Do we still have trust in Masai?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axel wrote: View Post
    A mistake would be passing on a player that develops to be exactly what we needed - either a starting PF or more shooting on the wing. Poeltl has questionable opportunity here if he's a pure C, so he might never start here no matter what because JV is still the superior player and prospect.

Many posters here are quite aggressive towards anyone who casts doubt onto Masai. I just think it's important to remember that he can still make mistakes and have our trust. No GM is perfect.
    Some quick thoughts:
    • This team is trying to figure out how to get to the Finals right now. Whoever they draft there might take years if ever to fill a need that may not even be there then considering how fast this league moves.
    • If they keep the kid he's probably going to be useful. He may even be able to play PF. I mean it's funny how Bender, a guy who's hardly even played minutes at any position in a far off land, can be recognized as a PF and celebrated for going #4 but Poeltl is a write off for PF solely because of his college role.
    • I was on team Sabonis, I wanted him to be drafted. I think if they took him I think we would be right here today having a similar conversation though because someone(s), somewhere(America, fuck yeah) would not like what Team Canada did. We would be taking that nonsense as reality and forgetting all the hype Poeltl was getting in this thread on the lead up. All the good signs and the fact that Ujiri was aggressively trying to find a deal and may still be looking for a deal.

Anyway, it's my belief that when someone achieves the things Ujiri has so far then he deserves some slack. I also believe we're not scouting experts and so there's a chance we could be wrong. I also believe that we have no sources internally and so we don't know what they're planning. These three things together led me to the conclusion that maybe it's jumping the gun to jump all over a guy for not agreeing with me last night.
    Last edited by Apollo; Fri Jun 24, 2016, 09:18 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Bullshit. It's called having an opinion. You can still trust the man without agreeing with 100% of his decisions.
      I meant question the trust, not question the decision. You can question his decisions, but if you trust someone you have to trust them even when you disagree with them. That's the basis of trust.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

I'll give the fucker free agency but if he doesn't do shit, ill jump on the I don't trust Masai train, how do you not take Davis at 27th ?? that's a lottery pick he does what Pascal does and is a better shot blocker. i was pissed when he didn't trade for a 4 at the deadline because "We didnt want trade away our future" and here we are with Poeltl and Pascal.

I don't mind Poeltl either but defensively ? hes not that guy. IDK ill give him until after free agency like i said, but this has been building since the deadline for me.

Comment

Do we still have trust in Masai ??

Yes.
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            Some quickly thoughts:
            • If they keep the kid he's probably going to be useful. He may even be able to play PF. I mean it's funny how Bender, a guy who's hardly even played minutes at any position in a far off land, can be recognized as a PF and celebrated for going #4 but Poeltl is a write off for PF solely because of his college role.
            • I was on team Sabonis, I wanted him to be drafted. I think if they took him I think we would be right here today having a similar conversation though because someone(s), somewhere(America, fuck yeah) would not like what Team Canada did. We would be taking that nonsense as reality and forgetting all the hype Poeltl was getting in this thread on the lead up. All the good signs and the fact that Ujiri was aggressively trying to find a deal and may still be looking for a deal.

Anyway, it's my belief that when someone achieves the things Ujiri has so far then he deserves some slack. I also believe we're not scouting experts and so there's a chance we could be wrong. I also believe that we have no sources internally and so we don't know what they're planning. These three things together led me to the conclusion that maybe it's jumping the gun to jump all over a guy for not agreeing with me last night.
            I think people are questioning whether Poeltl can play PF because he is "fairly mobile for a 7' but that usually isn't mobile enough to guard most PFs.

I think Sabonis has more potential as a PF and would have preferred that.

I don't think questioning a decision is really "jumping all over the guy". If we can't express concerns over decisions then what's the point of being here? I'm not interested in circle jerks.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Top5Pick wrote: View Post
              I'll give the fucker free agency but if he doesn't do shit, ill jump on the I don't trust Masai train, how do you not take Davis at 27th ?? that's a lottery pick he does what Pascal does and is a better shot blocker. i was pissed when he didn't trade for a 4 at the deadline because "We didnt want trade away our future" and here we are with Poeltl and Pascal.

I don't mind Poeltl either but defensively ? hes not that guy. IDK ill give him until after free agency like i said, but this has been building since the deadline for me.
              Clearly he wasn't a lottery pick or else 15 teams outside the lottery would have jumped for him. He's an example of the media not having the whole story, so we don't have the whole story, so the media and we are wrong. He did poorly on interviews and how many poor character players with upside wash out each year?

Comment

I think people are questioning whether Poeltl can play PF because he is "fairly mobile for a 7' but that usually isn't mobile enough to guard most PFs.

I don't think questioning a decision is really "jumping all over the guy". If we can't express concerns over decisions then what's the point of being here? I'm not interested in circle jerks.
                I think there's some value in being the team that forces adjustments, instead of being the team that adjusts.

Good teams adjust. Great teams force adjustments. A JV/JP high/low set, with both guys having decent midrange sets, forces the opponent to adjust to you.

Comment

Have you lost trust
                  isn't jumping on the guy? There's a thread dedicated to it for crying out loud.

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
                    I think there's some value in being the team that forces adjustments, instead of being the team that adjusts.

Good teams adjust. Great teams force adjustments. A JV/JP high/low set, with both guys having decent midrange sets, forces the opponent to adjust to you.
                    Will be interesting if we get a little more horns action if the two get time together.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                      Will be interesting if we get a little more horns action if the two get time together.
                      Yeah. Also, the Poeltl pick makes JV's potential 3pt game WAY more valuable. If they can play together and both stretch to the 3pt game, it just becomes a game of attack the mismatch in the post.

Comment

Do we still have trust in Masai ??

Have you lost trust
                        isn't jumping on the guy? There's a thread dedicated to it for crying out loud.
                        Yeah but look who started it and the responses.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Bullshit. It's called having an opinion. You can still trust the man without agreeing with 100% of his decisions.
                          This is true. I wanted Sabonis and said I'd eat my hat if he drafted Poeltl; there was no way they would take him. Well since then I've gone back to see what I missed and I think I missed a lot because I paid too much attention to a couple factors which faded out a lot of important details I should have taken note of. I also recognize Ujiri was trying to pull off a major deal with that pick. I never saw Ibaka or Poeltl in the cards so I recognize I don't know... Much. It was then my conclusion that it's probably a good idea to hang tight and see what happens.

Comment

At least this was posted after a whole couple hours had gone by so it's not a snap judgement.

My initial reaction is that Bebe needs to get his shit together fast.
                            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

it's probably a good idea to hang tight and see what happens.
                              This I agree with. We need to see this guy on the court in camp and summer league before we can even really do a quick reaction. Much longer for much better.

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post

Allows you the option of your bigs who are clearly both skilled low post players and might have range to always get the better match up.

Could by extension cause more swing passes to make sure we are always attacking the weaker defensive big. It hinges on poetl being able to guard 4s. Not much chance when a guy like Deng is at the 4 on defense though.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X