No announcement yet.

Offseason Trade Proposal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rudy is actually a better/more realistic option for power forward than many being bandied about. That said, not really interested.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
      I'd trade 10 Derozans if it meant we get Westbrook in return. Screw loyalty, Westbrook is a MVP caliber player and a top 5 player in the NBA.

If the Thunder keep Westbrook for the season, I won't be surprised if he averages a triple double for the season or extremely close to it, like 27, 9 and 11.
      Woj reported that the Thunder aren't playing on trading Westbrook btw. For how long, who knows.

Comment

• Funny because Rudy at the 4 has the potential of working really well. Until they start going ISO again.

But if they played smart that would be a really good starting 5 able to switch left and right on defense.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
          Funny because Rudy at the 4 has the potential of working really well. Until they start going ISO again.

But if they played smart that would be a really good starting 5 able to switch left and right on defense.
          And if he wore contacts.

Comment

• lol Rudy Gay guys...c'mon...there is only one way in which Rudy Gay makes sense for this team...and that's if we were in the position that BKN or Philly is in.

Comment

• I like Rudy but it's pretty clear that he and Demar can not coexist on the same team.

At least; not if you want the team to be good.
              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• At this point, I'm thinking that there are only three types of trade I'm expecting.

1. We trade roughly equivalent assets to trade someone with a good fit for someone expected to be a better one (e.g. T-Ross for Noel).
                2. We trade future assets for present ones (e.g. we trade one of next year's firsts plus Bebe and/or Delon for outgoing salary to pick up someone in a position of need - picking up one of Philly's or Boston's surplus big men, say).
                3. We consolidate assets if the talent we receive back is both good enough and complementary enough (e.g. we put together a package for Milsap if Atlanta decides to go into rebuilding mode).

At some point in the future, I expect a fourth type of trade to be added to this:
                4. We take advantage of a team whose free agency acquisitions aren't working out as planned, and make a trade where we get more/better talent back because we have movable assets at (in most cases) a very reasonable price.

Future opportunities in trade category 4 are a pretty good incentive for us to ensure that any other trade we might make has a clear benefit in at least one of the other three categories.

Trading for Rudy Gay does not fit in any of those categories. In fact, I don't expect a trade in any of those categories involving anyone making more than about 12-14 million a year to materialize until close to the deadline.

Comment

Working...
                X