Noel available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DanH wrote: View Post
    Also, we can not sign and trade Biyombo. Not in any realistic sense.
    Obviously won't happen but under CBA, if we have the cap space and some team wants him but doesn't have the space, could we sign and trade him them?

Comment

Saw the 'Noel might be available' articles, and came here knowing there'd already be a thread about it: surprised to read so many people waffling on the idea of Noel for Ross+#9 -- I'd do that, and feel great about it, in a heartbeat (doubt Philly does). #9 sounds like a can't-miss high 1st-rounder, but feel like that's being inflated by the fact that we got that for Bargs, so it feelslike found money, but you're still basically throwing a darts. We drafted Rafael Araujo at #8. People forget that before tearing his ACL in his first and only season at Kentucky, many believed Noel would be the #1 overall pick.. So yeah...giving up the #9 pick + a decent long-distance-shooting role player who may never figure the rest of his game out for a high ceiling player on his cheap rookie contract for 3 more years at the exact position where we've got a gaping hole? Sign me up. Getting NN for Ross + #27 seems absurd. I don't even think Philly will go for Ross+#9 unless BC has some weird Ross Fetish and/or Masai works miracles.

Comment

myraptors wrote: View Post
        Saw the 'Noel might be available' articles, and came here knowing there'd already be a thread about it: surprised to read so many people waffling on the idea of Noel for Ross+#9 -- I'd do that, and feel great about it, in a heartbeat (doubt Philly does). #9 sounds like a can't-miss high 1st-rounder, but feel like that's being inflated by the fact that we got that for Bargs, so it feelslike found money, but you're still basically throwing a darts. We drafted Rafael Araujo at #8. People forget that before tearing his ACL in his first and only season at Kentucky, many believed Noel would be the #1 overall pick.. So yeah...giving up the #9 pick + a decent long-distance-shooting role player who may never figure the rest of his game out for a high ceiling player on his cheap rookie contract for 3 more years at the exact position where we've got a gaping hole? Sign me up. Getting NN for Ross + #27 seems absurd. I don't even think Philly will go for Ross+#9 unless BC has some weird Ross Fetish and/or Masai works miracles.
        You're comparing a rob Babcock and staff lottery pick to a masai Ujiri and staff lottery pick. We haven't seen masai make a top 10 pick yet
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
          Conversely we could just draft Deyonta Davis. We'd have more double D's than any other team in the league (with Deandre Daniels).

That'd certainly get some fans in seats
          I could see a lot of fan interest in a Double D night at the ACC
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
            It looks like Noel is available. Defensively he has loads of potential. Would 9 and Ross get something done? Would it take Patterson and Ross and picks?
            He is not a floor spreader as a shooter, but he does handle the ball well on the perimeter and can attack from the wing a bit. His shot is slowly improving but I don't think he would ever be a knock down guy from 20 feet.

Any interest in this guy at all?
            Going after him is not the best use of assets for this particular team.

Comment

the thing to remember here is that we have the leverage. Colangelo has 5 picks in this draft and pretty much the entire roster needs experience.

So he is in sell now mode. Will he take a terrible deal? No. But I think Terrence Ross straight up for Nerlens Noel is hard to say to no too
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

also remember spacing issues with Noel would be limited as the 30 minutes he gets, half would be as backup C. Most of the game would be either Patterson/Valanciunas or Patterson/Noel
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Going after him is not the best use of assets for this particular team.
                  If it just costs you Ross and our 1st rounder (not the Nuggets one). Why not?

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                    I'll bring my wife.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                      the thing to remember here is that we have the leverage. Colangelo has 5 picks in this draft and pretty much the entire roster needs experience.

So he is in sell now mode. Will he take a terrible deal? No. But I think Terrence Ross straight up for Nerlens Noel is hard to say to no too
                      If Colangelo accepts Ross for Noel straight-up, Philly fans should roll him up in a tarp and kick him down the Rocky steps.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                        Can we get a free double double from Tim's instead of cardboard from pizza pizza, sign me up!

Comment

what about trying to trade for embiid?

Comment

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                            what about trying to trade for embiid?
                            with his injury history would that be a good idea?

Comment

I would do Ross + #9 for NN. NN is just as good of a prospect as any of the PF in our range.

Get a young PF that can play and contribute right now. Low usage PF that makes up for KL/DD/JV defensively. His midrange jumper is coming along. His knee should be even stronger now.

Casey will turn this kid into a DPOY annual candidate.

Amir Johnson 2.0
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

rightsideup wrote: View Post
                                with his injury history would that be a good idea?
                                He may come for cheap given his history. I honestly wouldn't mind taking a shot, if he manages to get healthy and stay healthy for the most part, he may very well turn into a good player, but on the other hand, there is a possibility he ends up like Greg Oden.

Comment

Working...
                                X