Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
    Okay.

Would any of you do Ross + 27 for Marcus Morris?
    Hell no...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
      Okay.

Would any of you do Ross + 27 for Marcus Morris?
      What? No.

I don't even like Ross' game and would dump him quicker than most, but Morris does nothing to help Toronto, and definitely doesn't warrant a pick thrown in. Straight up, maybe, and a big maybe. Many better targets out there if you're casting your net Marcus Morris wide...
      Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
        I've been pushing for him to start for two years. He is a great defender. The only knock I have against Patterson is his tendency to overpass. If I had a nickel for every perfect shot that guy passed up I'd have a shit load of nickels.

On a team where our offense is going to come from the guards and centre, having Carroll and Patterson is ideal, unless you get a transformational 4 I see no reason to not start him
        Is there a commercial in the works similar to Kevin Love dropping all those dimes?

Comment

• Not a trade proposal, but a comment on Masai not selling the farm for Ibaka

From Kevin Pelton

Ibaka's statistics generally show diminishing athleticism in his mid-20s, which is also evident watching him play. His 2-point percentage has declined from 55.4 percent over his first five seasons to 51.6 percent the last two. In 2014-15, Ibaka was able to compensate by making a career-high 77 3-pointers at a 37.6 percent clip. When his 3-point accuracy slipped to 32.6 percent last year, his efficiency plummeted.

An All-Defensive first team pick every season from 2011-12 through 2013-14, Ibaka both blocked shots and grabbed defensive rebounds at career-low rates in 2015-16. He hasn't made either All-Defensive team the last two seasons.
          He's still a damn good player, but no longer a star, and seemingly starting a decline phase. Does he have the smarts to compensate as athleticism wanes? No idea.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
            Not a trade proposal, but a comment on Masai not selling the farm for Ibaka

From Kevin Pelton

He's still a damn good player, but no longer a star, and seemingly starting a decline phase. Does he have the smarts to compensate as athleticism wanes? No idea.
            Still baffling to me that the Magic gave up their house and family for him.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
              And I'm glad we didnt.

Comment

• Yeah, we made our offer (presumably Ross, 9 and maybe a couple other minor assets), they said no, so be it. Good luck to the Magic - I have no idea what they are doing - and congrats to the Thunder for getting a great haul.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                  Squeaking into the playoffs means more to them than long term planning?

Thinking Florida living + no state taxes can attract the FA's they will need to complete their roster?

GM going to lose his job without immediate success?
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    Yeah, we made our offer (presumably Ross, 9 and maybe a couple other minor assets), they said no, so be it. Good luck to the Magic - I have no idea what they are doing - and congrats to the Thunder for getting a great haul.
                    I thought they said that Ross was not involved in the package. If Ross was included I would imagine that OKC say yes to that. The difference between Oladipo and Ross isn't that large, imo.

Comment

Yeah, we made our offer (presumably Ross, 9 and maybe a couple other minor assets), they said no, so be it. Good luck to the Magic - I have no idea what they are doing - and congrats to the Thunder for getting a great haul.
                      Ross wasn't involved (which still puzzles me from pieces that OKC would want).

It was #9, Patterson and Bebe.
                      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                        Ross wasn't involved (which still puzzles me from pieces that OKC would want).

It was #9, Patterson and Bebe.
                        Where did people get this from? The big names I follow never had detail like that.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Are you sure ATL won't trade Millsap?

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                            Not a trade proposal, but a comment on Masai not selling the farm for Ibaka

From Kevin Pelton

Lowe seems to think he was misused to a point.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16...-oladipo-trade

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                              Are you sure ATL won't trade Millsap?
                              They probably would for a Kings ransom.
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Where did people get this from? The big names I follow never had detail like that.
                                There was a tweet somewhere in the draft thread.

EDIT: Found it.

Last edited by Mindlessness; Fri Jun 24, 2016, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X