Raptors 2009-10 Final Win Shares & WS/48

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors 2009-10 Final Win Shares & WS/48

Top Raptors players sorted by Win Shares per 48 minutes only those players with a WS/48 above .100 which is considered the league average.

Player------------Win Shares---WS/48
    =================================
    Chris Bosh--------9.6-----------0.182
    Amir Johnson---- 4.5-----------0.150
    Jose Calderon--- 4.2-----------0.111
    Jarrett Jack------4.8-----------0.102

For the complete list of all Raptors players Win Share information for 2009-10 plus a definition of Win Shares see link.

Note: Win Shares is a basketball sabermetrics computation and reflects a player's contribution to winning based upon their offense, defense and their impact on their teammates. It is probably the most complete and accurate assessment of a player's true on court value toward a team's winning.

http://nba-25-15.blogspot.com/2010/0...s-and-win.html
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Sun Apr 18, 2010, 08:20 PM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

More evidence that Calderon is more valuable than many Raptor fans seem to believe.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Win shares is an ok stat, but doesn't capture defense. With that said, I think I've made it pretty clear that I Jose and Jack are both very good backups/borderline starter level guards. Also, I do think Amir has outplayed Bargs for most of the season.

Comment

Ripp wrote: View Post
        Win shares is an ok stat, but doesn't capture defense. With that said, I think I've made it pretty clear that I Jose and Jack are both very good backups/borderline starter level guards. Also, I do think Amir has outplayed Bargs for most of the season.
        I beg to differ.

Crediting Defensive Win Shares to Players
        A. 1973-74 to present NBA

Crediting Defensive Win Shares to players is based on Dean Oliver's Defensive Rating. Defensive Rating is an estimate of the player's points allowed per 100 defensive possessions (please see Oliver's book for further details). Here is a description of the process (once again using LeBron James in 2008-09 as an example):

cont on link
        http://www.basketball-reference.com/about/ws.html

Look at the Win Share numbers

OWS + DWS = WS

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...childjo01.html

In my opinion WS/48 is the most accurate numerical reflection of a player's real on court contribution to their team winning.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Working...
        X