Offseason Trade Proposal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt wrote: View Post
    I'm not as high on Favors as most. I feel like he's a bad fit beside JV, and we just brought in Poeltl, who also is a great post scorer. There's only so much space in the post.
    I would say Favors is a good post scorer. Poeltl might one day be a good post scorer.

Fwiw, I'm defining "post scorer" as someone you can isolate in the low post and create a high percentage look for himself.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      10M flat.
      wait what

why is his contract so tradeable again?
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
        wait what

Because players who can shoot will be getting 15M+ this summer.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• what a time to be alive
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
            wait what

Maybe it's not outside of this forum. Time will tell.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
              Maybe it's not outside of this forum. Time will tell.
              When you see the contracts handed out this July. You'll see the Ross that is definitely tradeable.
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                When you see the contracts handed out this July. You'll see the Ross that is definitely tradeable.
                I guess time will tell, but keep in mind Hornets are trying to give away Jeremy Lamb at $7M a year....Is Ross that much better than Lamb?

Comment

I guess time will tell, but keep in mind Hornets are trying to give away Jeremy Lamb at $7M a year....Is Ross that much better than Lamb?
                  Terrence Ross: 57.6% catch and shoot eFG.

Jeremy Lamb: 47.1% catch and shoot eFG.

Seems significant.
                  twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Terrence Ross: 57.6% catch and shoot eFG.

Jeremy Lamb: 47.1% catch and shoot eFG.

Seems significant.
                    Once again Barolt to the rescue with one cherry picked resource

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...3=&p4=&p5=&p6=

I'm just saying we keep saying Ross is such a great trade bait and Hornets are trying, and failed at the draft, to trade Lamb for cap relief and he costs less than Ross.

Comment

Once again Barolt to the rescue with one cherry picked resource

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...3=&p4=&p5=&p6=

I'm just saying we keep saying Ross is such a great trade bait and Hornets are trying, and failed at the draft, to trade Lamb for cap relief and he costs less than Ross.
                      And the question is... can Lamb do what Ross does for us?

My answer is no. Lamb isn't as good of a 3pt shooter, isn't as good of a catch and shoot guy, and that's what Ross' replacement needs to do.

Comment

And the question is... can Lamb do what Ross does for us?

My answer is no. Lamb isn't as good of a 3pt shooter, isn't as good of a catch and shoot guy, and that's what Ross' replacement needs to do.
                        I'm not saying they should be traded for each other, I'm saying Ross probably isn't going to be as coveted by other teams as much as people on this board seem to think. $10M may not be a lot in the new NBA, but that doesn't mean teams are ringing our phone off the hook to trade for Ross.

Comment

I'm not saying they should be traded for each other, I'm saying Ross probably isn't going to be as coveted by other teams as much as people on this board seem to think. $10M may not be a lot in the new NBA, but that doesn't mean teams are ringing our phone off the hook to trade for Ross.
                          Except Lamb doesn't do the same thing as Ross. He's not the same guy, so that means that his skillset might be valued differently. Catch and shoot guys are considered high value.

Comment

• To be fair several teams that wanted to move assets at the draft couldn't. Seems like most teams were happy with their positioning and wanted to save cap space for FA season. Everyone was drooling over the packages Danny Ainge could put together and he couldn't get anything done.

After the top tier guys are signed/traded, 2nd/3rd tier players are gonna get snapped up pretty quick as teams spend their cap space. There's a whole summer ahead yet.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• How do we turn TR into Paul Milsap?

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                                How do we turn TR into Paul Milsap?
                                delon and a pick or two ...but i wanna keep delon

Comment

Working...
                                X