Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barolt wrote: View Post
    http://nyloncalculus.com/2016/06/09/...aft-prospects/

On scoring by position, 3rd among Centers, ~6th among all prospects. On model ratings by position 3rd among centers, ~6th among all prospects.

Yeah, Davis and Stone were ahead of him for centers. Davis clearly had some issues that caused his drop though.
    Are you joking me???
    You're gonna hang your hat on that site? Ya maybe we should've just drafted AJ Hammons 9th overall then.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
      Haha that's a good point and probably a big reason I was hoping for a big splash with this pick. The lead up to this draft was more exciting than the pick, but that's our own fault
      This basically describes every draft and trade deadline of the last few years

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
        Are you joking me???
        You're gonna hang your hat on that site? Ya maybe we should've just drafted AJ Hammons 9th overall then.
        You use advanced stat projections in combination with other sources of information to get the best use of them.

It's a projection system based on certain parameters. No one is claiming it's a fortune telling machine.
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

You use advanced stat projections in combination with other sources of information to get the best use of them.

It's a projection system based on certain parameters. No one is claiming it's a fortune telling machine.
          So it only works to prove your argument, not disprove it.

Got it, thanks.

Comment

So it only works to prove your argument, not disprove it.

Got it, thanks.
            No, it works to answer a question. The question was, McRealistic wanted to know what advanced stats projections would've had Poeltl close to the top 5. The answer was the links I posted, to start with.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
              You'd think this draft would have taught us all that we don't know shit.

(except ting those that love Jakob of course)
              I think what the actual draft demonstrates, yet again, is: (a) a lot of the "experts" and prognosticators are not very good at evaluating talent and players; (b) teams are not always interested in the best player in the here and now and are thinking about long term cap and team building reasons beyond immediate, short term considerations; and (c) the underlying assumption in that teams are using the same considerations to take players or expect/want/need the same results from picks is false.

Comment

No, it works to answer a question. The question was, McRealistic wanted to know what advanced stats projections would've had Poeltl close to the top 5. The answer was the links I posted, to start with.
                Shit with those kind back pedaling skills we gotta get you on an NFL roster.

All the advanced stats and metrics guys I follow and listen to love Poeltl. A lot of them had him closer to their top 5 in this draft.
                Goes on to list one flimsy source that barely shows him as an actual top 5 candidate in one category then gets defensive...

Comment

Shit with those kind back pedaling skills we gotta get you on an NFL roster.

Goes on to list one flimsy source that barely shows him as an actual top 5 candidate in one category then gets defensive...
                  The words you're bolding are important. "Closer to their top 5" is what I said.

Comment

CT2010 wrote: View Post
                    Ya, he kicks people in the groin and for some strange reason doesn't get suspended. What an improvement.
                    And then whacks Lebron in the nuts, gets suspended. May have been as big a factor as any in costing GS the Championship.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                      You also said "a lot" so you might want to provide more than one source or change your original statement.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                        I don't know what's worse, the number of times you've posted to pat yourself on the back or the fact that you can't even wait for the player to accomplish a single thing.
                        I know, it's tough being right.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                          and who is THEY???
                          where are these sources of information? Even the thing you pointed to didn't really show that.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                            You also said "a lot" so you might want to provide more than one source or change your original statement.
                            Kevin Pelton(ESPN Insider) had Poeltl ranked 5th behind Simmons, Bender, Ingram and Murray. Sorry, I don't have links on hand for every article I've read or tweet I've seen, but there have been a few.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                              i don't. he was drafting because of body type. did well in australia, got injured, got healthy, got injured, injured, re-injured. i just don't think we need to include him in any type of planning.
                              Daniels was drafted because he was felt to be the best prospect who was also OK with not being offered a contract at the time. We have no way of knowing who else available was also willing to do that, I guess other than any 2nd rounder drafted after him who also went that route.
                              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                                I know, it's tough being right.
                                I predicted Delon Wright at 20 a month before last year's draft and haven't posted a 10th of the celebratory posts as you. No one is impressed Barry Horowitz.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X