X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot
    replied
    white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Established in what way? Ross is established. He's not a star but he's a proven rotation piece with 2-way ability. Noel is most likely not going to net them an established star. So I'm not sure they can do much better than a piece like Ross with some picks/prospects.
    At this time NN is worth more then Ross due to potential, so the Raptors may have to throw in someone like Joseph as well cause other teams will probably have better packages then just Ross and 9th.

So Ross, 9th pick and Joseph

for

Noel, 24th pick and a throw in player.

would you do it?!

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    Hotshot wrote: View Post
    That's not Colangelo way, he said so himself he wants to move away from the Hinkie model of collecting future assets and start building to compete now and knowing what he did in Toronto he will probably looking for more established players for NN.
    Established in what way? Ross is established. He's not a star but he's a proven rotation piece with 2-way ability. Noel is most likely not going to net them an established star. So I'm not sure they can do much better than a piece like Ross with some picks/prospects.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Ross, 27, and LAC pick? I'd throw in BeBe as a NN replacement in terms of big prospect.
    That's not Colangelo way, he said so himself he wants to move away from the Hinkie model of collecting future assets and start building to compete now and knowing what he did in Toronto he will probably looking for more established players for NN.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Hey Dan are there salary issues that could be a concern? Or do we just assume PHI will fill the deal with any amount of cash they might need to? Because it has to match Ross' salary for next season, correct?

The limit on matching salaries is to prevent teams from taking back too much salary if they operate over the cap. So even with Ross' poison pill deal, we can make the trade, as Philly has 7M in cap room right now, and can absorb the excess salary easily. Ross would count as 8.6M in incoming salary for them, so even with BeBe going (1.8M) they'd be sending out 3.5M and receiving 10.4M. And we can do it since we would be sending out 5.4M and taking back only 3.5M.

And even if that all didn't work, the teams could arrange the deal and make the trade in the summer when the 76ers will have a mountain of cap room to take Ross into. In that case it's even possible we take a guy like Carl Landry off their hands to free up more cap space for them (as at that point Ross' 10M deal allows us to absorb a lot of salary in a trade).

Leave a comment:

• Barolt
    replied
    Hey Dan are there salary issues that could be a concern? Or do we just assume PHI will fill the deal with any amount of cash they might need to? Because it has to match Ross' salary for next season, correct?

Philly is massively under the cap for next year. We aren't, but we're sending more salary than we're taking back in his proposed trade.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    Ross, 27, and LAC pick? I'd throw in BeBe as a NN replacement in terms of big prospect.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Chefff wrote: View Post
    Yeah, I think that works. Noel & Patterson could be an incredible defensive bigs pairing with great mobility, post defence, and rim protection, and Patterson's shooting offsets Noel's offensive liabilities well.

Offensively, JV & Noel together might get a little cramped, but if rotations were well-managed, they only have to share 10-15 minutes of floor time and they could be teamed up with lowry, POWell, and Carrol for those minutes (assuming Ross goes out in the NN trade).

I'm not sure I'd do Ross+Pick#9 straight up, but would definitely do Ross+Pick#26. Whether that's enough... probably not.

Leave a comment:

• Chefff
    replied
    octothorp wrote: View Post
    A 3-big rotation of JV, Noel, and Patterson would be fantastic, IMO. Something like a base rotation of 14 minutes of JV+NN, 12 each of NN + PP and JV + PP, and 10 minutes of one-big smallball, mostly with JV. Unlike anyone we'd be able to draft at #9, Noel is good enough to be a starter now on a good team. And he still has room to improve. He's shown the versatility to play both positions, and between JV and PP we could really take advantage of that. We won't be able to draft anyone who meets those short and long-term goals.
    Yeah, I think that works. Noel & Patterson could be an incredible defensive bigs pairing with great mobility, post defence, and rim protection, and Patterson's shooting offsets Noel's offensive liabilities well.

Offensively, JV & Noel together might get a little cramped, but if rotations were well-managed, they only have to share 10-15 minutes of floor time and they could be teamed up with lowry, POWell, and Carrol for those minutes (assuming Ross goes out in the NN trade).

I'm not sure I'd do Ross+Pick#9 straight up, but would definitely do Ross+Pick#26. Whether that's enough... probably not.

EDIT: The 76ers would have to throw Carl Landry in to make the cap math work. I've lost track of him. Is he still any good? At 6.5mil/year (1 year left), how does everyone think that would affect such a transaction?
    Last edited by Chefff; Fri May 27, 2016, 03:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mjt20mik
    replied
    Both him and Okafor are available.. as per a tweet from the score.

Leave a comment:

• Mess
    replied
    Letter N wrote: View Post
    I guess, but without at least a corner 3 it makes it tough to be a great PF in the league anymore. But a corner 3 isn't that hard to learn.
    Neither is a free throw but he's even worse than Bismack...and no one is expecting him to develop a corner three.

I'd love to have him but I wouldn't pay a steep price for him.

And I think the notion of JV as a stretch big has gotten a little ahead of schedule.
    Last edited by Mess; Fri May 27, 2016, 01:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    I'd be down for Noel. The defensive potential of our frontcourt would be high enough to make it worth trying. Offensive question marks for sure, but definitely worth a shot.

What would the price though? He's probably their best trade chip so you gotta think they want a lot, right?

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    Not a bad idea. I read that Noel was developing an outside shot, but it didn't work out for him last season. JV said he's going to hit 3's next season, so perhaps even a JV-Noel frontcourt could work, as Noel reminds me somewhat of Amir when he first got here - with a lot better rim protection.

http://www.csnphilly.com/philadelphi...offensive-game
    with a higher ceiling.

Leave a comment:

• DogeLover1234
    replied
    Axel wrote: View Post
    Noel seems like the type of defender who can check a big pretty much anywhere on the court. His shot blocking would suffer from being around the rim less but our PnR defence would be much better and our help defence around the paint would be damn good.
    True i suppose im overthinking this

Leave a comment:

• DogeLover1234
    replied
    If we are losing BB, we absolutely need to chase down NN. Goes well with DD and PP. Our double-initial quota is running low.
    Best reasoning yet, im sold

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Not a bad idea. I read that Noel was developing an outside shot, but it didn't work out for him last season. JV said he's going to hit 3's next season, so perhaps even a JV-Noel frontcourt could work, as Noel reminds me somewhat of Amir when he first got here - with a lot better rim protection.

http://www.csnphilly.com/philadelphi...offensive-game

Leave a comment:

Working...
X