No announcement yet.

Everything ECF 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've always thought it was nonsense but I am actually getting the sense that there is a portion of the US sports media that is actually mad Toronto is in the ECF. Not a, 'we would have preferred a Wade/Lebron storyline' mad but actually, legitimately mad and upset. It's bizarre.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
        Also, nearly zero chance Demar plays well if Lebron's on him which I expect him to be.

We'll probably see JR on Lowry, LBJ on Demar and Irving on Demarre
        Some commentary out of Cleveland is that this seems unlikely. DeRozan will probably be checked by Smith/Shumpert.

Comment

• Why does everyone think Lebron will be on DeMar? My guess is he's going to take it easy and chill back on Carroll/PP or whoever and let Shump/JR do all the work until he's truly needed.

I don't recall seeing that matchup in the regular season and DeMar definitely did not play anywhere near close to well enough force Lebron to be the one to shut him down. They should be extra-confident in trapping him to force a pass since he's so out of practice with the concept of passing.
          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
            Lol nope! That blurry headline near the bottom says Westbrook leads the Thunder to a 1-0 victory over the Warriors. Nobody is giving us any damn respeck smh
            God damn.

There are only 4 teams left. FOUR TEAMS LEFT.
            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
              I've always thought it was nonsense but I am actually getting the sense that there is a portion of the US sports media that is actually mad Toronto is in the ECF. Not a, 'we would have preferred a Wade/Lebron storyline' mad but actually, legitimately mad and upset. It's bizarre.
              They're probably mad since I've seen on twitter that some reporters were working on a Wade and LBJ stories for weeks and now they have to scrap them hahahaha
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                I really hope this poll went up during or just before Game 7.

Otherwise; that's WAY past disrespectful.
                LOL, this is getting comical. But it's a much better situation for Lowry and Derozan, who really couldn't handle the pressure of being the better team and expected to win, even though it's gone waay beyond underdog at this point. Raptors are basically being treated like like the Washington Generals to the Harlem Globetrotters. Not just being picked to lose, but swept out embarrassingly.

I'm not quite there's been such an overwhelming level of looking past an opponent by the media experts, since this happened.....

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                  They're probably mad since I've seen on twitter that some reporters were working on a Wade and LBJ stories for weeks and now they have to scrap them hahahaha

boo hoo

We definitely crashed the party so it's to be expected. Also, no one can deny that the majority of these 14 Raptor playoff games haven't exactly been fun basketball to watch.
                  Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                    God damn.

There are only 4 teams left. FOUR TEAMS LEFT.
                    Three teams and an other. Fixed.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post

boo hoo

We definitely crashed the party so it's to be expected. Also, no one can deny that the majority of these 14 Raptor playoff games haven't exactly been fun basketball to watch.
                      Let the basketball overlords give the world Raptors vs Oklahoma in the finals.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post

boo hoo

I find it amusing when people nobody's ever heard of need to be twitter verified.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                          Didn't the official NBA page (or possibly the official NBA page for the Cavs) immediately post a feature on the Cavs vs Heat after Game 7?
                          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• I especially want to win because we're the only team without a pre-canned narrative.
                            Curry and the greatest team ever
                            KD - will he stay or not
                            Lebron - win one for his hometown/quest for GOAT

If we make it to the finals all these morons are going to be talking about poutine and beavers.

Comment

• I'm not feeling the late game start time. Why not put the lotto on a little earlier?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                                I'm not feeling the late game start time. Why not put the lotto on a little earlier?
                                It's not the lotto, all games are at 8:30 for the series, just like all the West games are on at 8:00/9:00 EST. They want to get both coasts' eyeballs on both series.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X