Everything Jakob Poeltl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maury wrote: View Post
    Watch the beginning of the season and then watch the playoffs. He is a good player, but a very flawed one at that. I'm excited to see him make improvements for next year.
    I saw a player that was in thier 7th regular season and thier 3rd playoffs. I saw a player get out of the 1st round for the first time. I saw player gain much needed experience that will make him an even better player.

Playoffs and regular season are two different animals. DD has mattered the regular season. He just need to do the same with the playoffs. That comes with playoff experience.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
      Your last two posts made the argument that:

1) DeMar isn't a natural passer.

2) DeMar can score, pass and rebound.

Which one is it?
      Just because he's not a natural passer it means he can't pass? I really dont have to pick one. He can be both.
      Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Wed Jul 20, 2016, 11:19 PM.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I like what I saw from Yak in summer league. His defense was as advertise. That's good cause that's the only way he is getting on the court this year. Bebe/Yak battle is going to be fun to follow during trainning camp.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          I saw a player that was in thier 7th regular season and thier 3rd playoffs. I saw a player get out of the 1st round for the first time. I saw player gain much needed experience that will make him an even better player.

Playoffs and regular season are two different animals. DD has mattered the regular season. He just need to do the same with the playoffs. That comes with playoff experience.
          Not really sure what you're trying to say here. Whether he needs to get used to the playoffs or not, he knows he wasn't distributing the ball like he should have been.

Comment

Not really sure what you're trying to say here. Whether he needs to get used to the playoffs or not, he knows he wasn't distributing the ball like he should have been.
            Wasnt all on him. I saw a lot of players miss open shots that he created. Your right he does need to be better but, I have no doubt that he won't be better.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I'm thinking sully is getting most of the minutes at backup centre with a three big rotation of sully JV and 2pat. Too bad that yak won't get that many minutes but we have better options.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                Your last two posts made the argument that:

1) DeMar isn't a natural passer.

2) DeMar can score, pass and rebound.

Which one is it?
                Whichever one covers up DeMar's glaring weaknesses better. He's going to cape for and explain away any and all negative criticism directed at DeMar no matter what proofs or facts you put in front of him. We all saw the DeMar that almost single-handedly chucked the Raptors out of the playoffs in the first and second rounds-- the same DeMar that eschewed ball-movement, play-making, and making the right decisions. Pretending that we didn't see it is a joke.

Comment

• Yak may be getting irritated at the migration of another player'should debates into his thread - don't make the big man angry!

Comment

The reality is that JV and other Raps carried DD & Lowry out of the first round. The jury's still out on both of them as reliable playoff performers.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                      Yak may be getting irritated at the migration of another player's debates into his thread - don't make the big man angry!
                      Damn autocorrect

Comment

• Y'all have probably seen this, but kudos to Raptors Republic for some seriously great scout-reporting here: http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2016/...deo-breakdown/

Comment

I'm thinking sully is getting most of the minutes at backup centre with a three big rotation of sully JV and 2pat. Too bad that yak won't get that many minutes but we have better options.
                          you do not think these 3 can manage those type of minutes/ would be an average of 32 though DC will see some minutes at the four to lessen the load.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                            The reality is that JV and other Raps carried DD & Lowry out of the first round. The jury's still out on both of them as reliable playoff performers.
                            Who carried the Raptors during the Eastern Conference Finals? What about once JV got hurt?
                            Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Thu Jul 21, 2016, 09:33 AM.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Who carried the Raptors during the Eastern Conference Finals? What about once JV got hurt?
                              They pretty much got thrashed. Sure they won 2 games but the cavs didn't show up in Toronto until game 6.

Comment

They pretty much got thrashed. Sure they won 2 games but the cavs didn't show up in Toronto until game 6.
                                Pretty much. I can't shake the feeling that it was more about the Cavs losing interest in Games 3 and 4 than the Raptors solving the problems they had. They rolled over in games 5 and 6 too.

Comment

Working...
                                X