Draft Night - Who is Most Likely to Fall out of the Top 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    One or possibly two of these guys are going to fall.... For fun I put up another poll on who takes their place....
    The poll above should have had a none of the above falling out - that's what I think is most likely.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

I'm not sold that this somewhat consensus mock draft top eight players is truly each teams top eight. I think you'll see atleast one surprise.

Comment

Bender
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
          Other than elite shooting, where else is he a above average?
          he's a great scorer in general. dude is nasty in transition. really high motor and iq. i'm not really sure why the board is so low on him.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
            Hield is a classic low ceiling/low floor guy. I think he goes in the top 8, and whoever gets him is very, very happy with him.

Pretty much guaranteed to be a solid pro at the minimum.
            what? his ceiling is very high.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
              Agree with Dan on a number of points. One other thing to mention is for anyone to fall out of the top 8, someone has to climb in and I'm not hearing of anyone wowing enough to do so.

Brown seemed to be the guy who should fall - his college numbers did not say lottery pick, even if his upside did. But I've heard of great workouts and interviews, which combined with his athleticism and close to NBA ready D could/should/would make teams leery of passing on him.

Hield is the one guy who may fall. He seems to be a one trick pony, although that one trick was damn impressive his senior season. With nothing else besides shooting being above average (or even average for a top 8?), if teams start thinking they may be drafting a bust anyway, why not grab someone with a higher ceiling than a senior with limited upside.

Lastly, I'm assuming Benders workouts, which just started, aren't going to destroy his stock.
              One or possibly two of these guys are going to fall.... For fun I put up another poll on who takes their place....
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

The guy who I think sits looking at his cell phone every four to five seconds as he squirms incredibly nervously in the green room as the commish calls out names other than his is..... an RR fan favourite.... Jaylen Brown....It was a coin flip between him and Chriss.

I have seen Brown exactly once in a game situation... the first rounder in the NCAA tourney... and he was an empty suit...
                There are those who watch games.. watch the self promotional videos about the draftee's who talk about his lack of a shot... but for me ... I am basing this seat of the pants pick on the following assumption. That when the lights go on and you leave the room to hit the floor and the team needs you as the other go to guy (Rabb) is hurt and you lay an ostrich sized egg that a reg flag... a big effing flag.....I get bad games.. but Brown was a no show.

Question is... do the Raps take him if he tumbles ...
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

The guy who I think sits looking at his cell phone every four to five seconds as he squirms incredibly nervously in the green room as the commish calls out names other than his is..... an RR fan favourite.... Jaylen Brown....It was a coin flip between him and Chriss.

I have seen Brown exactly once in a game situation... the first rounder in the NCAA tourney... and he was an empty suit...
                  There are those who watch games.. watch the self promotional videos about the draftee's who talk about his lack of a shot... but for me ... I am basing this seat of the pants pick on the following assumption. That when the lights go on and you leave the room to hit the floor and the team needs you as the other go to guy (Rabb) is hurt and you lay an ostrich sized egg that a reg flag... a big effing flag.....I get bad games.. but Brown was a no show.

Probably should if Masai doesn't trade the pick. I think it's very likely we trade the pick. If we don't and no one drops Masai will probably take Skal. To me, three guys have the potential to fall. Brown, Bender and Hield. Teams might be scared of drafting a guy like Murray who really struggled on defence, but I just can't really see Murray falling past Sacramento. They love their Kentucky guys and need a guard. I think the likelihood of having one of Chriss, brown or bender available is pretty high. Another guy who could possibly drop if teams are scared of his injury history and being a no show for workouts would be Dunn. If someone goes back on their promise to draft him, he could fall to the early teens.

Comment

They don't need him. There are arguably guys with as much upside as him sitting there at #9 and so I don't think so. I don't think he's there at 9 though. Teams with high lotto picks just love rolling the dice on guys who are big, explosive and flash signs of something special. He's apparently having great workouts as well. He could go as early as 3rd.

Comment

i'd take brown at 9 in a heartbeat

reminds me of paul george coming out of school. george was a slightly better shooter but i like the comp. both had issues with turning the ball over, both made their meal off of slashing and attacking the rim, both had freakish athleticism. both super young. you're betting on their potential and that they can and will get better at their respective flaws (Brown's shooting - decision making on offense, George's character - turnovers) which i'd be totally fine with when you consider how intelligent and hard working brown is.

i've said it before and i'll say it again, to me he's a rich man's derozen. better size, potential on defense. let him sit behind carroll for a year or so and develop into a high quality small forward.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Kris Dunn

Apparently he's refused to release medical reports to teams. That has to be a major red flag.

Comment

I think Brown might fall and I'd take him immediately.

Heild is also really overrated
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                            Kris Dunn

Apparently he's refused to release medical reports to teams. That has to be a major red flag.
                            He's refused to release medical reports to teams with an established point guard. Those are the only teams.
                            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post
                              He's refused to release medical reports to teams with an established point guard. Those are the only teams.
                              So what teams did he release it to?

Comment

I think the two shooters (Murray and Hield) slip a bit, but neither get to 9. Hield is the one that could. Honestly though, not in love with many of the guys 2-14. Like the value after the lotto, but there aren't many guys with something special in the lotto to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X