No announcement yet.

Offseason Trade Proposal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow the PF market is quickly drying up. Who else is left? Gasol doesn't fit unless he plays C behind JV, but so does Faried and Gibson, both unable to stretch the floor but Gibson does have a nice mid range game. So...what about this? Salaries work according to the trade machine:

TRoss & BeBe to CHI

For

Taj Gibson & Tony Snell to TOR

possible? Or no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• michaelm_ wrote: View Post
      Wow the PF market is quickly drying up. Who else is left? Gasol doesn't fit unless he plays C behind JV, but so does Faried and Gibson, both unable to stretch the floor but Gibson does have a nice mid range game. So...what about this? Salaries work according to the trade machine:

TRoss & BeBe to CHI

For

Taj Gibson & Tony Snell to TOR

possible? Or no?

I like it but wonder if CHI would be interested. I've been trying to come up with a Taj/McDermott trade but can't think of one that CHI might be interested in. Taj can platoon the 4 with Pat and Mcdermott can back up Carroll and replace some of the shooting that Ross brings. Honestly, I think any trade with Chi might require Cojo as well, they need another PG. And I'm not sure I'd want to move both Ross and Cojo for Taj/Doug, and Chi probably wouldn't either. Not sure how high they are on McDermott.

Comment

• As of right now CHI's PG depth looks like Rondo-Jose-Grant

Unless they can find a taker for jose or waive him i don't think they'd be agressive to look for another PG.

Also i would like to think that they'd make Taj expendable to create more opportunities for Portis who had a decent rookie campaign. I'm thinking they'd have Mirotic-Lopez-Portis-Felicio as their bigs rotation, maybe they would be interested in BeBe as their backup/third string C?

I was also reading in realgm about Mcdermott having a higher ceiling than snell, so doubt that bulls will leg him go. But in Raps perspective i think snell can backup carroll and is someone who is long and can defend his position. Can also shoot the 3 decently.

Welp, just throwing out remaining possibilities out there, kinda itching to hear masai pull out a trade/signing or something lol

Comment

• Bulls traded up in the draft a couple of years ago specifically to draft McDermott.

Don't see them trading him unless some team really wants to overpay.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

As of right now CHI's PG depth looks like Rondo-Jose-Grant

Unless they can find a taker for jose or waive him i don't think they'd be agressive to look for another PG.

Also i would like to think that they'd make Taj expendable to create more opportunities for Portis who had a decent rookie campaign. I'm thinking they'd have Mirotic-Lopez-Portis-Felicio as their bigs rotation, maybe they would be interested in BeBe as their backup/third string C?

I was also reading in realgm about Mcdermott having a higher ceiling than snell, so doubt that bulls will leg him go. But in Raps perspective i think snell can backup carroll and is someone who is long and can defend his position. Can also shoot the 3 decently.

Welp, just throwing out remaining possibilities out there, kinda itching to hear masai pull out a trade/signing or something lol

We could try to get Nikolai but hid defence is pretty bad. Taj is good but he doesn't stretch the floor a ton.

Comment

As of right now CHI's PG depth looks like Rondo-Jose-Grant

Snell and Gibson would be really good.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                We could try to get Nikolai but hid defence is pretty bad. Taj is good but he doesn't stretch the floor a ton.
                Mirotic is still young, so i'd doubt they'd given up on him unless you overpay to get him. And yes Taj doesn't shoot 3s which is why i like the idea of starting 2Pat with JV and having Taj be the dirst big off the bench, along with Poeltl.

Comment

• Don't want any part of Taj Gibson or Mirotic. I say we propose a trade with either the Grizzlies or the Sixers.

Grizzlies - JaMychal Green and Vince Carter
                  Sixers - Nerlens Noel and Nik Stauskas or Robert Covington

Comment

• Don't know if this is in here somewhere, but Bill Simmons claimed on his last podcast that the OKC ask for Ibaka was (definitely) Patterson, Cojo, Powell, and the #9.

Anyone who would do that trade?
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                      Don't know if this is in here somewhere, but Bill Simmons claimed on his last podcast that the OKC ask for Ibaka was (definitely) Patterson, Cojo, Powell, and the #9.

Nope. That's 2, probably 3 this season in Powell, big minute rotation players on cheap deals with a top 10 pick on the cheapest deal. I'd think we'd be worse overall with that deal.
                      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Don't know if this is in here somewhere, but Bill Simmons claimed on his last podcast that the OKC ask for Ibaka was (definitely) Patterson, Cojo, Powell, and the #9.

This has been covered, but no, not a chance. He could walk next year and has declined in production for 4 straight years. I'd like him for a reasonable offer, but not for our entire bench (and a top 10 pick).
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          This has been covered, but no, not a chance. He could walk next year and has declined in production for 4 straight years. I'd like him for a reasonable offer, but not for our entire bench (and a top 10 pick).
                          yeah you don't gut all your depth for one year of a 3rd banana player. You need to gut your bench and picks for someone like Boogie

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                            yeah you don't gut all your depth for one year of a 3rd banana player. You need to gut your bench and picks for someone like Boogie
                            Or not gut it at all, either way works.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Nope, what made Toronto good was also because they have a strong bench, you destroy the bench like that and we turn into the Washington Wizards.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                                Nope, what made Toronto good was also because they have a strong bench, you destroy the bench like that and we turn into the Washington Wizards.
                                right and without a superstar like boogie cousins they would suck something fierce if there was ever an injury. We won two rounds because of JV and our bench.

Comment

Working...
                                X