X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwade Shooting During Canadian Anthem

What ya think about this boys?

http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1022851

Wow wade keeps shooting during our national anthem. Thats totally disrespectful. Guy has no class.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

Ah u beat me to it. Wade is a piece of shit.

Comment

Disrespectful pos. Enjoy the early start to summer while we play your "dream series" against your bum buddy, hotshot
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Isn't there anything in the league, like a policy,a code,that during the national anthem(any anthem) there should not be any ball playing/movement out of respect ??

Comment

Pissed me the fuck off to the point that I sent a complaint to the NBA.
            http://contact.nba.com/contact-nba/

Comment

Wow that's awful. There must be some way they can at least fine him for that, right?

Comment

I think Abdul-Rauf was slapped with a one-game suspension for failing to stand for the anthem for religious reasons. IMO, simply ignoring an anthem and continuing to practice is much worse than conscientiously objecting to an anthem. So how about a little consistency, NBA? One game suspension for Wade?

(Not actually expecting that to happen or for anyone in the US or the NBA to care.)

edit: a little context to the Abdul-Rauf situation: he had been doing it for most of a season before it got noticed, and a couple days after the suspension was announced, the league worked out an agreement with him.

Also, from the NBA rulebook:
                Players, coaches and trainers are to stand and line up in a dignified posture along
                the sidelines or on the foul line during the playing of the National Anthem
                Last edited by octothorp; Sun May 8, 2016, 12:08 AM.

Comment

It's because of this sort of arrogance that the world views Americans the way they do.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                    It's because of this sort of arrogance that the world views Americans the way they do.
                    'Merica

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
                      I think Abdul-Rauf was slapped with a one-game suspension for failing to stand for the anthem for religious reasons. IMO, simply ignoring an anthem and continuing to practice is much worse than conscientiously objecting to an anthem. So how about a little consistency, NBA? One game suspension for Wade?

(Not actually expecting that to happen or for anyone in the US or the NBA to care.)
                      They could always make it a regular season game suspension that kicks in to start next year. I'd be fine with that. I'd even be fine with just some sort of smallish fine. Just some sort of recognition that it's totally unacceptable behaviour that should not happen.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        They could always make it a regular season game suspension that kicks in to start next year. I'd be fine with that. I'd even be fine with just some sort of smallish fine. Just some sort of recognition that it's totally unacceptable behaviour that should not happen.
                        How about we all send the same complain letter,it's easier for everybody to copy and send

Comment

I remember when Russians snubbed our anthem after the world championship final last summer. They had to apologize publicly and also pay a $85,000 fine.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            Yeah, a small fine is really all I want to see out of it. Just for the NBA to speak out and say "that's not okay." It's strange looking at the rulebook, it says that players must stand in a dignified way, but there's nothing about any resulting penalty for not doing so. $10,000 seems to be the standard NBA slap-on-the-wrist.

Comment

Yep...he did not follow the protocol. But good grief can we give up on this anthem playing bs already. This is an anachronism from the second world war to gin up the patriotism fervour among the masses. How long ago was that? And there was a reason then.

Just saying...you dont have to go thru this ritual for every sporting event every time. Can someone provide a logical sentiment/reason to do this? Does not doing it say anything less about one's allegiance or love for terra Canada or USA etc.
                              Last edited by Bendit; Sun May 8, 2016, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X