Eastern Conference Finals Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

octothorp wrote: View Post
    Game 3 is just about a full week away, and IMO that's what they should target for JV (although great if he's back and healthy earlier). If Raptors can hold JV out the first couple games and have him back at close to 100% for game 3, they've got a shot. If they can somehow steal a game on the road, and then get JV healthy for game 3, look out.
    That would be ideal as it would change the entire dynamic of the series and throw off Cleveland and rookie coach Tyronn Lue.

Comment

bizmack is doing awesome, but cavs have a real strong center in TT and Kevin Love isn't too bad either. We need JV, the earlier the better. His injury really fukd us over, worst possible timing. JVs brute strength will be needed to play a physical game against cavs, especially to keep LBJ at bay. LBJ is stronger, but JV can probably keep him from going off in the paint, or at least im hoping.

raps in 7

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
        If JV and Carroll were healthy, I'd give us a shot. But the only real matchup advantage we have is JV versus their bigs, and if he can't go that's a huge problem.

Cavs in 5.
        I agree BUT David vs Goliaith. Momentum and overcoming adversity is everything. CAVS have yet to experience adversity this post season. Realistically things shaping up well for CAVS to get their championship but if we could make things uncomfortable for them and the quiet whispers were to start that's when we could make hay. We MUST take away/severely limit their 3s or we will get bounced in 4. I hope DC is looking at the film right now and coming up with a plan to guard the 3 line.

Comment

Heart says Raps in 7.

Brain says Cavs in 6.

Comment

The Cavs swept the Hawks. I really don't think we get away with anything more than a win against them.

Comment

mjt20mik wrote: View Post
              The Cavs swept the Hawks. I really don't think we get away with anything more than a win against them.
              And we somehow seem to always beat the Hawks

Comment

Raps in 7 seems like a stretch to me. Closing out on the road is hard AF. I'm going with Cavs in 5 or Raps in 6 with the former being the more likely and the latter based on my hope that JV comes back strong for game 3 and the Cavs 3-point shooting returns to regular-season levels.

Comment

mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                  To be fair; having watched that series, the Cavs could have very easily lost Games 1, 3 and 4. They had to set history to win Games 2 and 3.
                  "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                  "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

I know that no one is giving us a chance to win against the Cavs. Everyone has already determined it's going to be a GS-Cavs rematch, with many people predicting that the Cavs will win.

I don't care what the analysts say. I think we legitimately have a shot to beat the Cavs in this series and go to the finals. We've had a great season and set a few records so far... why stop now?

Comment

JV may not play in games 1 and 2. I don't think we're beating the Cavs on the road without JV.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
                        JV may not play in games 1 and 2. I don't think we're beating the Cavs on the road without JV.
                        I thought that, as long as we had Lowry, we had a chance to beat the Cavs but, JV has been HUGE this year in the playoffs. Without him; I think that downgrades us from a chance to a puncher's chance.

A puncher's chance of course meaning that we win in 7 instead of 4.
                        Last edited by Just Is; Mon May 16, 2016, 03:01 PM.
                        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

I've gone with Raptors in 6, in the last two series and we've won in 7, so....Raptors in 6!

Comment

I'm going against all analysts. I wanna see a Raps-OKC Final and us lifting that trophy as Westbrook cries on the bench.
                            Axel wrote:
                            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

I know it's pretty much blasphemy, but Lebron VS KD is the most compelling matchup to me.
                              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Katherynne73 wrote: View Post
                                I'm going against all analysts. I wanna see a Raps-OKC Final and us lifting that trophy as Westbrook cries on the bench.
                                That would be the most confusing NBA finals in a long time. And I'd also be very mad that I didn't make any Vegas bets.

I'd actually love to see this Finals; although I'd also like to see us against GS.

I guess what I'm really saying is that I want to win the championship.

Comment

Working...
                                X