Offseason Trade Proposal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    You have a whole forum section dedicated to trades. What more could you ask for?

The whole point of it was to keep the main board from being overrun with trade idea threads. We don't need a trade idea thread, just use the entire board dedicated to it.
    A whole forum section that no one visits ever. So if you want to talk to yourself about a trade, it's great for that. If you want to discuss with other fans, not so much. I think having this one dedicated thread is perfect, and it can't overrun the main board because it's only one thread. Otherwise you just get people using the free agency, draft, off-season, and everything derozan threads to post trade ideas.

Comment

I'll bring it up offline from here and we'll see.

Comment

WhatRhymesWithCash wrote: View Post
        I think we should target ibaka considering the uncertain future of OKC after this season.

Ross + bebe + clips pick + a second rounder might do it, OKC sure likes their athletic wings and bebe could be a stash player for them which they are known to do.
        Well if they go on to win it all, I don't think we will be able to get Ibaka. And as much as I like him, I think this is a bit too much for a player who's been inconsistend for the last couple seasons...

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
          I'd say they would probably want delon or Cory because of their point guard situation. I would hope that they don't want our lotto pick l. Maybe tross, delon, and a future first? I think another guy worth targeting on the Jazz would be trey lyles. Not sure on his availability or cost tho.
          They could get a better PG for Favors, and I think they're trying to win now so maybe they'd target someone like Teague. Maybe it could be some kind of three team trade where Utah gets Teague, the Hawks get Favors, and we get Millsap. Obviously with other players and picks involved.

Comment

Sam17 wrote: View Post
            They could get a better PG for Favors, and I think they're trying to win now so maybe they'd target someone like Teague. Maybe it could be some kind of three team trade where Utah gets Teague, the Hawks get Favors, and we get Millsap. Obviously with other players and picks involved.
            I think Atlanta needs more in this scenario. Mislap is better than favors and they would need a reason to do this.

Comment

Case with Utah is that they still are really high on what they have there and really no reports/indicators surfaced that they are willing sellers for any of their core players, which seems to be Exum (whom injury they believe was main setback and reason they missed playoffs, but anyway, he might given them +5 wins and the'd end up eaten up alive in 1st round) /Hood/Haywars/Favors/Gobert.

Also I'm not sure Favors fit that well, of course he rebounds and plays well in the paint, but haven't playoffs proved that we need only 1 dominant player on the floor in that aspect? Looking at his shooting splits (and it's not noise, he is shooting quite a lot of them) he is sub 40% on 2PT Catch & Shoot Oppurtinities and 35% overall from Mid-Range so not really showing the game we are looking for from 4 position right now. Also he is only 24 (that drives his value really high) and never played in play-off game. I think that's another criteria we should focus on to get more experienced guys.

Comment

I'd say they would probably want delon or Cory because of their point guard situation. I would hope that they don't want our lotto pick l. Maybe tross, delon, and a future first? I think another guy worth targeting on the Jazz would be trey lyles. Not sure on his availability or cost tho.
                I would trade the lotto pick pretty quick for Favors. He's a damn good player.

Comment

Majesiu wrote: View Post
                  Case with Utah is that they still are really high on what they have there and really no reports/indicators surfaced that they are willing sellers for any of their core players, which seems to be Exum (whom injury they believe was main setback and reason they missed playoffs, but anyway, he might given them +5 wins and the'd end up eaten up alive in 1st round) /Hood/Haywars/Favors/Gobert.

Also I'm not sure Favors fit that well, of course he rebounds and plays well in the paint, but haven't playoffs proved that we need only 1 dominant player on the floor in that aspect? Looking at his shooting splits (and it's not noise, he is shooting quite a lot of them) he is sub 40% on 2PT Catch & Shoot Oppurtinities and 35% overall from Mid-Range so not really showing the game we are looking for from 4 position right now. Also he is only 24 (that drives his value really high) and never played in play-off game. I think that's another criteria we should focus on to get more experienced guys.
                  Given that DeMar will be back, we have to go the trade route to get that missing piece at the 4. Who would you target if not Favors?

Comment

Terrence Ross and the #9 Draft Pick to Atlanta for Millsap?

Comment

I think Atlanta needs more in this scenario. Mislap is better than favors and they would need a reason to do this.
                      Yeah true, we'd have to give them picks and another player in this scenario. But Favors is 6 years younger than Millsap and I think Atlanta wants to trade Teague to make way for Schroder.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                        Given that DeMar will be back, we have to go the trade route to get that missing piece at the 4. Who would you target if not Favors?
                        Milsap would be the dream. Hopefully A bunch of teams go after Jeff Teague, and horford bolts for Houston or something.

Comment

Gambino wrote: View Post
                          Terrence Ross and the #9 Draft Pick to Atlanta for Millsap?
                          I think this works. They will want a solid 2 guard and Ross would fit their system.

Comment

Could throw in our 1st as well or some 2017 1sts, that was just a base offer.

Comment

Guys, I'm all in favor of getting better, but any trade that you jump on without a second thought is a trade the other team shouldn't make.

Ross and the #9 for Millsap? Of course we take that trade. In a heartbeat. And that's why Atlanta wouldn't do it.
                              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
                                Guys, I'm all in favor of getting better, but any trade that you jump on without a second thought is a trade the other team shouldn't make.

Ross and the #9 for Millsap? Of course we take that trade. In a heartbeat. And that's why Atlanta wouldn't do it.
                                How about Ross, Patterson, Wright, #9 pick and Clippers' 2017 pick?

Comment

Working...
                                X