Do we still have trust in Masai?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    This whole discussion becomes moot if Patterson steps up as a starting PF and hits his open shots consistently, like we all know he is capable of. That's the perfect fit right there.
    Well, we still need to address forward depth, but it certainly becomes a much easier conversation. And I have full confidence in Patterson, he would have been playing 28 MPG at PF no matter what, unless we got a Millsap level upgrade.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      This is a good point. The display board would either be determined by the team drafting him or by his agent, in all likelihood. So either the Raps think he's a PF or he does.
      It seems far more believable that they use a database with all that info, built long before the draft night. Rather than type in such info during the last couple minutes after the Raptors and other teams submit each pick. There would be little sense in doing that.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
        It seems far more believable that they use a database with all that info, built long before the draft night. Rather than type in such info during the last couple minutes after the Raptors and other teams submit each pick. There would be little sense in doing that.
        I didn't say it was done on draft night. But where would they get the info for the database? Probably by asking teams how they wanted their picks displayed, or by asking players/agents how they wanted to be displayed.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I didn't say it was done on draft night. But where would they get the info for the database? Probably by asking teams how they wanted their picks displayed, or by asking players/agents how they wanted to be displayed.
          Agents/players makes sense, can't imagine a team revealing their hand by making such a request for a specific player.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
            Agents/players makes sense, can't imagine a team revealing their hand by making such a request for a specific player.
            I was thinking more along the lines of the NBA getting the top 100 ranked players or so filled out for position by each team. But you are right, it is almost certainly feedback from the player/agent in which case Poeltl believes himself a PF.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

It could be compiled based on the papers players / agents submit when they enter the draft, or some other way.

We probably shouldn't read too much into it. It seems unlikely that he's listed as a PF because the Raptors said so.

How would that work? It makes no sense to do it after the pick, it makes no sense for the Raptors to tell that to the NBA before the draft either. There's no need. The NBA or fans don't really need to know on draft night if the Raptors are going to develop some guy as a center or a PF.

Comment

• I'd lean towards the agent being the one who chooses or at least suggests/recommends it. And if a player has a choice then no one is going to label themselves as strictly a center in this current phase of the NBA.
                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                  It could be compiled based on the papers players / agents submit when they enter the draft, or some other way.

We probably shouldn't read too much into it. It seems unlikely that he's listed as a PF because the Raptors said so.

How would that work? It makes no sense to do it after the pick, it makes no sense for the Raptors to tell that to the NBA before the draft either. There's no need. The NBA or fans don't really need to know on draft night if the Raptors are going to develop some guy as a center or a PF.
                  Well, we know the Raps see him as being a potential PF since Casey said they were going to try him there. I'm not concerned on that end.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• That said, it's probably meaningless. I see him as a PF/C because of his game, not because of anything else.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                      He was also listed as a power forward when drafted at MSG. That was likely the Raptors' doing and speaks quite loudly of their intentions.
                      Wow. That is telling. My skepticism has officially been replaced by (informed) optimism.

Comment

That said, it's probably meaningless. I see him as a PF/C because of his game, not because of anything else.
                        IMO, player position isn't defined by offense, but by who you can defend and PF is becoming one of the most demanding and versatile positions in the NBA. Does Poeltl really project as a plus defender for the full range of strong/post-up PFs to quick stretch PFs in the NBA? Can't really see JP guarding Lebron, PG13, Draymond or even a Joe Johnson/Luol Deng type at PF.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                          IMO, player position isn't defined by offense, but by who you can defend and PF is becoming one of the most demanding and versatile positions in the NBA. Does Poeltl really project as a plus defender for the full range of strong/post-up PFs to quick stretch PFs in the NBA? Can't really see JP guarding Lebron, PG13, Draymond or even a Joe Johnson/Luol Deng type at PF.
                          So, the 5 or 6 teams in the league that run out a SF at PF? Sure, but we have Carroll for them. Even LBJ doesn't start there full time. That's not an everyday starter problem. And yeah, I think Poeltl would be fine defending a Joe Johnson/Deng type, he was tremendous on switches in college.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• We need a starting Caliber PF for this team if we are serious about competing in an improved East this year. Thinking a 7'1" Rookie can fill that gap is simply a wishful thinking.

Comment

• Andey blatche scored 21 against the french national team.Wonder if he is being scouted.Our boy Nando scored 28 6reb 3 st.Last years MVP.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                                We need a starting Caliber PF for this team if we are serious about competing in an improved East this year. Thinking a 7'1" Rookie can fill that gap is simply a wishful thinking.
                                Patterson is a starting quality PF. Looking for a 7'1 rookie to play backup minutes (which would be partially filled by vets like Carroll and JJ) isn't much of a stretch.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X