X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACK11
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Shooting 44% in the restricted area will do that to you.
    That's just awful.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    MACK11 wrote: View Post
    How did Noah shoot 38% last year? How is that even possible for someone who takes no jumpshots?
    Shooting 44% in the restricted area will do that to you.

Leave a comment:

• MACK11
    replied
    How did Noah shoot 38% last year? How is that even possible for someone who takes no jumpshots?

Leave a comment:

• Gambino
    replied
    In my 2K MyLeague with Philly, the Raptors signed Noah in 2016 free agency and then beat OKC in the finals in 2017 lol. They started Noah at power forward.

Don't think that'd work in real life, just found it funny that people are bringing up that scenario.

Leave a comment:

• Letter N
    replied
    Mess wrote: View Post
    I think Noah would be great to have, a near perfect fit but I doubt he's ready and willing to accept a backup's minutes and pay. He was coming off knee surgery last season so I'm betting he'll be more productive next year.
    He's one year removed from a top 5 MVP season, he's still got a lot of game left in him and not as a 15 min a game backup

Leave a comment:

• Mess
    replied
    92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
    He's also 31 and has played 1 full season in his career. I don't think thats what we need coming off the bench. JV is the main guy, the depth at C should be young guys who can come in, provide energy rebounding and defending the hoop, and not make too many mistakes.
    I think Noah would be great to have, a near perfect fit but I doubt he's ready and willing to accept a backup's minutes and pay. He was coming off knee surgery last season so I'm betting he'll be more productive next year.

Leave a comment:

• 92TillInfinity
    replied
    Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
    If raps can't sign biyombo,sure looks like they won't..I go after Joakim Noah. Great Basketball IQ,Great Defensively. He would b perfect with Dwayne Casey's squad.
    He's also 31 and has played 1 full season in his career. I don't think thats what we need coming off the bench. JV is the main guy, the depth at C should be young guys who can come in, provide energy rebounding and defending the hoop, and not make too many mistakes.

Leave a comment:

• Dr Hannibal Lecter
    replied
    If raps can't sign biyombo,sure looks like they won't..I go after Joakim Noah. Great Basketball IQ,Great Defensively. He would b perfect with Dwayne Casey's squad.

Leave a comment:

• big boi
    replied
    Barolt wrote: View Post
    If we're maintaining Lowry/DeMar/JV, need shooters around them. Noel isn't that.
    Yeah, I don't subscribe to that. Lowry can shoot and so can Carroll... Typically. JV is a reliable jump shooter just not from 3. If DD requires that much catering to, then he is a liability not even close to worthy of a max contract. I'm not a big fan of shooting guards' inability to shoot the 3. But I'm even less of a fan of compounding a mistake of maxing out a player like Demar with totally catering the team to him. A defensive big like Ibaka would be perfect on this team, and I'd be intrigued by Noel as well. And Davis.

I like Davis for the pick and he is raw offensively to say the least, tho he looks like he ought to be able to hit a jumper.

If the suggestion is that we absolutely need a stretch 4 and only a stretch 4 will do to play with our existing lineup, I reject that. As long as a defensive big can pass, can accept a pass out of a double team and explode to the rim before a double team can react to it... He can play with a scoring centre. JV is our scoring big who can hit his jump shots, we do not necessarily need two. And I don't think the jury is out on whether Davis or Noel can have a reliable jump shot, tho sure they may never be able to shoot from 3.

There are fads in basketball. When Jordan was in the league in his first stretch conventional wisdom was that the centre position wasn't critical. And that was kind of true then. Then Olajuwan took over for a couple of years... The big man was back. Then Shaq dominated for years, it was considered difficult to win without a dominant big man or at least one that could defend one.

Certainly the 3ball has changed the league. And the stretch 4 is an important position. But conventional wisdom today will change again in the future. Probably the not too distant future. Maybe a player like Towns will change things again.

Leave a comment:

• blackjitsu
    replied
    Also, I think Philly is in a position of weakness. Who is starting the rumors about potential trades? Philly will be lucky to get pennies on the dollar. They need vets, prospects with experience. That was a glorified D League team. That drops the value of all their prospects.

Noel appears good on a garbage team. In no way does that justify giving Philly a top 10 drat pick and a player. No way.

Leave a comment:

• BobLoblaw
    replied
    white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    What I mean is that if Philly wants a pick/prospect, the #9 pick in this draft is an excellent one. Yes, a player you draft at 9 could end up being better than Noel. Heck, if any of the bigs Raps fans have been talking about pan out, they pretty much all have better 2-way potential than Noel.

However Philly appears to be looking for established players with the typical "rush into team-building" Colangelo philosophy. We'll see if his dad can reign him in. And all the more reason not to offer up that #9 pick. Maybe you can legitimately con BC into thinking Ross could break out as a starter. BC knows he has the physical tools and was the one who picked him (we know how stubborn BC can be about proving his pick was worth it).
    I think at the core of it, most likely we just have different valuation of this draft and of Noel. Which is fair enough.

I don't really understand all of these arguments about where Noel was drafted, or how someone could be better "if he pans out" -- it's not what really determines value of a pick. Value of a pick is more about 'probable', not just 'possible'.

Personally I don't think we need him. I mean, we could use him, but it would be a waste of assets to get him to be a backup.
    Last edited by BobLoblaw; Sun Jun 5th, 2016, 01:05 PM. Reason: to express it better

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
    I think I genuinely don't understand what you mean. Are you saying that Noel was drafted at no.6 but this year there is a Noel that you can draft at no.9, so this draft is stronger than that one?

I think where players are drafted becomes meaningless after a few years. Where Noel was drafted at this point in time is as meaningless as where Steph Curry was drafted or where Michael Kidd Gilchrist or Terrence Ross were drafted.

I agree about separation of guys in the lottery, I don't think there's much separation, most of them look like crapshoot to me. I think this is a draft where there will be 5 Jordan Hills and Terrence Rosses drafted in the top 10. Well, who knows. These predictions about 'strong draft/ weak draft' often backfire. Sometimes shitty drafts turn out to be pretty good because a bunch of players develop very well and have less bad luck with injuries than other years.
    What I mean is that if Philly wants a pick/prospect, the #9 pick in this draft is an excellent one. Yes, a player you draft at 9 could end up being better than Noel. Heck, if any of the bigs Raps fans have been talking about pan out, they pretty much all have better 2-way potential than Noel.

However Philly appears to be looking for established players with the typical "rush into team-building" Colangelo philosophy. We'll see if his dad can reign him in. And all the more reason not to offer up that #9 pick. Maybe you can legitimately con BC into thinking Ross could break out as a starter. BC knows he has the physical tools and was the one who picked him (we know how stubborn BC can be about proving his pick was worth it).

Leave a comment:

• BobLoblaw
    replied
    So this draft is probably stronger than that one. This pick has pretty good value.

I don't actually find this draft weak. I think there isn't a lot separating a lot of guys in the lottery, but the sense of tiering is pretty far from accurate every year.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    I think I genuinely don't understand what you mean. Are you saying that Noel was drafted at no.6 but this year there is a Noel that you can draft at no.9, so this draft is stronger than that one?

I think where players are drafted becomes meaningless after a few years. Where Noel was drafted at this point in time is as meaningless as where Steph Curry was drafted or where Michael Kidd Gilchrist or Terrence Ross were drafted.

I agree about separation of guys in the lottery, I don't think there's much separation, most of them look like crapshoot to me. I think this is a draft where there will be 5 Jordan Hills and Terrence Rosses drafted in the top 10. Well, who knows. These predictions about 'strong draft/ weak draft' often backfire. Sometimes shitty drafts turn out to be pretty good because a bunch of players develop very well and have less bad luck with injuries than other years.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Perhaps we could offer some facilitating services (cough*TRoss*cough) for a 6ers pick and cap savings?

Leave a comment:

• 3inthekeon
    replied
    Yeah, they're looking for established studs like Jeff Teague.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    That's about as studdy as you're going to get for Nerlens Noel.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X