X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see a lot of Serge Ibaka in him.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I hope we see a lot of Pascal in the pre-season games. It was extremely disappointing when he got hurt in the SL after what, two games? I am quite high on him and wonder if he can live up to my expectations. A high energy guy with speed, length, hops, a decent shot and some ability to put the ball on the floor that can play the three and small ball four is exactly what the Raptors need coming off the bench. I'm hoping he can turn into something in the next couple of years.

Comment

• Pascal has the potential to be a perfect fit with Lowry and DD. Kind of like Bismack with a developing mid-range game. Hopefully, he's a fast learner of the schemes and gains the trust of Casey, defensively. His energy and finishing are skills that should translate immediately to the NBA game.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          I see a lot of Serge Ibaka in him.
          What this guys said.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            What this guys said.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
            Uh oh, now not only does chris1an have somebody agreeing with him..it's chris1an agreeing with himself. This is not a good development guys.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• aka Bismack Johnson or Amir Biyombo.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                I hope we see a lot of Pascal in the pre-season games. It was extremely disappointing when he got hurt in the SL after what, two games? I am quite high on him and wonder if he can live up to my expectations. A high energy guy with speed, length, hops, a decent shot and some ability to put the ball on the floor that can play the three and small ball four is exactly what the Raptors need coming off the bench. I'm hoping he can turn into something in the next couple of years.
                Not sure I see him playing any of the 3 spot ever in the NBA, and at 6'9" plus and 230 lbs he is not undersized at the 4, in fact he is taller and has a better wing span than Patterson. Gaining a little more muscle mass in the lower body would go a long way in helping him see some minutes this year.
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                  Not sure I see him playing any of the 3 spot ever in the NBA, and at 6'9" plus and 230 lbs he is not undersized at the 4, in fact he is taller and has a better wing span than Patterson. Gaining a little more muscle mass in the lower body would go a long way in helping him see some minutes this year.
                  I joked with saying Bismack Johnson but physically and style wise he is like a hybrid of the two.

He's as tall as Biz (Amir measured in at 6'9 as well but is reported to be a legit 6'10 since he came in as a highschooler) and he doesn't have Biz and Bruno's freakish wingspan of 7'7 but Amir's is 7'1 and Siakam's is 7'3. He doesn't have the ballhandling or creativity to ever be a 3, although he may have the footspeed to guard them.

From every video I've seen of Pascal, his game mirrors those two in one player. The shotblocking and energy like Biz and the hustle, rebounding and mid-range (expanding to summer 3) like Amir. IF he can play to that level as #27 pick in a so so draft then he was a great pick. Being that not a lot of his game is based on skill but more energy and hustle I think he at least has some solid odds of playing a similar role like those 2. I wouldn't expect much more than that other than he'll run the court more on fastbreaks with NormGod.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                    I joked with saying Bismack Johnson but physically and style wise he is like a hybrid of the two.

He's as tall as Biz (Amir measured in at 6'9 as well but is reported to be a legit 6'10 since he came in as a highschooler) and he doesn't have Biz and Bruno's freakish wingspan of 7'7 but Amir's is 7'1 and Siakam's is 7'3. He doesn't have the ballhandling or creativity to ever be a 3, although he may have the footspeed to guard them.

From every video I've seen of Pascal, his game mirrors those two in one player. The shotblocking and energy like Biz and the hustle, rebounding and mid-range (expanding to summer 3) like Amir. IF he can play to that level as #27 pick in a so so draft then he was a great pick. Being that not a lot of his game is based on skill but more energy and hustle I think he at least has some solid odds of playing a similar role like those 2. I wouldn't expect much more than that other than he'll run the court more on fastbreaks with NormGod.
                    This seems like a very realistic picture of what would be a best case scenario. I am cautiously optimistic about this pick. we have have another late round steal like Powell....and that to me is how some good teams become VERY good teams. See the Spurs for reference.
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• My favorite thing about Siakam so far is his speed. The dude looks like a guard sprinting up the floor. High energy dude with speed, he'll be looking to get out in transition any chance he gets.

A big criticism of the raps was that they were slow in transition, but when you're starting JV and Scola, it's not exactly the best recipe to run.
                      Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                      Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                        My favorite thing about Siakam so far is his speed. The dude looks like a guard sprinting up the floor. High energy dude with speed, he'll be looking to get out in transition any chance he gets.

A big criticism of the raps was that they were slow in transition, but when you're starting JV and Scola, it's not exactly the best recipe to run.
                        I would counterargue that we aren't a great running team because of our offensive strategy. We do not move the ball well in general, and we do not move the ball up the floor with passes. Once the ball is in the hands of our point, we either run it up through them or take it up more slowly. In either case transition opportunities are going to be limited because you won't beat the D down the court more often than not.

I mean, you hear Casey yelling "go! go! go!" all the time on the sidelines, but again, that often leads to the ballhandler running it up and maybe forcing a drive, or making a drive and kick play. If you want to score in transition, you need a few plays a game that look like a weave drill where guys are flat out getting behind the D and getting quick passes. Easy transition buckets often have little to do with how fast your guys run, especially your bigs, but rather how quickly they read/react to the action on the court (wings have to know to leak out and bigs/PGs need to see passes upcourt quickly). If anything is on the bigs, it's not their foot speed, it's how quick they get out outlet passes...but again, with our "only the PGs handle the ball" strategy (it's rare a non-PG brings it up, and when they do, as soon as they're over the halfcourt they often wait for the PG to present themselves to run a play), we shoot ourselves in the foot. And we don't have the best passers/creative players handling the ball on top of it all.

I'm firmly ok with us not running too much. Our personnel is better this year for it in terms of athleticism, but I'm not expecting quick passes up the court, nor do I think we can consistently pull that off. Ideally, with upped athleticism, the extra transition opportunities come from better transition D where often you can get a clear path or easy 2-on-1 because you steal it close to halfcourt...it makes the plays simpler rather than running off rebounds or TOs deep in the defensive zone. Our transition D was not pretty, and I'd even say it's because when we tried to play fast, we lacked the strategy and playmakers to make good decisions in transition offensively and it would lead to bad D.
                        Last edited by white men can't jump; Sun Sep 25, 2016, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X