Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting PF 2016-2017.

Who will our starting PF be ?

Gasol is gone of the available options left are we looking at Terrance Jones? David West? Luis Scola? Certainly options have diminished . We need some rim protection too with BB gone. Who's it gonna be?

Patrick Patterson.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

We should stand 2pat.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
        Patrick Patterson.
        Yes, because that worked really well last year

Comment

The best available power forward is definitely patterson
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
            It did. Brilliantly. When we bothered to try it.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I don't see any upgrades left, so Patterson unless something very unexpected happens in trade.

Trick now is finding a decent backup. I'd personally be fine with Poeltl, considering many of even the backup targets are gone already.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
                When didn't it work well? Seriously asking as in the limited amount of times that we went to it; it worked and it worked very well.

The bench then became the issue as they didn't really get enough time to gel without Patterson.
                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

unless a vet c or pf comes in, i don't see a way that casey starts pat. pat is going to cover for bebe/peoltl.

Comment

At this point I could see it being siakim, who could probably be made to look like a solid player among our other 4 starters lol. If we got by with a warm body last year, a guy that plays balls out can't be much worse.

Comment

Starting to look unlikely that we can upgrade over Patterson, who should be better than ever. (Contract year?)

Comment

I'm really not panicking about our 4 spot. Patterson starts, Poeltl as back up and Carroll plays a few minutes there, maybe Siakam too depending on how well he plays.

Comment

There are 4 open roster spots, prior to Poeltl and Siakam signing. Masai will fill the last 2 with a couple of guys who can NBA.
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                            There are 4 open roster spots, prior to Poeltl and Siakam signing. Masai will fill the last 2 with a couple of guys who can NBA.
                            I think Dedmon and JJ, myself.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                              Agree...Its highly unlikely the raps GM and coaching staff veer away from their pattern of bringing guys along slowly with stints in the d league for game experience and practice with the big team or d league team every day that's open. Ujiri will sign two ready to play now NBA types and both Poeltl and Siakam will repeat the same development patern that Wright/Powell/Bruno and Bebe did last year.
                              Raps unless there is catastrophic injury won't play the rooks big minutes this year.
                              Am thinking they see less than 250 minutes of NBA court time. Between them.
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

Working...
                              X