Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you trade Lowry for another top 10 pick in this draft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
    I dunno maybe we would have ended 7th and play 2nd place Heat - with a pg who does better than a record breaking worst playoff performance?
    Or 8th playing the Cavs, and getting swept again.

Comment

• Well

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
        Well
        lets hope he has turned the corner

Comment

Well
          The value just went up a little.

Comment

Well
            Top 5. lol.

Comment

• If Lowry is actually back from the dead does this thread die?
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                The mental midget stuff is perhaps overkill but if his struggles aren't injury related then they are mental/poise related. His past success was from the underdog role, this time he is supposed to lead us to victory; that is an entire new type of pressure that he hasn't yet shown success with.
                I don't know why anyone would assume his shooting woes aren't injury related with the way he clutches his elbow every time he hits the ground.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                  I don't know why anyone would assume his shooting woes aren't injury related with the way he clutches his elbow every time he hits the ground.
                  Lowry constantly refuting those claims has a lot to do with it.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    Lowry constantly refuting those claims has a lot to do with it.
                    He did the same last year and then, in the summer, we found out he was actually hurt even more than we thought he was.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
                    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                      He did the same last year and then, in the summer, we found out he was actually hurt even more than we thought he was.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
                      Casey said he was banged up immediately after the Washington series....when he hit the floor and grabbed his elbow I was very concerned yesterday as he was shooting well but he immediately got a very good three pointer up and in.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                        If Lowry is actually back from the dead does this thread die?
                        I don't think so. Whether or not to trade a upcoming UFA who is line to get his biggest payday and start the downside of his career is still relevant.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                          If Lowry is actually back from the dead does this thread die?
                          The reasons posed for dealing have little to do with his short term shooting issues and a lot to do with his age, his injury history, DeMar's chances of leaving and the team's chances of contending in the next three years.

Comment

• This is a tough one. If Ujiri thinks that DeRozan plus picks and/or other expendable assets nets a legit superstar over the next 2 years then keeping Lowry makes sense. You won't win a championship with the DeRozan + Lowry combo as your best 2 players, and I don't know that Lowry would resign if the franchise just let DeRozan walk and used the money elsewhere rather than pay him the max, so if you're keeping Lowry then the goal had better be to find someone far better than DeRozan to pair him with. To do that, you'd have to resign DD and then engineer a trade or risk pissing Lowry off by letting DeMar walk for cap space.

So can DeRozan plus assets get you the true franchise player you need to win a championship while Lowry is still in his prime? Is that opportunity even lurking out there? Or is the goal just to trot a good but not great team out every year and hope you pull a Mavs and have that one great year that leads to a championship?

I think if you want to build a contender, you bite the bullet and make that trade. But it would take a GM with 100% guaranteed job security to make that move right now.

Comment

• Lark Benson wrote: View Post
                              This is a tough one. If Ujiri thinks that DeRozan plus picks and/or other expendable assets nets a legit superstar over the next 2 years then keeping Lowry makes sense. You won't win a championship with the DeRozan + Lowry combo as your best 2 players, and I don't know that Lowry would resign if the franchise just let DeRozan walk and used the money elsewhere rather than pay him the max, so if you're keeping Lowry then the goal had better be to find someone far better than DeRozan to pair him with. To do that, you'd have to resign DD and then engineer a trade or risk pissing Lowry off by letting DeMar walk for cap space.

So can DeRozan plus assets get you the true franchise player you need to win a championship while Lowry is still in his prime? Is that opportunity even lurking out there? Or is the goal just to trot a good but not great team out every year and hope you pull a Mavs and have that one great year that leads to a championship?

I think if you want to build a contender, you bite the bullet and make that trade. But it would take a GM with 100% guaranteed job security to make that move right now.
                              I think that last point is a very good one i havent seen much. Masai needs to have full backing to do any trade which probably goes along with letting Derozen go.

Comment

• Lark Benson wrote: View Post
                                This is a tough one. If Ujiri thinks that DeRozan plus picks and/or other expendable assets nets a legit superstar over the next 2 years then keeping Lowry makes sense. You won't win a championship with the DeRozan + Lowry combo as your best 2 players, and I don't know that Lowry would resign if the franchise just let DeRozan walk and used the money elsewhere rather than pay him the max, so if you're keeping Lowry then the goal had better be to find someone far better than DeRozan to pair him with. To do that, you'd have to resign DD and then engineer a trade or risk pissing Lowry off by letting DeMar walk for cap space.

He's an FA though. So you first need to convince him that Toronto is the place for him and then turn around and secure the trade later on. Question for everyone, outside of S&T's what the earliest a well known star has been dealt after just signing a new long term deal? I think common courtesy brings you up to next year's deadline at least.
                                Last edited by Apollo; Sun May 8, 2016, 11:49 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Working...
                                X