Noel available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noel available?

It looks like Noel is available. Defensively he has loads of potential. Would 9 and Ross get something done? Would it take Patterson and Ross and picks?
    He is not a floor spreader as a shooter, but he does handle the ball well on the perimeter and can attack from the wing a bit. His shot is slowly improving but I don't think he would ever be a knock down guy from 20 feet.

Any interest in this guy at all?
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

I have a hard time evaluating the Sixers talent pool, given that none of these guys have had the opportunity to play on a legitimate professional basketball team yet. Hard to say how this guy would fit into a real system. I definitely agree his potential on the defensive end of the ball is promising. What I don't understand is why we would give up Patterson for him? Is Noel really an upgrade? The only area I think he would give us a boost over Pat is rim protection. If we are going to look for a young PF to develop, why give away assets and our #9? Why not just draft one?

Comment

Patterson is what he is Noel has potential to be a first team all NBA defensive player. Our pick at nine is no guarantee, at least with Noel you know what you have. Not saying I would do the trade, or that I wouldn't, but just looking for thoughts on him. He would sure help our transition game as well.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I like Noel.. but he's not a great offensive talent. Can't stretch the floor. Would probably get in the way of JV.

He could be a good replacement for BB as a backup center. But yeah it would cost at least #9 and probably a combination of Ross, the LAC pick or another prospect like Wright/Powell/Bebe. Seems like a lot for a guy who would primarily be a backup on this team.

I'm sure Philly wants a good talented player anyway.. and #9 is just another pick. Ross is not good enough.

Comment

Noel would not be a good fit for us because there won't be any room to operate with demar, JV and Noel.

Comment

I would do it Ross and #9 pick for Noel. I could see Bryan going for it. If they draft Simmons they will need shooting around him. Also Sixers badly need better guard play. If Dunn is avalable at 9 BC will be calling.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I would try to get him without giving up The 9. If it means Ross and bebe alright. He showed great potential as a defender his rookie year and kind of sucked playing with okafor, which doesn't bode well for lineups with jv. He would probably play mostly backup 5 which kind of wastes his talent.

If they are trying to get better right away(philly) they may very well be willing to part with picks for ross.

Comment

Noel looks great, albeit on a shitty Sixers team but I don't think this is an MCW scenario. He'll need to develop a 3-point shot to be truly great but physically he has the tools to be a defensive star.

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                  I would try to get him without giving up The 9. If it means Ross and bebe alright. He showed great potential as a defender his rookie year and kind of sucked playing with okafor, which doesn't bode well for lineups with jv. He would probably play mostly backup 5 which kind of wastes his talent.

If they are trying to get better right away(philly) they may very well be willing to part with picks for ross.
                  I think a lot of the struggles on offence were because neither Okafor or Noel can score outside of 5 feet. JV can play high post easily. Noel is also a pretty good passer for a big, so offensively I think they fit fine and are a great combo defensively.

Ultimately, I would wonder if 9 and Ross is too much or not; really depends on who is there at 9.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Would be a great Biz replacement if losing him is inevitable.

I wouldn't offer any of the picks. Future pick (protected) and Ross would be the max. No way they should give up the best player and a top 10 pick for a question mark.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                      Noel looks great, albeit on a shitty Sixers team but I don't think this is an MCW scenario. He'll need to develop a 3-point shot to be truly great but physically he has the tools to be a defensive star.
                      I don't think he needs to be a 3 point threat, but I do think he needs 20 foot range. I also think that because he has great potential as an offensive rebounder his man can't afford to sag off him to far (over-help) when 2 passes away as he will burn you for put backs...especially given how much attention JV is starting to earn keeping him off the glass.

Would he be a perfect fit, no. I do think he would be the most interesting prospect on the team to watch develop (or not develop).
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                        I don't think he needs to be a 3 point threat, but I do think he needs 20 foot range.
                        I guess, but without at least a corner 3 it makes it tough to be a great PF in the league anymore. But a corner 3 isn't that hard to learn.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                          I think a lot of the struggles on offence were because neither Okafor or Noel can score outside of 5 feet. JV can play high post easily. Noel is also a pretty good passer for a big, so offensively I think they fit fine and are a great combo defensively.

Ultimately, I would wonder if 9 and Ross is too much or not; really depends on who is there at 9.
                          You made some great points. wasnt sure how good Noel is as a passer, but that is helpful. Spacing still likely becomes an issue if DD resigns, but the offense could work. The thing for me is tgat Noel has shown so much promise as a defender, mostly at the center position. Not sure if he is totally being utilized guarding stretch 4s when he should be in the paint. As a player, Noel is great, just not sold on the fit next to JV.

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                            You made some great points. wasnt sure how good Noel is as a passer, but that is helpful. Spacing still likely becomes an issue if DD resigns, but the offense could work. The thing for me is tgat Noel has shown so much promise as a defender, mostly at the center position. Not sure if he is totally being utilized guarding stretch 4s when he should be in the paint. As a player, Noel is great, just not sold on the fit next to JV.
                            Noel seems like the type of defender who can check a big pretty much anywhere on the court. His shot blocking would suffer from being around the rim less but our PnR defence would be much better and our help defence around the paint would be damn good.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

A 3-big rotation of JV, Noel, and Patterson would be fantastic, IMO. Something like a base rotation of 14 minutes of JV+NN, 12 each of NN + PP and JV + PP, and 10 minutes of one-big smallball, mostly with JV. Unlike anyone we'd be able to draft at #9, Noel is good enough to be a starter now on a good team. And he still has room to improve. He's shown the versatility to play both positions, and between JV and PP we could really take advantage of that. We won't be able to draft anyone who meets those short and long-term goals.

Comment

Working...
                              X