Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How should Raps roster be constructed to beat CAVS next season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark
    replied
    Let's see what the other teams do as well. There's whispers lebron will leave cleveland, I don't buy it personally but if he did go back to miami that's the new team to beat. Maybe he goes to the west but again I don't put much stock in it, his brand can't take another hit like that. But then maybe love goes to Boston for say smart and 3 firsts including a nets first. Jefferson retired...Irving has had persistent durability issues. Don't forget lebron is the de facto gm of that team. He may he an otherworldly basketball player but he doesn't stand a chance in a gm competition with masai Ujiri, other than recruitment. The point is don't just write off 2017 as some are suggesting. Lots of work to be done the next few months and then lots to happen in re coming season.

When you reach the conference finals, you should have one burning desire of a goal, be it pronounced or unspoken. The nba finals. Otherwise why compete, and as a fan, why watch?

Leave a comment:

• Abbas
    replied
    [QUOTE=TheWaterboy;660552]I like the Memphis trade, though I'm not entirely sure why Memphis does it.

Honestly, I think Memphis does it even if we don't throw in Wright
    So Carter and 17 for Ross and 27
    Draft Bendar with 9 and Valentine with 17

Lowry - Cojo - Wright
    Demar - Powell - Carter
    Carroll - Valentine - Bruno
    Patterson- Bender - Bebe
    Jonas - Bismack

Honestly that team is a ECF lock and who knows Bendar might be something special one day.
    If Durant agrees to here this year, Dont resign Biz and Trade Carroll for a cheap backup Center
    If Durant doesnt come, Resign Biz and Keep Carroll, Try to go Sign him next year or some other Elite SF. If we get a Elite SF next year, Trade Biz and Carroll for cheap good back ups and picks

Leave a comment:

• TheWaterboy
    replied
    Abbas wrote: View Post

To Toronto: Carter, #17
    Trades - Ross, Wright

To Memphis: Ross, Wright, #27

Trades - #17, Carter

Lowry - Cojo - (#17)
    Demar - Powell - Daniels
    Carroll - Carter - Bruno
    (#9) - Patterson - Bebe
    Jonas - Bismack - Vet Min

#9 - Bendar, Chriss, Sabonis, Davis

To Toronto: Love, #2, Bass, Young
    Trades - Jonas, Powell, Carroll, Patterson, Bebe, #9, #27, Clips 2017 Pick, Tor 2017 First

To Cleveland: Carroll, Patterson, #27, Clips 2017 Pick
    Trades - Love, 2017 Second

To Lakers: Jonas, Powell, #9, Tor 2017 First, Cavs 2017 Second
    Trades - #2, Bass, Young

Lowry - Cojo - Wright
    Demar - Henderson
    Ingram - Young - Bruno
    Love - Bass - Vet Min
    Bismack - Vet Min

throw money at Gerald Henderson
    we only do this trade to get Ingram

I hate the three-way trade. Love is relatively useless to us without JV, while Patterson is a major part of our current "window" and any secondary window which will follow, Powell is a major part of our current depth, and Carroll is of significant value to us right now, particularly (when healthy) against the Cavs. Also, Patterson/Carroll to the Cavs in lieu of Love makes them significantly better defensively and keeps them in the title discussion for the next 3 years. I'm not sure Ingram is worth the many downsides to this trade for us, or even whether the LA trades the pick at all.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    I guess the simple answer to the question asked by the OP would be "structure the team to be better than Golden State."

That would be more than just baby steps. But maybe Masai is the NBA equivalent of Doctor Spock.

Leave a comment:

• JawsGT
    replied
    draymond green. Perfect fit for PF. If there was a single player we could add to the current roster that would give us the best chance to beat the cavs, I think it's Green. Of course, it's impossible so there's that. Any other Draymond Green types available?

Leave a comment:

• Abbas
    replied
    To TOR: Gibson + #14 + #17
    Trades - Ross, Wright, #9. #27

To MEM: Wright + Ross + #27 + #48
    Trades - Carter, #17

To CHI: Carter + #9

Trades - Gibson, #14, #48

Lowry - Cojo - (#17)
    Demar - Powell - Daniels
    Carroll - (#14) - Bruno
    Gibson - Patterson - Bebe

To Toronto: Carter, #17
    Trades - Ross, Wright

To Memphis: Ross, Wright, #27

Trades - #17, Carter

Lowry - Cojo - (#17)
    Demar - Powell - Daniels
    Carroll - Carter - Bruno
    (#9) - Patterson - Bebe

#9 - Bendar, Chriss, Sabonis, Davis

To Toronto: Love, #2, Bass, Young
    Trades - Jonas, Powell, Carroll, Patterson, Bebe, #9, #27, Clips 2017 Pick, Tor 2017 First

To Cleveland: Carroll, Patterson, #27, Clips 2017 Pick
    Trades - Love, 2017 Second

To Lakers: Jonas, Powell, #9, Tor 2017 First, Cavs 2017 Second
    Trades - #2, Bass, Young

Lowry - Cojo - Wright
    Demar - Henderson
    Ingram - Young - Bruno
    Love - Bass - Vet Min
    Bismack - Vet Min

throw money at Gerald Henderson
    we only do this trade to get Ingram

Trade Ross for salary relief, sign Horford to a 3yr/70m deal, draft Jaylen Brown with the 9th pick and thon maker with the 27th pick

Lowry - Cojo - Wright
    Demar - Powell
    Carroll - Jaylen Brown - Bruno
    Horford - Patterson - Maker
    Jonas - Bebe - Vet min

I like the 4th option the best
    Get to the ECF again at minimum
    Trade Carroll and Horford after playoffs (2017) for salary cap, picks and a defensive minded PF with a 3pt shoot
    Go after durant in 2017 cuz he'll likely sign a 1+1 this year
    If durant doesnt come, Keep Carroll and Horford for another year and go after Paul George in 2018
    Last edited by Abbas; Mon Jun 20, 2016, 02:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• OldSkoolCool
    replied
    psrs1 wrote: View Post
    Taj Gibson?
    I wouldn't call Taj Gibson a low post threat. We should be looking for a David West/ZBo type imo

Leave a comment:

• Abbas
    replied
    charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    Yessss
    Al Horford ?

Kevin Durant ?

Leave a comment:

• charlesnba23
    replied
    Taj Gibson?
    Yessss

Leave a comment:

• psrs1
    replied
    OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    Looking at how the Cavs are playing against GS, it clearly emphasizes the need for a paint presence, for a couple of reasons:

- When GS's guards go through a rough stretch, the team can't score. Having a low post presence who can score consistently would really help them push through slumps offensively. Post ups aren't incredible productive compared to three point shots or the PnR, but they have a lot of secondary benefits and can be a reliable source for a needed bucket.

- LeBron and Kyrie drive and there is no rim protection. I'm not talking about the lack of an elite shot blocker, but rather there is nobody in the paint that can even just play big....the Cavs just shoot over the 6'7" Draymond.

Basically our roster should be built around low post scoring, PnR, shooting, and being able to attack closeouts.

JV is one guy and can't do it all, so I would say having another dominant low post presence at the PF (instead of a face up guy like Patterson), could be our ticket to the Finals.
    Taj Gibson?

Leave a comment:

• OldSkoolCool
    replied
    Looking at how the Cavs are playing against GS, it clearly emphasizes the need for a paint presence, for a couple of reasons:

- When GS's guards go through a rough stretch, the team can't score. Having a low post presence who can score consistently would really help them push through slumps offensively. Post ups aren't incredible productive compared to three point shots or the PnR, but they have a lot of secondary benefits and can be a reliable source for a needed bucket.

- LeBron and Kyrie drive and there is no rim protection. I'm not talking about the lack of an elite shot blocker, but rather there is nobody in the paint that can even just play big....the Cavs just shoot over the 6'7" Draymond.

Basically our roster should be built around low post scoring, PnR, shooting, and being able to attack closeouts.

JV is one guy and can't do it all, so I would say having another dominant low post presence at the PF (instead of a face up guy like Patterson), could be our ticket to the Finals.

Leave a comment:

• enlightenment
    replied
    What if once Lebron wins a chip for Cleveland, he decides that he now wants to win one in Toronto. How interesting would Lebrons legacy be if he brought Canada an NBA championship??

Dropping championships around like Jonny Appleseed.

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    July 1 is coming quickly . It looks likely that DD will be resigned. Biyombo status is still up in the air. Moving forward what is it going to take to have legitimate shot to beat CAVS next season? Short of signing KD as our starting PF(DanH can advise re cap problems) is there a way we could be built to beat CAVS next season? It looks likely that Kevin Love will be moved in offseason . Much of what happens in the next month will determine if we could be in the conversation or not.
    Sign Lebron James.

Leave a comment:

• ebrian
    replied
    I agree, and I think the Cavs are in a relatively easy position of retooling their roster. I think regardless of if they win this thing or not, Love can be shipped out for a two-way wing player. Despite his struggles, Love is still a very good player that perhaps just doesn't fit with what they demand from him. Would Houston be interested? They seem hell bent on building a team that doesn't defend.

And they should be able to find a vet that will replace (or at least displace and eventually phase out) JR Smith.

Edit: Here's a deal that works.

Houston gets Kevin Love
    Cleveland gets Corey Brewer, Trevor Ariza

Cleveland gets exactly what they want; Houston is losing Howard and get Love. Capella can slide into the starting role and they have a couple of young guys to take over the spots of Ariza and Brewer. Done and done.
    Last edited by ebrian; Fri Jun 17, 2016, 10:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    The Cavs need to ship out Love and replace him by upgrading over Jefferson. They'd be very good with a (healthy) Wes Matthews-type at SF, LeBron at PF, TT at C.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X