Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    ross and two of nogeria/late first/wright for ibaka
    smh...you can't be serious, to think OKC takes that.

Comment

The talent level of the power forward position is declining imo it seems as stars age and decline they are not being replaced with new talent although Turner may develop. Is this a sign of the game changing rules to make guards more dominate or just a cycle of people of that size not developing there games?

Comment

JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
        smh...you can't be serious, to think OKC takes that.
        But then what has Ibaka done lately to warrant anything more than that?

It's a two way transaction.

Comment

Ibakas "decline" began when he started fancying himself a stretch 4. I mean he's a pretty nice shot even from 3, but his game was way better for okc when he was efficient as hell from 15 feet in.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post
            But then what has Ibaka done lately to warrant anything more than that?

It's a two way transaction.
            Are you basing his value on the last 2 months or that we're offering 2 D-League players, Ross who might as well be one especially when his contract is factored in to his terrible production and inconsistency with a 25+ pick in the draft which usually doesn't amount to much more than any of the aforementioned. Serge still may have had a slightly slower year but you're talking like he's Joachim Noah.

You know damn well if the shoe was on the other foot, you would laugh off that horrible offer.

You're talking about potentially 3 players out of the 4 that would barely see the court and the one that does hardly off sets the impact of losing Ibaka (in fact doesn't at all imo). Let's be honest, OKC could easily do better than that for Ibaka. At $12M moving forward with the current cap there's no way that's good value for him. About the only reason why I don't say there's a 100% chance it doesn't happen is Masai because really a GM would be insane to accept that when he could surely get more.
            Last edited by JamesNaismith; Wed May 11, 2016, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Ibaka

JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
              Are you basing his value on the last 2 months or that we're offering 2 D-League players, Ross who might as well be one especially when his contract is factored in to his terrible production and inconsistency with a 25+ pick in the draft which usually doesn't amount to much more than any of the aforementioned. Serge still may have had a slightly slower year but you're talking like he's Joachim Noah.

You know damn well if the shoe was on the other foot, you would laugh off that horrible offer.

You're talking about potentially 3 players out of the 4 that would barely see the court and the one that does hardly off sets the impact of losing Ibaka (in fact doesn't at all imo). Let's be honest, OKC could easily do better than that for Ibaka. At $12M moving forward with the current cap there's no way that's good value for him. About the only reason why I don't say there's a 100% chance it doesn't happen is Masai because really a GM would be insane to accept that when he could surely get more.
              Perception.

Totally depends on how you look at it.

If you think Delon Wright is a Bonafide D-leaguer then yea there's no value there. But considering he is a rookie and Lucas being a second year big man and having both of them on rookie deals for 2 or 3 years in the new cap era and have the potential tag still attached to them; for that, there's always a market in the NBA, especially a team like OKC. With that being said, there's already enough first round rookies in the OKC roster, I don't see them wanting rookies.

And Ross is going to be making 10 million when Bazemore is bargaining for 13-15. Not to mention the fact Dion Waiters is seeking a new contract from OKC when the cap is about to explode. Ross is a Bonafide catch and shoot 3 point marksman and he has been way above average in that category. Ideally, a guy like Ross who brings somewhat defence to the team fits better in that team than a poor man's Derozan-lite guard who appears on Shaqtin more often than on Sportscentre. And Ross is locked for the next 3 years for 10 million each, when the cap will hit as much as 115m. That's value.

Ibaka averaged 12 and 7 and has been on a steady decline ever since he signed that deal. He's going into his last year of the deal. If you are OKC you grab what you can now and let him go considering Adams and Kanter are playing crunch time minutes in winning basketball games.

Of course if we expand the market to include other teams like Boston, Philly and teams like that then we are not talking value but rather an equilibrium price set based on supply and demand.

If that's what you are talking about then there's no trade that we can make where Boston won't be able to outbid.

Oh, a first round rookie deal is extremely valuable in the new era. It's the most coveted asset in recent years. Say a 2018 lottery protected first rounder can be the sweetener that may make or break a Harden type deal. Oh ye, that happened.

I think you are severely under valuing our assets and over valuing an Ibaka with a 1 year contract.
              Last edited by ball4life; Wed May 11, 2016, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Isn't there talk of Ibaka wanting a larger role on offense? That could compromise Jonas' development.

I like the idea as long as it's made abundantly clear before signing, that he's here for defensive purposes.
                Ibaka said its tough playing good defence when he goes long minutes without touching the ball.

I think he was frustrated and its true that bigs will play harder on defence when they get to actually play offense (look at jv).

I remember him saying that this year and how hes been practicing his jumpers and post ups so he can help the team on offence and defence

Comment

If I were OKC I would take Ross + something over DeRozan, easy. Ross would be a great fit between KD and Westbrook. DeRozan would be a terrible, terrible fit with those two guys. One of the worst for the money, probably.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                  X