The Official 2016 Raptors Summer League Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
    So you think Bismack Biyombo is the difference between losing in the 1st round or going 2nd round/ECF ?
    It's a factor for sure. People refer to stats a lot. Yes, he had 26 rebs but attitude and toughness matter a lot. You can't let Paul pierce come into your house and laugh at you.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
      i would be surprised if we lose in the first round and it is because we didn't have biz. biz had an impact but i would be surprised if in one or two years the magic still think that was 18 000 000 per year well spent. biz excelled because we expected nothing and run a play style where the center, no matter how skilled, has only 2 jobs, rebound and challenge at the rim. those are the only two things that biz excels at. asking anything more of him would have been a detriment to him and the team.
      Maybe but someone else woulda given him that money too. He went from 3m cast-off to 18m sought after FA. Nobody giving that money to scola or Lou.
      I'm not emphasizing his fit or his skills or his stats. I'm talking about his attitude. We let Paul pierce say that we don't have the it factor and tell our fans he can't be bothered with our immigration. I realize there are other factors like Lowry's health but you can't underestimate the importance of mental and physical toughness.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        For the record, no we don't agree that Biz's impact was way more than Lou's. The team had more success because DD played better (far better), because Lowry was healthier (not healthy, but healthier), and JV got better. That and a better defensive scheme. Contributions from Biz, Scola, and their ilk are far down the list of reasons for team success.

Again, you are all just confirming the stance - Biz is super important in your perception because he made a couple big plays and brought a toughness to the team. You are free to continue valuing him as such. Just don't be shocked when the team is still tough, and still very good, without him.
        I largely agree, people remember the great plays in the playoffs, but forget all the times a pass bounced off his hands or all the missed buckets. Still I don't think think Raps get to and win 2 games of the ECF without Biz. His energy was so important and got more out of his teammates, plus his defense was incredible in the playoffs. I don't think you count on him to put up good numbers for a whole season, but he will make his money in the playoffs. Still think he's easily replacable, especially since JV should be playing more minutes.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
          I largely agree, people remember the great plays in the playoffs, but forget all the times a pass bounced off his hands or all the missed buckets. Still I don't think think Raps get to and win 2 games of the ECF without Biz. His energy was so important and got more out of his teammates, plus his defense was incredible in the playoffs. I don't think you count on him to put up good numbers for a whole season, but he will make his money in the playoffs. Still think he's easily replacable, especially since JV should be playing more minutes.
          With the way we were performing on offense (plus JV getting hurt), it's probably true that we don't get as far as we do. Having said that, if the team can be at least somewhere close to their regular season ORTG while having a healthy JV with more minutes this postseason.. should be in good shape.

Comment

• Time for "Everything Jarrod Uthoff"?

Comment

Working...
            X