Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maybe we don't need a 4/to resign Biyombo: No Seriously Hear Me Out Edition

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Maybe we don't need a 4/to resign Biyombo: No Seriously Hear Me Out Edition

    I have been known to float the occasional idea for shits and giggles...BUT

    Listen okay...

    Here it goes.

    Seriously....don't hit me

    At the beginning of next season we start Bruno at the 4, and Nogeuria at the BACKUP 5

    Both will have had another off-season of work put in and being in year 3 of a 4 year rookie deal, we need to see if they can handle it

    And as the offensive load switches on to JV a little bit more, and Patterson plays starter minutes anyway, all we are talking about is Bruno playing 16 - 18 minutes and Lucas playing 12 - 15.

    I understand most of you are going to furl your brow, but both can shoot the 3, Bebe was defensive player of the year in the ACB and can really pass the ball. It opens up a lot of options should they embrace the role
    Last edited by thead; Wed May 25, 2016, 10:26 AM. Reason: edited for clarity...oops
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

  • #2


    So JV is coming off the bench for Bebe?

    Comment


    • #3
      i was wondering before if the team wasn't trying to get bebe to be the 4, because of the passing and with him always trying to take the 3.

      Comment


      • #4
        Bebe needs to figuratively go back in the oven for a bit. He not done yet.

        Comment


        • #5
          apollo wrote: View Post


          so jv is coming off the bench for bebe?
          fixed lol
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

          Comment


          • #6
            Wasn't there a guy named Roberts on 905 who was tearing it up until he got injured? Invite him to camp and sign him for a mil if he can play.

            Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

            Comment


            • #7
              I have no issue with playing Bebe more minutes at the 5. Bruno at the 4 doesn't make sense to me. He does not have the strength or lateral quicks yet to play bigger 4s or smaller 4s.

              Comment


              • #8
                courtney.mills wrote: View Post
                Wasn't there a guy named Roberts on 905 who was tearing it up until he got injured? Invite him to camp and sign him for a mil if he can play.

                Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
                He played well in summer league but with Bennett, Scola PP,JJ and even DC labeled at time with the four just not enough roster room

                Comment


                • #9
                  Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Bebe needs to figuratively go back in the oven for a bit. He not done yet.
                  Watching him in the Heat series the kid looked completely lost out there on the defensive side.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Letter N wrote: View Post
                    Watching him in the Heat series the kid looked completely lost out there on the defensive side.
                    True ... but you have to give him a slight benefit of the doubt cuz he hasnt played too too much this season and was thrown into the Heat of it all like that. Definitely deserves the chance to prove himself.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      rightsideup wrote: View Post
                      He played well in summer league but with Bennett, Scola PP,JJ and even DC labeled at time with the four just not enough roster room
                      Well Bennet and Scola are gone. JJ too? The Brazilians need another year, so definitely a possibility this year.

                      Btw: http://m.tmz.com/#article/2016/05/24...ag-permission/

                      Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        mike, prague wrote: View Post
                        True ... but you have to give him a slight benefit of the doubt cuz he hasnt played too too much this season and was thrown into the Heat of it all like that. Definitely deserves the chance to prove himself.
                        Ya I'm not saying trade him, but I don't know how ready he is to be the first big off the bench.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          See, this is pretty much the "we didn't manage to anything we wanted to do" backup plan. If Biyombo gets like a 20M deal somewhere and we can't keep him, and we can't find a taker in a trade of Ross for a PF. I still think we end up with a PF from the draft who is more likely to get minutes right away than Bruno, though either way I think we start Patterson.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Letter N wrote: View Post
                            Ya I'm not saying trade him, but I don't know how ready he is to be the first big off the bench.
                            And it's a big gamble to roll the dice on that. I'd much rather see a scenario where they have a better option and then Bebe's play forces Casey to give him minutes, sending the other guy to the bench. That's how Powell got minutes. He took them.

                            I also wouldn't put it past Ujiri & Casey to find another diamond in the rough this summer.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              In Mississauga or Toronto?
                              Two beer away from being two beers away.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X