Offseason Trade Proposal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offseason Trade Proposal Thread

I'm just asking. The trade thread is not in the Everything Raptors, but we only talk about Raptors' trade ideas in there.

Why it is not here? I mean free agency thread is here, draft thread is here, why not trade thread?

Sometimes it's not cool because you want to share an idea you have, and I know ideas are only speculation but it's exactly the same with free agency and draft, but you know there is only going to be a couple answers, a couple days later, because guys don't have the reflex to switch to the trade thread...

I was just wondering, thanks guys!

**EDIT** As you guys can see, we now have this thread to share trade ideas during the offseason. Please use this thread to do it, just like we generally do with the respective threads for free agency and draft ideas, so there won't be a multitude of redundant trade threads in the Everything Raptors section.

Let's see what you got!
    Last edited by charlesnba23; Sat May 28, 2016, 12:01 PM.

I agree.

Comment

If all of the trade proposals were kept to a single thread, I don't think anyone would take issue. It's the number of threads that get created (some of them for literally impossible trades) that creates clutter.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

maybe we can make one just for offseason trade ideas?

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
          If all of the trade proposals were kept to a single thread, I don't think anyone would take issue. It's the number of threads that get created (some of them for literally impossible trades) that creates clutter.
          I agree, but people create single trade threads exactly because they know they won't get a lot of feedback in the trade section.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
            I agree, but people create single trade threads exactly because they know they won't get a lot of feedback in the trade section.
            It makes sense for single threads while in the trade section but on the main page, a single thread would be appropriate. If you want to run with them in this thread I can edit the title.

Personally, I glaze over a lot of posts of trade ideas in other threads (draft thread, free agency thread), so giving them a dedicated thread works for me.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

That would be great! Thanks a lot Axel!

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                It makes sense for single threads while in the trade section but on the main page, a single thread would be appropriate. If you want to run with them in this thread I can edit the title.

Personally, I glaze over a lot of posts of trade ideas in other threads (draft thread, free agency thread), so giving them a dedicated thread works for me.
                And also would you like me to write the thread or you will do the approppriate modifications?

Comment

And also would you like me to write the thread or you will do the approppriate modifications?
                  I changed the title, so go to town.

Comment

I'll start by saying that Derrick Favors would look amazingly great next to JV. Both are legit force inside, can defend, rebound and shoot the ball... and are young.

I just don't know what it would need to get him from the Jazz...

Comment

I'll start by saying that Derrick Favors would look amazingly great next to JV. Both are legit force inside, can defend, rebound and shoot the ball... and are young.

I just don't know what it would need to get him from the Jazz...
                      I'd say they would probably want delon or Cory because of their point guard situation. I would hope that they don't want our lotto pick l. Maybe tross, delon, and a future first? I think another guy worth targeting on the Jazz would be trey lyles. Not sure on his availability or cost tho.

Comment

Yeah I thought about Cory or Delon, and maybe add PPat, who is a good a replacement and on a cheap, ending contract.

I think it would defenitely need a pick though. And I'd be willing to offer this year's 9th. Favors is near all star caliber.
                        Last edited by charlesnba23; Sat May 28, 2016, 02:15 PM.

Comment

I think we should target ibaka considering the uncertain future of OKC after this season.

Ross + bebe + clips pick + a second rounder might do it, OKC sure likes their athletic wings and bebe could be a stash player for them which they are known to do.

Comment

You have a whole forum section dedicated to trades. What more could you ask for?

The whole point of it was to keep the main board from being overrun with trade idea threads. We don't need a trade idea thread, just use the entire board dedicated to it.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                              You have a whole forum section dedicated to trades. What more could you ask for?

The whole point of it was to keep the main board from being overrun with trade idea threads. We don't need a trade idea thread, just use the entire board dedicated to it.
                              To me keep I would keep all the trades in this thread. No new threads. This gives mode exposure to the trade ideas.

Comment

Working...
                              X