyle lowry.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                  If Masai is looking to really move in a new direction, Lowry to Lakers for their Top 3 pick plus Russell is a good start.

Then the Lakers could sign DD to pair with Lowry and be competitive this year.

We would build around a JV-Ingram/Bender front court with a Russell-Powell back court. Very high ceiling team.
                  I agree with this. MU always mentions that we are a building team. Well Carroll and Lowry seem to only be a good fit for the next 2-3 years. DD with all his flaws, is still very young and so is our other core pieces. If you can flip KLow to get a top 3 pick I think you do it. I mean look at Boston. They are very good now, but they are also super young and growing.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    I'm still with kyle lowry. He is far and away the #1 reason the raptors are relevant. I know he wants it bad, it's not an effort thing. These guys are humans but people on message boards just treat them like assets or stocks, ready to discard at the first sign of slippage like a piece of trash.

KLOE. I believe he'll shoot well tonight. And if he doesn't then I believe he'll shoot well saturday. Cause I support kyle lowry.
                    For me this has nothing to do with support. I don't think we'll see another performance like game 1 but ultimately it's to do with this teams title chances resting on the shoulders of a player with a small window left and an impending free agency.

He isn't good enough to lead us to a title and he isn't young enough to build around on a capped out team.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                      For me this has nothing to do with support. I don't think we'll see another performance like game 1 but ultimately it's to do with this teams title chances resting on the shoulders of a player with a small window left and an impending free agency.

He isn't good enough to lead us to a title and he isn't young enough to build around on a capped out team.
                      That's fine, your comments have seemed more measured and reasoned, I'm more referring to the Reggie miller choke pictures and the "mental midget" stuff like we shouldn't be thanking this guy for all he's done.

I also think trade talks are better saved for when the raptors season is done, especially in the playoffs. But I can't stop people from doing what they do.
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                        If Masai is looking to really move in a new direction, Lowry to Lakers for their Top 3 pick plus Russell is a good start.

Then the Lakers could sign DD to pair with Lowry and be competitive this year.

We would build around a JV-Ingram/Bender front court with a Russell-Powell back court. Very high ceiling team.
                        Good start for us, but not sure why the Lakers would give up both Russell and their top 3 pick for Lowry. He's a bit too old to build around with the young core they currently have, I think.

Comment

• Personally I highly doubt LA is giving up their top 3 pick for Lowry.

The names that they've been rumoured to package it for are bigger stars (Paul George & DMC) in the league than Kyle. If they were in fact willing to do so, I love Lowry but I'd be all over that because he's on the wrong side of 30 and is already battling injuries year after year.

It would be absolute highway robbery if we happened to have Simmons or Ingram slip to that spot but I'd be perfectly fine coming out with Murray or Bender.

Comment

• Sam17 wrote: View Post
                            Trade Lowry and the 27th pick to Utah for the 12th pick and Trey Lyles
                            Trade the NYK pick and Ross to move up in the draft
                            Draft Jamal Murray and Henry Ellenson
                            Trade Caroll, clippers pick, and Patterson for Durant in a sign and trade
                            Sign Joe Johnson and a vet centre

Joseph - Murray - Wright
                            DeRozan - Powell - Daniels
                            Durant - Johnson - Caboclo
                            Ellenson - Lyles
                            Valanciunas - Vet - Nogueira
                            Wow that's a lot of things that need to happen!

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              That's fine, your comments have seemed more measured and reasoned, I'm more referring to the Reggie miller choke pictures and the "mental midget" stuff like we shouldn't be thanking this guy for all he's done.

I also think trade talks are better saved for when the raptors season is done, especially in the playoffs. But I can't stop people from doing what they do.
                              The mental midget stuff is perhaps overkill but if his struggles aren't injury related then they are mental/poise related. His past success was from the underdog role, this time he is supposed to lead us to victory; that is an entire new type of pressure that he hasn't yet shown success with.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                                Wow that's a lot of things that need to happen!
                                ...and not bloody likely either if you think Carroll, PP and LAC pick in the 20+ gets you Durant.

Presti hangs up the phone before you can finish saying Patrick. BOS, LAL easily beat that and I'm sure almost 80% of league can and would offer a better package for a chance at KD. The NYK pick is a given and you're giving up a lot more if you really want OKC to orchestrate a trade for a top 3, soon to be top 2 player in the league.

Comment

Working...
                                X