Draft Night - Who is Most Likely to Fall out of the Top 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft Night - Who is Most Likely to Fall out of the Top 8

Not sure why there is still a residual conspiracy / inferiorty complex out there but it still seems to be hanging in the air over the draft. We have the 9th pick and the feeling is that there are only 8 players in this draft...

So... to kill a little more time between now and Thursday night.... Of the anointed eight... which one is most likely to fall out ? Not the guy you want to fall out.. but the guy who is most likely to fall....

Poll will stay open till Thursday....

Have at it..
    Dragan Bender
    20.00%
    Buddy Hield
    26.67%
    Jaylen Brown
    33.33%
    Marques Chriss
    13.33%
    Kris Dunn
    6.67%
    Jamal Murray
    0.00%
    Brandon Ingram
    0.00%
    Ben Simmons
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

I really want Murray (sure) to fall, or Bender (which I think could actually happen) or Chriss (could also happen).

But the most likely by far are Brown and Hield. I'm not a huge fan of Hield but if Brown falls I think you take him no questions asked.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Went Dragon Bender. Also considered going with Chriss (willful thinking).

I think his buy out cost and relative unknown factor could push him out of the top 8.
      Last edited by Just Is; Mon Jun 20, 2016, 11:59 AM.
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Bender or Brown, probably
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I suspect Bender.. but the interesting thing will be to see if Masai passes on the guy that drops from the top 8 as well.. kind of like what he did with Portis last year.

Comment

Agree with Dan on a number of points. One other thing to mention is for anyone to fall out of the top 8, someone has to climb in and I'm not hearing of anyone wowing enough to do so.

Brown seemed to be the guy who should fall - his college numbers did not say lottery pick, even if his upside did. But I've heard of great workouts and interviews, which combined with his athleticism and close to NBA ready D could/should/would make teams leery of passing on him.

Hield is the one guy who may fall. He seems to be a one trick pony, although that one trick was damn impressive his senior season. With nothing else besides shooting being above average (or even average for a top 8?), if teams start thinking they may be drafting a bust anyway, why not grab someone with a higher ceiling than a senior with limited upside.

Lastly, I'm assuming Benders workouts, which just started, aren't going to destroy his stock.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
              Agree with Dan on a number of points. One other thing to mention is for anyone to fall out of the top 8, someone has to climb in and I'm not hearing of anyone wowing enough to do so.

Brown seemed to be the guy who should fall - his college numbers did not say lottery pick, even if his upside did. But I've heard of great workouts and interviews, which combined with his athleticism and close to NBA ready D could/should/would make teams leery of passing on him.

Hield is the one guy who may fall. He seems to be a one trick pony, although that one trick was damn impressive his senior season. With nothing else besides shooting being above average (or even average for a top 8?), if teams start thinking they may be drafting a bust anyway, why not grab someone with a higher ceiling than a senior with limited upside.

Lastly, I'm assuming Benders workouts, which just started, aren't going to destroy his stock.
              One or possibly two of these guys are going to fall.... For fun I put up another poll on who takes their place....
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

If anybody falls, I think it has to be Buddy. All of the other top 8 are projects to some extent, so teams drafting them are drafting more on upside. But Buddy's a senior, so his perceived upside is much lower.

Comment

Hield a 1 trick pony? what?
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Hopefully Simmons

Comment

Honestly, I'm halfway expecting those are still the top 8 guys, just that the order ends up weird.
                      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Bender but I doubt it. Just don't see a team in the top 8 reaching for someone.

Comment

Hield is most likely to fall IMO. Seniors just tend to get bumped for freshmen/sophomores as teams fall in love with upside once they start working guys out. While I don't think he's a one-trick pony, I do think he has less to offer than the other guards Dunn and Murray.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                            Hield a 1 trick pony? what?
                            Other than elite shooting, where else is he a above average?
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Hield is a classic low ceiling/low floor guy. I think he goes in the top 8, and whoever gets him is very, very happy with him.

Pretty much guaranteed to be a solid pro at the minimum.
                              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Working...
                              X