Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inthekeon
    replied
    Been waiting to get some intel on Bender workouts, but the Raptors aren't the only tight-lipped org.

1. Simmons
    2. Ingram
    3. Dunn
    4. Chriss
    5. Hield
    6.J. Murray
    7.Bender
    8.Brown
    9.Poeltl
    10 D. Davis

Leave a comment:

• BobLoblaw
    replied
    I think multiple picks will get traded, but.. here's mine.

1. Philly -- Simmons. Best available

2. Lakers -- Ingram. Best available

3. Boston -- Dunn. They could use a point guard, and he looks like he will become a very good one.

4. Phoenix -- Bender. Not seen much of him, but just judging by little bits and numbers, I think he will be very hard to pass. Plus I don't like other highly rated bigs in this draft too much.. I like guards available here, but Phoenix already has a bunch of guards.

5. Minnesota -- Buddy Hield. They need a shooter and I think they will go for experience here. I'd pick Murray here, but i like Hield too.

6. Pelicans -- Canadian Murray. I think he's a great fit and will be a good player.

7. Nuggets -- Marquesse Chriss. I think he's a bust and would be scared to take him, but I think it will be hard for Denver to pass on him. Potentially a very good fit on that roster, next to their 5s. I think ideal players for the Nuggets would be Bender, Murray and Hield, but in this scenario they are taken. Also I think Brown could be a good fit for them, and I would take him over Chriss.

8. Kings -- I have no fucking clue. I think they reach for someone. I would draft Jaylen Brown. Maybe they'll go for Wade Baldwin? I see Sabonis mentioned here, but I think that they think they have starting frontcourt already. Would they still take Sabonis for character, as a backup big? American Murray makes some sense here. Ideally, Canadian Murray or Buddy Hield or Dunn would drop for them.

Well, I'll say this pick is traded and someone drafts Jaylen Brown.

9. Raptors -- American Murray. A high upside project, long term replacement for Lowry possibly. I actually like him more than his teammate Chriss.

10. Bucks -- Deyonta Davis. A tough big to replace the soft big that they want to get rid of (Greg Monroe). I also could see Skal here, for shooting. Ploelllt could be here too. I think Kidd might prefer a tough guy in Davis.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    Celtics trading #3 is gonna be a contest wrecker.
    I think it's going to be hard for Ainge to close on that venn diagram he is looking to nail. Teams that are rebuilding generally don't have the impact player he is looking for in exchange for his draft picks...few teams have a spare impact player they can trade for all the picks he has.

Two teams kinda sorta fit the profile for Danny Boy...
    Cleveland and Clips...and to a degree with only one superstar the Kings
    Think the Bulls believe they can reload quicker with Butler than without.
    Think OKC won't deal until they get Durants decision.

We will find out in 36 hours or so
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Jun 22, 2016, 12:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Celtics trading #3 is gonna be a contest wrecker.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    Its 2 days to the draft.... The misinformation and posturing is nearing its peak… No one is locked into anyone player … Pretty much anyone in the top 10 are saying they would entertain trading the pick for the right offer….We might trade down…..As Mr. Leahy says "You'll need a shit bat to combat the shit storm that’s happening Ricky".

Second stab at a mock draft.. .DS 2.0

At 1. No change
    Philly needs everything. Colangelo takes Simmons. He is PF. In his history he has selected a pantload of PF's. He has had 5 lottery picks and he has selected — Andrea Bargnani (2006 — 1st pick a PF), Shawn Marion (1999 — 9th pick a PF), Amare Stoudemire (2002 — 9th pick a PF), DD (2009 9th pick SG), Ed Davis (2010 -13th pick a PF) ...4 out of 5 were PF's...So odds are he's taking a PF...

At 2. No change
    The Lakers too need a lot of help. They have two guys .. Randle at PF and Russell at PG who are likely to stay.. after that its triage for every other position. BPA at two appears to be the Duke kid so Ingram is going to LA.

At 3.
    Boston.. Ainge has now realized that having a gazillion picks is great till you actually have to make use of them all…If Ainge doesn't or isn’t able to trade the pick the 28th rated 3 PT shooting team will take one of Buddy or Jamal Murray. Yes I know they have a lot of young talented guards. However none of them can shoot the 3. Buddy hit 85 of 100 at one workout and Jamal hit 79 out of 100. Marcus Smart struggles to hit the ocean from the beach so the Celts take Murray as he is younger.

At 4.
    Phoenix. They have a help wanted sign up for PF’s. They worked out both Bender and Chriss this week. They could use a succession plan to back up Knight so Kris Dunn is under consideration. They are OK at the 2 with Bledsoe and Booker. The Suns finally settle on Chriss because he is a bigger model right now

At 5.
    Timberpuppies. Really really young lineup. Got a new coach and GM who is not the biggest of fans of running a daycare. Thibs could trade the pick for help but if they keep it the Pups are kinda set up front. They have a lot of bigs who are young and good led by KAT and Geiori Deng.. A guy named Wiggins is at SF. They too struggle with the 3 ball. So they think about Mr. 85 of 100 or they are now prepared to move on from Rubio. Dunn or Buddy. Kris Dunn lights up at the thought of going to a team that’s up and coming as his name gets called.

At 6.
    The Pelyturds. They suck. The suck out loud everywhere except where they pencil in Anthony Davis to play at PF. At Centre they have no talent. Kenrick Perkins gets minutes fer christ sake. At SF they feature an array of 10 day contract types. At SG they have the perennially hurt or on his way out Eric Gordon. The PG is still manned by Jrue Holiday who they traded for using Noel. So there is no lack of need almost at every other position that the Brow doesn't play. Davis isn't getting younger and if they don't improve quickly then they risk Davis patience running out and having him ask for a trade. They consider both Brown and Poeltl because if your giving Perkins and Anjinca minutes its dire at the 5. So in the first reach of the draft… the Turds fix their horrendous situation in the middle and take the Utah Ute Jacob Poeltl. They can try to fix the SF +PF issue in free agency. The Turds are trying to heal.

At 7
    The Nuggets. They have a lot of centres. Good ones too… all names ending in “ic”. They have a couple of above average PF's in Gallo and Faried. Still they consider Dragan Bender and Domantas Sabonis. They also know that like Boston they suck at shooting 3’s with their only consistent shooter being Gallo. Barton can play the 3 if he has to... so the decision is to take Mr. 85 out of 100.Buddy Ball is going to Mile High.

At 8.
    Are your clown princes of comedy the Excremento Kings. They have an all NBA centre in Demarcus Cousins who was converted to a PF by George Karl. Karl is gone for this curious use of Cousins and rightly so. Cousins moves back to the middle and is backed up by Kofous and Cauley-Stien. They are still OK at SF with Rudy Gay who still has some time to run on his deal and McLemore can play there before he too breaks out of Stalag 13. They could use some help at PG as well. A lot of help actually. If Rondo leaves which is a distinct possibility then all they have at PG is Curry. Unfortunately its Seth Curry. So its a hole. A very big hole. The Kings really don’t have a true 4 as Cauley-Stien (another curious pick) is better suited at the 5. Ah the Kings. They have a few names to choose from. At PG the could take the kid from Vandy Baldwin or the G from Washington Dejounte Murray. At the PF they have looked at Bender and Sabonis. Staying true to their laugh a minute rep they have built… as Vlade is walking the pick up Vivek Ranadive rushes up to the podium and in true Kings fashion they take Skal Labissiere to man the 4 instead of taking the PG they so deparately need.

At 9
    Your Toronto Raptors... who with the 9th pick can stop the slide of either Dragan Bender or Jaylen Brown. It remains to be seen what they could get for that pick and a trade is possible. The pick comes up at the 14th minute and its Drayyyyyygan Bender. So like the Clash tune… “Does he stay or does he go now ? “ rings through all Raps fans heads. Either way it’s going to work out.

At 10.
    The Bucks. The Bucks need a PG in the worst possible way. The worst. Brown is on the board but they have Middleton and the Greek Kid on the wing. So the Bucks take a Jason Kidd clone in Wade Baldwin. Maybe if someone can actually get the ball to Monroe inside and use Parker on the PnR the Bucks will start to fulfill their promise. It starts with Baldwin. On a side note Micheal Carter-Williams is traded to the Kings for the Bucks 2nd round pick. Ah the Kings.

DS 1.0 goes like this

Philly - Simmons
    Lakers - Bender
    Celtics - Buddy
    Suns - Dunn
    Minny - Murray
    Nawlins - Brown
    Nuggets - Chriss
    Kings -Dejounte Murray
    Raps - Bender
    Bucks - Poeltl
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Jun 21, 2016, 05:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    Ok i'll play:

1. Sixers - Ben Simmons
    2. Lakers - Brandon Ingram
    3. Celtics - J. Murray
    4. Suns - Chriss
    5. Timberwolves - Dunn
    6. Pelicans - Buddy Hield
    7. Nuggets - Jaylen Brown
    8. Kings - D. Murray
    9. Raptors - Dragan Bender
    10. Bucks - Poetl

if Bender doesn't fall to 9 i'd be more than on board with taking Sabonis or Skal or Korkmaz there.
    Wildcard pick - Malachi Richardson

Leave a comment:

• lewro
    replied
    ceez wrote: View Post
    1. Sixers - Simmons
    2. Lakers - Ingram
    3. Celtics - Brown
    4. Suns - Chriss
    5. TWolves - Bender
    6. Pelicans - Murray
    7. Nugs - Hield
    8. Kings - Murray (Dejounte)
    9. Raps - Davis
    10. Bucks - Skal
    Dunn falls out of top 10 again?

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    1. Sixers - Simmons
    Colangelo's are looking for a star, position be damned. Simmons might have the best chance.

2. Lakers - Ingram. LA is thrilled with this.

3. Celtics - Bender. Boston most wants a star or top trade asset; either way they are picking for the highest ceiling possible. They debate Chriss here and will shop both the player and the pick.

4. Suns - Chriss. Another high ceiling rationale for a team that needs talent.

5. Wolves - Dunn. A John Wall type PG gives Thibs a big defender at the point and the team a young stud PG to add to LaVine, Wiggins, KAT, Dieng lineup of youngsters.

6. Pelicans - Murray. Pelicans need guards and Murray's combo skills will fit next to Jrue Holiday in the back court.

7. Nuggets - Brown. BPA

8. Kings - Baldwin. First shock of the draft, Kings want a PG and reach a bit to get one. Consider Hield but are weary of drafting another one trick shooter this high after McLemore and Stauskas picks in recent years.

9. Raptors - Davis. Hield is the one who drops but the Raptors pass to go for a player who has a high ceiling and great defensive potential.

10. Bucks - Hield doesn't drop past Milwaukee who have enough long defenders to take a chance on the undersized shooter to boost their offence.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    1. Sixers - Simmons
    2. Lakers - Ingram
    3. Celtics - Brown
    4. Suns - Chriss
    5. TWolves - Bender
    6. Pelicans - Murray
    7. Nugs - Hield
    8. Kings - Murray (Dejounte)
    9. Raps - Davis