X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nope
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I have no idea what those numbers in the brackets are supposed to represent.
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post

I have no idea what those numbers in the brackets are supposed to represent.
        Intended MPG maybe? But I can't make sense of that either, because there's way too many minutes allocated there.
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          Intended MPG maybe? But I can't make sense of that either, because there's way too many minutes allocated there.
          I think it's MPG. And the MPG don't have to add up, not every player will play in every game.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            I think it's MPG. And the MPG don't have to add up, not every player will play in every game.
            Ya its a rough MPG estimate by years end. So you guys got nothing eh? No thoughts other than nope?

Comment

It adds up if the Raptors play double overtime in roughly 74 of their regular season games.

Makes sense.

Comment

• Radojevic wrote: View Post
                Ya its a rough MPG estimate by years end. So you guys got nothing eh? No thoughts other than nope?
                Are you looking for enthusiastic responses to the suggestion we do nothing this off-season?

This is the time for dreams. The time for change. I'm surprised your suggestion, no matter how realistic it is, and regardless of the possibility it is the current fall back plan, even got a "nope" response.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                  It adds up if the Raptors play double overtime in roughly 74 of their regular season games.

Makes sense.
                  It also adds up if you only assume an 8 man rotation and the rest are garbage minutes and rest game averages. 8 man is pretty tight for the regular season, I will say that.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I agree with you on DC losing his lateral quickness... But that's because he was playing injured. I think he'll be back to the defensive stopper he used to be next year.

Comment

It also adds up if you only assume an 8 man rotation and the rest are garbage minutes and rest game averages. 8 man is pretty tight for the regular season, I will say that.
                      Yah but giving Kyle 37 minutes is insane.

Comment

• I'd really love to see Kyle at 30 MPG this year. Just tell the rest of the guys to figure it out when he's on the bench, and if you lose some games along the way, so be it.

The cost of doing business. If you can be an effective team without Lowry on the floor, we'll be better for it come the playoffs.
                        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

That's no fun. And besides, Lowry should ideally only hit 37 minutes next season in a game if it goes into extra time. It's time for the kid gloves with him. CP3 only averaged 33 minutes this season and that's with him carrying the load without Blake and with Austin Rivers as his backup.

Comment

I'd really love to see Kyle at 30 MPG this year. Just tell the rest of the guys to figure it out when he's on the bench, and if you lose some games along the way, so be it.

The cost of doing business. If you can be an effective team without Lowry on the floor, we'll be better for it come the playoffs.
                            Exactly. Cory should be able to handle a bit more, and we will have to give Jamal Murray some time at the point. (I'm going to assume everything works out and we get JM because that's the only way I can be happy.)

Comment

I'd really love to see Kyle at 30 MPG this year. Just tell the rest of the guys to figure it out when he's on the bench, and if you lose some games along the way, so be it.

The DeMar plus bench unit was very, very good. So long as you have DeMar out there Lowry should be able to get all the rest he needs. 30 for Lowry, 35 for DD, means 17 minutes together and 18 DeMar minutes and 13 Lowry minutes. Easy. Hopefully we see something like that.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

We need a starting PF badly. With Carroll's lateral quickness having fallen off a cliff, he'd be fine as our starting 4; way more flexibility for who we should target this summer. Find a 4? Carroll stays where he is and slides to PF during small-ball. Find a 3? Carroll starts at the 4 no problem.

The cap is $92m for 2016-17. Derozan's cap hold (20m) and new contract (20m) means we have 3m in soft cap space at best. Thus, FA will yield a MLE-level player at most. I wouldn't mind targeting Pau but I doubt that happens. Not sure who are under-the-radar FA's this year.

Powell has obviously earned a rotation spot and more min next year. Wright can handle an increased work load. Nogueira too.

Here's a conservative offseason:

1) Keep #9, select Sabonis or Prince.
                                2) DD is re-signed.
                                3) FA yields very little, perhaps a JJ-level signing (ie. a 9/10 man).
                                4) Powell starts at the 3 next year, Carroll slides to the 4.

We'd look like:

Lowry (37)
                                DeRozan (36)
                                Powell (25)
                                Carroll (30)
                                Valanciunas (30)
                                6. Joseph (28)
                                7. Patterson (27)
                                8. Ross (25)
                                9. Wright (15)
                                10. Sabonis (15)
                                11. Nogueira (10)
                                12. Caboclo (8)
                                13/14/15. Towel-waivers

Certainly not much of an improvement over last year's roster. Val needs to be utilized as a 3rd option in this scenario. Also doesn't include a Ross trade, although it's 50/50 considering his shooting is needed.

Thoughts?
                                That starting lineup is very, very small at the 3/4, even in light of current trends.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X