Noel available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hotshot wrote: View Post
    That's not Colangelo way, he said so himself he wants to move away from the Hinkie model of collecting future assets and start building to compete now and knowing what he did in Toronto he will probably looking for more established players for NN.
    Established in what way? Ross is established. He's not a star but he's a proven rotation piece with 2-way ability. Noel is most likely not going to net them an established star. So I'm not sure they can do much better than a piece like Ross with some picks/prospects.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      Established in what way? Ross is established. He's not a star but he's a proven rotation piece with 2-way ability. Noel is most likely not going to net them an established star. So I'm not sure they can do much better than a piece like Ross with some picks/prospects.
      At this time NN is worth more then Ross due to potential, so the Raptors may have to throw in someone like Joseph as well cause other teams will probably have better packages then just Ross and 9th.

So Ross, 9th pick and Joseph

for

Noel, 24th pick and a throw in player.

would you do it?!

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
        At this time NN is worth more then Ross due to potential, so the Raptors may have to throw in someone like Joseph as well cause other teams will probably have better packages then just Ross and 9th.

So Ross, 9th pick and Joseph

for

Noel, 24th pick and a throw in player.

would you do it?!
        I don't do that deal. That's a lot to give up. I like Dan's price of Ross, our lower pick and the Clippers pick.

Don't know how much potential Noel has. Seems his niche is fairly specific. How many teams want a PF without range these days? And he's too skinny to be a full time C probably. He could have more potential but I don't think it'll be easy to sell teams on him. They could definitely get better offers, but I don't think you get into a bidding war for him. That's why some think they'll move Okafor. Easier for to project his fit on most teams and has offensive game to tempt people.

Comment

mjt20mik wrote: View Post
          Both him and Okafor are available.. as per a tweet from the score.
          do not know what kind of kid noel is but okafor's talent does not out-way his character flaws them shopping these guys just got criticized by pti on espn

Comment

We're not getting Nerlens Noel for Ross and middling picks. We're being homers to hope for that. Any number of teams could and would outbid that.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
              We're not getting Nerlens Noel for Ross and middling picks. We're being homers to hope for that. Any number of teams could and would outbid that.
              There was no way we were getting a top 10 pick for Bargnani, or a first and second round pick for Vasquez either.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                As someone who has been in the Dynasty league you should know sometimes it doesn't matter what other teams are willing to bid. Lol

I'm so in for Noel if we can get him .. his potential is too much to pass up on if Masai has a "fair" deal. I'll leave the definition of "fair" in this situation to Masai's impeccable trading acumen.
                Last edited by Joey; Fri May 27, 2016, 06:54 PM.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                  There was no way we were getting a top 10 pick for Bargnani, or a first and second round pick for Vasquez either.
                  Acquiring a nebulous pick with uncertain future value is a lot easier than acquiring a player with proven worth. Humans frequently misvalue uncertainty and especially long-term opportunities, and GMs are even more prone to this because their jobs require short-term results.

But in addition to that, BC specifically isn't going to trade for the guy he got talked into picking, over Drummond no less. We may be able to shop Ross a lot of places but I'd consider it almost impossible to send him to Philly.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post

Yeah, I think that's true. If they are eager to trade him around draft day, the uncertainty of the offseason with most teams looking forward to big cap space to go after free agents, I don't know that very many teams will want to trade away good assets for the sorts of player that can simply spend for. If they wait, they might find another team at the end of free agency season who has also struck out and would overpay for Noel. But then their options are going to be more limited and the market might actually be worse, or the only viable trade partners they can find are looking to trade bigs. Or the only trade targets have old players who are going to be irrelevant by the time their core is ready to start to contend.

I'm not saying they would trade for a Ross + picks package, and if I was a Philly fan, I'd be a little pissed at that return (depending on the pick). But I also think the value/youth/upside/fit of Ross makes some sense for them.

Comment

If we could get Noel for Ross and parts... wow. I could see BC being high on Ross since he drafted him and Philly badly needs shooting on the perimeter.

Noel and JV could start together, especially with both guys working on expanding their range. And a 3 big rotation of them two and 2pat would mean no need to re-sign Biyombo, so you've got about 10 million cap space to work with even with dd's cap hold.

Comment

Seems like there's a lot of uncertainty regarding his value.

What is his value? Is he really a stud? He was the 6th pick in arguably the weakest draft ever and immediately traded along with a future 1st rd pick for Jrue Holiday. People blame the knee injury, and that's certainly a big factor, but even with that injury I don't think he drops if there aren't concerns about his limitations offensively and his size to play C. He's an awkward fit at PF on most teams in the league because of his lack of scoring/shooting ability. He's a less than ideal fit at C, where his tools are great, but he's a pretty skinny guy in a league where that position is bigger and deeper than it's been in a long time. Not sure he could withstand the beating he'd take playing full time there.

So yeah, I really wonder what teams would give up, and it's hard to imagine anyone giving up a high lottery pick or established all-star (or fringe all-star). Maybe if Philly throws in more on top of Noel, but they still have a big heap of garbage to clean up with no real foundation for their team, and shedding multiple assets is probably not the best strategy.

Comment

If he can play power forward i would sign and trade biyombo with some picks for him.

I think hed be great with JV atleast defensively (gasol and zach) if we had a shooting guard that could shoot the 3. Unfortunately we have one of the only starting shooting guards that cant shoot the 3

Comment

Simplicity wrote: View Post
                            If he can play power forward i would sign and trade biyombo with some picks for him.

I think hed be great with JV atleast defensively (gasol and zach) if we had a shooting guard that could shoot the 3. Unfortunately we have one of the only starting shooting guards that cant shoot the 3
                            Philly has significant more cap space than us, if they want Biyombo then they'd simply sign him since they can offer a lot more money than us. Literally no possibility of what you suggest.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Also, we can not sign and trade Biyombo. Not in any realistic sense.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                                If we are losing BB, we absolutely need to chase down NN. Goes well with DD and PP. Our double-initial quota is running low.
                                Conversely we could just draft Deyonta Davis. We'd have more double D's than any other team in the league (with Deandre Daniels).

That'd certainly get some fans in seats
                                A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Working...
                                X