• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prediction: The Toronto Raptors will trade for Boris Diaw from the Spurs

Thoughts

We were talking about it on twitter.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Boris Diaw is a system player, and San Antonio fits him like a glove. The Raptors have no such system, and he's not the starting stretch-4 they covet. Not sure I see how this moves the needle for the Raptors, other than allowing them to say that they actually did something in free agency. Pass.

Comment

Not a fan. Pass.

Comment

Sinbad wrote: View Post
          Boris Diaw is a system player, and San Antonio fits him like a glove. The Raptors have no such system, and he's not the starting stretch-4 they covet. Not sure I see how this moves the needle for the Raptors, other than allowing them to say that they actually did something in free agency. Pass.
          That's true, but Diaw operating in the high post would still be a big upgrade over Scola. It would depend on the price. I'd take a flier on him at a reasonably low price, but doubt that's even possible.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

The problem with Diaw is he NEEDS the ball in his hands to do his thing. We won't give him that.
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Well, I'm not saying is a great move, but not terrible for a few reasons:
              1) $6.5M this year and $7M next - not bad for a serviceable big that can play the 4, especially with the $ everyone else is getting
              2) Playmaking - takes pressure off Lowry and Demar...Diaw started as a PG when he first came into the league
              3) Non American - so he might actually be happy playing in Canada

Comment

the problem with Diaw is he's 34 and doesn't really improve us in the slightest

like Hackett mentioned if you get a pick in with him then sure, i guess? bebe's days are numbered here anyways.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
                  The problem with Diaw is he NEEDS the ball in his hands to do his thing. We won't give him that.
                  We actually need him to do that, did you not watch the playoffs...dribble dribble dribble, shoot with 3 secs left on the clock

Comment

6GOD wrote: View Post
                    Thoughts
                    Sure if they toss in Kyle Anderson. Kyle is going to be good. They can then flip Ross.

Comment

This too. Diaw is a talented playmaker, but playmakers need the ball. Not happening playing alongside Lowry and DeMar.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        Sure if they toss in Kyle Anderson.
                        Slowmo is legit, but Popovich likes him. I doubt he would sign off on that.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                          That's true, but Diaw operating in the high post would still be a big upgrade over Scola. It would depend on the price. I'd take a flier on him at a reasonably low price, but doubt that's even possible.
                          Think of every Biz + CoJo pick and roll this past season. Most of the time the big would switch on to CoJo and his only option would be to try to get to the basket - and since Cojo isn't a huge threat from 3 and not super explosive, they could back off of him so his success rate wasn't as high as you'd think.

And Biz could only run to the opposite baseline because if an open alley oop wasn't there, he had no other chance to score.

Now replace Biz with Diaw who can actually post up a smaller player and score or kick it back out to an open shooter when the defense collapses. At least on offense, off the bench I think he could be very useful.
                          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Would love to see Diaw take Scola's minutes. First 6 min of 1st and 3rd q's. That's it.

Raps usually start half's running plays before iso offense really kicks in to end quarters. Patterson's D and shooting to end games would be preferable in crunch time.

Comment

Sinbad wrote: View Post
                              This too. Diaw is a talented playmaker, but playmakers need the ball. Not happening playing alongside Lowry and DeMar.
                              That's where you are wrong, Diaw will actually make DD a much better player. DD needs to dribble less and catch and shoot more. Raps needs better "decision makers" on the team.

Comment

Working...
                              X