Do we still have trust in Masai?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    Clearly he wasn't a lottery pick or else 15 teams outside the lottery would have jumped for him. He's an example of the media not having the whole story, so we don't have the whole story, so the media and we are wrong. He did poorly on interviews and how many poor character players with upside wash out each year?
    "Poor Character" wasnt that one of Draymond's flaws as said by the media ? He took that to heart and look at him now, like i said i still trust Masai but i'll give him until free agency. Then it's on !

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
      Allows you the option of your bigs who are clearly both skilled low post players and might have range to always get the better match up.

Could by extension cause more swing passes to make sure we are always attacking the weaker defensive big. It hinges on poetl being able to guard 4s. Not much chance when a guy like Deng is at the 4 on defense though.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk
      If we played that Miami team with a healthy Jonas and Poeltl at the 4, I'm fine with Poeltl guarding Deng. Because it means every possession down the floor we can post up a 7-footer on Deng.

All of this depends on Casey's ability to run an adaptive offense, of course...
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Top5Pick wrote: View Post
        "Poor Character" wasnt that one of Draymond's flaws as said by the media ? He took that to heart and look at him now, like i said i still trust Masai but i'll give him until free agency. Then it's on !
        Draymond is where he is now because of his mind, both IQ and determination. Do you have evidence that Davis possesses this?

Comment

Love Masai for a lot of things, but unlike others I don't find him infallible.

So far he's drafted Bruno, Daniels, Wright (over Portis) and Powell. Powell is a big win and the others are at best inconclusive. Drafting a guy that seems set to be JV's backup and a 22-year old kid from one of the weakest conferences in college ball doesn't inspire much confidence right now.

Obviously time will tell, but not having a good morning after so far.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Disappointing that your 20 minutes of YouTube clips doesn't align with the plethora of intel at Masai's disposal?
            LOL, Do you guys even read, listen and watch any other sport magazine, radio show or TV channels ?

No, it is not based on a 20 minutes Youtube but based on what everyone else has been saying.

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
              LOL, Do you guys even read, listen and watch any other sport magazine, radio show or TV channels ?

No, it is not based on a 20 minutes Youtube but based on what everyone else has been saying.
              All the advanced stats and metrics guys I follow and listen to love Poeltl. A lot of them had him closer to their top 5 in this draft.
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                Love Masai for a lot of things, but unlike others I don't find him infallible.

So far he's drafted Bruno, Daniels, Wright (over Portis) and Powell. Powell is a big win and the others are at best inconclusive. Drafting a guy that seems set to be JV's backup and a 22-year old kid from one of the weakest conferences in college ball doesn't inspire much confidence right now.

Obviously time will tell, but not having a good morning after so far.
                i think it is safe to write off daniels. he would have to have a really good year in the d for me to think he can make the league.

Comment

I think Bilas had him as #6.. and I believe most analytic sites had him ranked higher. The fact that the Raptors spent so much money on their toy.. it seems logical that they would make a decision based on what it pumped out.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                    i think it is safe to write off daniels. he would have to have a really good year in the d for me to think he can make the league.
                    Ya he's definitely done, not even sure why we stuck with him this long as a 2nd rounder.

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
                      All the advanced stats and metrics guys I follow and listen to love Poeltl. A lot of them had him closer to their top 5 in this draft.
                      That is awesome. Care to Share 3 reputable reference that had him on their top 5 pick ??

I be very happy to see those and would feel much better about this pick.

Please share with us your sources.

Comment

In Masai We Still Trust - until proven otherwise. But still, I really want to hear Masai explain the rationale for passing on Deyonta Davis at 27.

Obviously, something else was up about Davis since 30 other teams, including the Warriors (who could use him) didn't want to give him guaranteed 1st round money. Seems almost like he was getting punished for his off-hand comment about his goal being to "... get to his 2nd contract." I can see how that attitude could really piss off GMs and especially owners, but still he's just a 19-year old kid. Now he's got to work his ass off and prove himself even to get his 1st contract .... life lesson for the young man.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Draymond is where he is now because of his mind, both IQ and determination. Do you have evidence that Davis possesses this?
                          No evidence, but if we're going by what GMs thought at the time, they had no evidence that Draymond possessed that either, since they all passed on Draymond. And the thought process behind picks like Siakam, which GMs do all the time, is exactly how you pass on the (admittedly, small) chance of getting a Draymond. Betting on character instead of overall talent. Sure, Siakam might be "safe" (as safe as a raw 22-year old that plays in a weak division can be, I guess), but his ceiling doesn't seem that high. For that alone, this pick is a huge disappointment for me. When you consider who was still there, and that we had already gone with a safe pick before... Oof.

I'm still fine with Poeltl, though. But most of the draft picks from Masai have been either meh or disappointment
                          Last edited by GuiJaeger; Fri Jun 24, 2016, 10:16 AM.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                            In Masai We Still Trust - until proven otherwise. But still, I really want to hear Masai explain the rationale for passing on Deyonta Davis at 27.

Obviously, something else was up about Davis since 30 other teams, including the Warriors (who could use him) didn't want to give him guaranteed 1st round money. Seems almost like he was getting punished for his off-hand comment about his goal being to "... get to his 2nd contract." I can see how that attitude could really piss off GMs and especially owners, but still he's just a 19-year old kid. Now he's got to work his ass off and prove himself even to get his 1st contract .... life lesson for the young man.
                            his coach saying he shouldn't have left probably didn't help either.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                              I think Bilas had him as #6.. and I believe most analytic sites had him ranked higher. The fact that the Raptors spent so much money on their toy.. it seems logical that they would make a decision based on what it pumped out.
                              Pretty sure Bilas didn't. Someone shared the feed of when the Raps were picking last night and Bilas had Davis as the top ranked when we picked and if memory serves, Poeltl was actually 4th best available (10th) overall.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

GuiJaeger wrote: View Post
                                No evidence, but if we're going by what GMs thought at the time, they had no evidence that Draymond possessed that either, since they all passed on Draymond. And the thought process behind picks like Siakam, which GMs do all the time, is exactly how you pass on the (admittedly, small) chance of getting a Draymond. Betting on character instead of overall talent. Sure, Siakam might be "safe" (as safe as a raw 22-year old that plays in a weak division can be, I guess), but his ceiling doesn't seem that high. For that alone, this pick is a huge disappointment for me. When you consider who was still there, and that we had already gone with a safe pick before... Oof.

I'm still fine with Poeltl, though. But most of the draft picks from Masai have been either meh or disappointment
                                i am fine with continuing to draft character guys despite the off chance the unstable one turns into draymond. there are ricky davises out there too. a bad apple spoils the bunch.

Comment

Working...
                                X