No announcement yet.

Starting PF 2016-2017.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personally I'm for keeping the front court rotation basically the same as last year, except Scola is now Sullinger(thank god).

I would just give jv another 5 mpg and let bebe and poeltl battle it out for the remaining 15 minutes. I am quite confident one or both of them is ready.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• There's 144 minutes to split up on the 2, 3 & 4 (in other words, the 3 places wing players can play.). How I split those minutes up:

DeRo- 34 minutes max (27 at the 2, 7 @ the 3.)

Ross- 16 minutes (8 at SG/SF I bet to start off the year)

Caroll- 30 Minutes (25 at the 3, 5 at the 4 unless we need to go small)

Powell- 16 minutes (Give him & Ross an equal shake this year)

Patterson- 30 minutes (Same as Carroll but all at the 4.)

Sullinger- 25 minutes (18 @ the 4 though. 7 @ C, leaving Poeltl 11 minutes a game if JV gets 30.)
      Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:
      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
        There's 144 minutes to split up on the 2, 3 & 4 (in other words, the 3 places wing players can play.). How I split those minutes up:

DeRo- 34 minutes max (27 at the 2, 7 @ the 3.)

Ross- 16 minutes (8 at SG/SF I bet to start off the year)

Caroll- 30 Minutes (25 at the 3, 5 at the 4 unless we need to go small)

Powell- 16 minutes (Give him & Ross an equal shake this year)

Patterson- 30 minutes (Same as Carroll but all at the 4.)

Sullinger- 25 minutes (18 @ the 4 though. 7 @ C, leaving Poeltl 11 minutes a game if JV gets 30.)
        Don't forget joseph will play ~10 minutes at the 2

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Don't forget joseph will play ~10 minutes at the 2
          Plus I'm seeing too many PF minutes there. 30 Patterson + 5 Carroll + 18 Sully means 53 MPG at the 4.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Did I miss siakam? He looks like he can play 10mins between 3 and 4.
            Wtf if jv gets injured.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Plus I'm seeing too many PF minutes there. 30 Patterson + 5 Carroll + 18 Sully means 53 MPG at the 4.
              I calculated wrong their with the PF minutes. My bad.

As for CoryJo, he'll play a bit at the 2 but not as much this year. The raptors want to play Ross to get his value HIGH. I sense him being dealt on his now 'reasonable" deal.
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                Did I miss siakam? He looks like he can play 10mins between 3 and 4.
                Wtf if jv gets injured.
                I was eager to throw more minutes at young guys too, hell were not beating golden state anytime soon gotta start moulding the baby raptors..But at this point it looks like he's gonna have a redshirt season like wright had last year. Actually wright will probably not play this year as well

Comment

• Great article from J Lew on our search for a 4. A few ideas that I've seen come up on this thread but some I definitely haven't.
                  http://www.tsn.ca/sullinger-a-good-fallback-option-for-hard-luck-raptors-1.525654

Comment

• I dunno, a lot of the best lineups had CoJo at the 2. Seems like a bad idea shrinking those minutes too much. Probably better off shrinking DD and KL's minutes to keep them fresh.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      I dunno, a lot of the best lineups had CoJo at the 2. Seems like a bad idea shrinking those minutes too much. Probably better off shrinking DD and KL's minutes to keep them fresh.
                      Agreed. Especially against lesser teams. There's absolutely no point in grinding them both into the ground to squeeze out regular season wins again. We've proven were a good team, 48, 50, 56, 60..whatever the win total is won't make a lick of difference if you're getting outplayed by a 7th seed again because kyle and demar are absolute shells of themselves.

Having top 10 kyle and all star demar in may is our only prayer to take down the Lebron's

Comment

Agreed. Especially against lesser teams. There's absolutely no point in grinding them both into the ground to squeeze out regular season wins again. We've proven were a good team, 48, 50, 56, 60..whatever the win total is won't make a lick of difference if you're getting outplayed by a 7th seed again because kyle and demar are absolute shells of themselves.

Having top 10 kyle and all star demar in may is our only prayer to take down the Lebron's
                        Yup, time to go into Spurs mode and fully utilize the depth that Masai has amassed. DeMar and Kyle have little left to prove - time to sustain excellence and ramp up for that tiny shred of opportunity just like Dirk's Mavs did.

Comment

I was eager to throw more minutes at young guys too, hell were not beating golden state anytime soon gotta start moulding the baby raptors..But at this point it looks like he's gonna have a redshirt season like wright had last year. Actually wright will probably not play this year as well
                          Delon earned minutes but was stuck at a position of strength. Siakam is more raw but brings energy at a position of strength.
                          I haven't seen enough of him but based off reputable opinions from the wac Id like to see him take Sully down to 15-20mins

Comment

• Edit weakness

Comment

• I really hope that we (and our youngsters) are good enough to go 12 deep on the average.

Comment

Working...
                              X