• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

W NRTH wrote: View Post
    I Agree with Apollo here,
    and being new to this you might think my word is worthless,
    but i think it is Better to Keep DD here for at least one more season,
    this year run was new experience for him we need to see if he learned what needs to be done in Playoffs,
    And if he is not Playoff Player then try to go for some one "Bigger" next year, like KD for example. (long shoot)
    we also need better power forward for next year,
    so JJ, Paterson, Ross, Bebe, would be on the trading block, but only if some one better can be brought in.
    JV and Bis not that old, they need to add new tricks, JV is ready to Start trying for 3' for example...
    Bis too needs to add tricks to his bag, I'm sure he will ...
    Welcome to the board W NRTH. Whether you have 2 posts or 20,002 posts your opinion is greatly valued and worth as much as anyone else.

I'm unsure if you're aware but Biz is a free agent now. He may not be back due to the Raptors' cap situation and the amount of money on the open market this year.

Comment

I think #1 or #2 could work, as long as a new offensive game plan is instituted next season (Casey did change the defensive system this past season, so anything is possible).

I agree with Apollo and others that letting DeRozan walk doesn't make much sense from an asset management perspective, especially since doing so won't clear enough cap space to chase a marquee free agent (ie: a massively upgraded new starting PF).

However, if letting DeRozan walk is part of a bigger plan to land a big prize via free agency (ie: along with trading Ross or Carroll, for example), then I'd be all for #3. With an upgrade at the starting PF spot, I'd be fine letting Ross/Powell fill the SG spot.

I'm not a fan of DeRozan's game, especially if he demands a $25M+ contract, but I'd err on the side of sound asset management for the long-term.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
        If I were Masai I would call Colangelo and say "I want to give you Ross back, you picked him and he was your safe pick, so now I want to make a trade for an unsafe player like Embiid's corpse, its a win -win situation!"
        Wouldn't mind taking a shot at Embiid. If it works out and he is healthy, he will be a good player, but on the other hand, its possible he ends up like Greg Oden.

Comment

6GOD wrote: View Post
          Although I like JV, unfortunately in today's game...you can't build around a center. Especially a center that's not really even that dominate. 2 things I can guarantee; 1) he will never avg a double double and 2) he will never avg 20+ points per game.

Like I said, I like JV...but he can't be the best player on your team if you want a championship.
          I'm assuming you didn't watch the Raptors at all in the Playoffs.

Comment

6GOD wrote: View Post
            You realize the point you just made right? More minutes doesn't mean more production. More shots doesn't mean more point.

Have you considered why he only average around 20 mins per game.
            1) fatigue
            2) foul trouble
            3) lack of trust from the coach
            4) liability on defence

Again...I like JV as a player, but definitely not the face of a franchise.
            Lol. Its obvious why JV doesn't get many minutes or shots. Because Casey built his system around Lowry and DD. Not because Jonas gets tired easily, or because Casey doesn't trust him and he certainly isn't a liablity defensively.

Comment

These aren't the only 3 options though right?

We can sign a player to close to max AND use Bird Rights to sign DeRozan back, correct?
              your pal,
              ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                These aren't the only 3 options though right?

We can sign a player to close to max AND use Bird Rights to sign DeRozan back, correct?
                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Welcome to the board W NRTH. Whether you have 2 posts or 20,002 posts your opinion is greatly valued and worth as much as anyone else.

I'm unsure if you're aware but Biz is a free agent now. He may not be back due to the Raptors' cap situation and the amount of money on the open market this year.
                  MY Assumption is he will stay,
                  And i think he will, even for much less then every one thinks.
                  I'm pretty sure it was discussed last year when he got here!
                  he was getting no where in Charlotte, and do not know if he would have gotten any where with any other team either.
                  with out Massai to back him up, not too many teams / coaches would have taken a chance on him,
                  his bag of tricks is too small, for a huge pay increase even after this year run,
                  he need to develop more and Toronto is the best fit for him to do that,
                  and if his agent is any smart he would keep him here and
                  cash in next time around, with much more solid Career,

Comment

he was getting no where in Charlotte, and do not know if he would have gotten any where with any other team either.
                    with out Massai to back him up, not too many teams / coaches would have taken a chance on him,
                    his bag of tricks is too small, for a huge pay increase even after this year run,
                    Ahh young grasshopper. Next time around is never guaranteed for a player like biz. His value is close to peaking now. Its time for him to cash in.

Comment

NBA contracts are guaranteed and this is his big payday. How much money do you think he's willing to give up for comfort?

Comment

Under 10, or may be just a bit over, but around 10 some where...

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          I think #1 or #2 could work, as long as a new offensive game plan is instituted next season (Casey did change the defensive system this past season, so anything is possible).

I agree with Apollo and others that letting DeRozan walk doesn't make much sense from an asset management perspective, especially since doing so won't clear enough cap space to chase a marquee free agent (ie: a massively upgraded new starting PF).

However, if letting DeRozan walk is part of a bigger plan to land a big prize via free agency (ie: along with trading Ross or Carroll, for example), then I'd be all for #3. With an upgrade at the starting PF spot, I'd be fine letting Ross/Powell fill the SG spot.

I'm not a fan of DeRozan's game, especially if he demands a $25M+ contract, but I'd err on the side of sound asset management for the long-term.
                          Polls like this one are not binary choices. I selected #3 articulated in your 3rd para...like what if on day 1 of f/agency KD committed to sign on with the Raptors? This should not be considered a slight to DD surely. Of course the reality is somewhat dim I would think.

Comment

Under 10, or may be just a bit over, but around 10 some where...
                            So some are saying they think he can get $12M, some are saying more. Let's say it's $12M though. On a four year deal he would lose out on $8M. Couldn't that $8M be invested somehow to make him feel better about his new spot? I mean he could probably hire an elite team of trainer to help him elevate his game in the off season for a lot less than $8M for example.

I just don't see how he refuses the highest bidder. It will be too much money on the line. I hope I'm wrong though.

Comment

If I was Masai I would bring DeMar back on a team friendly contract and sign Pau Gasol to a 1 or 2 year deal on a less than 10M per year deal.

Comment

Great idea. I think they should go after Pau if they have the spare money. Ideally I'd like to see DD sign on the strike of midnight so that Ujiri can hit the ground running.

Comment

Working...
                                X