Legacy League Match #4 Maury vs JimiCliff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legacy League Match #4 Maury vs JimiCliff

The legacy league was created to pit teams drafted by fellow RR members against each other and allow the general RR populous to vote on who would win this winner take all, single elimination game if all players were at their peak performance.

Each team drafted a 10 man roster. Each team provided a gameplan justification as to why they believe they should get your vote. Each team is allowed 1 post for "in game adjustments." The role of RR community is simple, vote for who you believe should win. Post justification if you want (encouraged) and weigh the pros and cons for all to see, but ultimately, your vote decides who will win this tournament of legends.

Maury vs JimiCliff

Maury lineup

PG Isiah Thomas - 21.3 PPG, 11.3 APG, 2.3 SPG (84-85), 12x All Star, 2x NBA Champion, Finals MVP, 5x All NBA, 3x All NBA 1st Team

SG Glen Rice - 26.8 PPG, 4.0 RPG, .470 3P%, .477 FG%, 0.9 SPG (96-97), 3x All Star, NBA Champion, 2x All-NBA

SF Michael Jordan - 33.6 PPG, 6.9 RPG, 6.3 APG, 2.8 SPG, .376 3P% (89-90), DPOY, 14x All Star, 5x MVP, 6x NBA Champion, 6x Finals MVP, 9x All Defensive, 11x All NBA

PF Julius Erving - 27.4 PPG, 10.7 RPG, 2.3 SPG, 2.5 BPG, .395 3P% (74-75), 3x ABA MVP, 1x NBA MVP, 16x All Star, 3x Champion, 13x All NBA/ABA, 1st team All Defence

C Bill Walton - 18.6 PPG, 14.4 RPG, 3.2 BPG, 5.0 APG, 24.8 PER (76-77) 2x All Star, NBA MVP, 2x NBA Champion, Finals MVP, 2x All Defensive 1st team, 2x All NBA, 6MOY.

Bench

Derrick Rose - 25.0 PPG, 7.7 APG, .445 FG%, .332 3P% (10-11), 3x All Star, Youngest MVP in league history, All-NBA 1st team

Sidney Moncrief - 19.8 PPG, 6.7 RPG, 4.8 APG, 1.7 SPG (81-82) 22.6 PER (82-83), 5x All Star, 2x DPOY, 5x All Defence, 5x All NBA,

Bob Pettit - 31.1 PPG, 18.7 RPG, 3.7 APG, .450 FG%, (61-62), 11x All Star 2x MVP, NBA Champion, 11x All-NBA

Yao Ming - 25.0 PPG, 9.4 RPG, 2.0 BPG, 2.0 APG, .516 FG%, .862 FT%, 8.6 FTA, 8x All-Star, 5x All-NBA

Chris Webber - 27.1 PPG, 11.1 RPG, 4.2 APG, 1.7 BPG, (00,01) 5x All Star,
    5x All NBA

Maury Gameplan

My major adjustment is to start Glen Rice at shooting guard and remove Chris Webber from my starting lineup, and have Julius Erving and Jordan take turns guarding Lebron and KD. Erving was an excellent rebounder and defender, averaging 15 RPG in his rookie year, so we will not suffer on the boards. My team is built to run. Bill Walton will gobble up every rebound while throwing pinpoint outlets to one of Dr. J, MJ, or Isiah who can all finish in transition exceptionally well. In the half court, Walton will have the ball at the elbow, where he can make passes to a cutting Jordan or Erving. If either of these two get in the paint it is a surefire 2, as they can both finish with authority over the best of rim protectors. Sidney Moncrief will match minutes with Pete Maravich as well.

JimiCliff Lineup
    PG - Walt 'Clyde' Frazier. 23.2 ppg, 51.2 fg% (1972). 7x 1st Team All-Defence.

SG - Joe Dumars. 23.5 ppg (1993), 38.2 3pt% (career). 4x 1st Team All-Defence.

SF - Kevin Durant. 32.0 ppg, 39.1 3pt%, NBA MVP (2014).

PF - Lebron James. 26.8 ppg, 40.6 3pt%, NBA MVP, Finals MVP (2013). 5x 1st Team All-Defence.

C - Patrick Ewing. 28.6 ppg, 10.9 rebs, 4.0 bpg, 1st Team All-NBA (1990). 3x Second Team All-Defence.

Bench:

1st Big - Alonzo Mourning, PF/C. 20.1 ppg, 11.0 rpg, 3.9 bpg (1999). 2x NBA Defensive Player of the Year.

3 & D (& scoring too) - Eddie Jones, SG/SF. 20.1 ppg, 37.5 3pt%, 2.7 spg (2000). 3x Second Team All-Defence.

Stretch Big - Cliff Robinson, F/C. 21.3 ppg, 37.1 3pt% (1995). 2x Second Team All-Defence.

Instant Offence - 'Pistol' Pete Maravich, PG/SG. 31.1 ppg, NBA scoring champ (1977).

Insurance Big - Elton Brand, PF/C. 24.7ppg, 10.0 rpg, 2.5bpg, NBA Sportsmanship Award (2006).

JimiCliff Gameplan
    OFFENCE - KD pick and rolls will be our bread and butter - 3/4 with Lebron, 3/5 with Ewing/Zo, 3/1 with Frazier. These will be very problematic for Maury; a switch involving Zeke/Pettit/Webber/Yao is a big mismatch, and a switch with Walton means zero rim protection. We'll also be running sets to get our shooters open 3s, and looking to abuse Isiah in the post.

DEFENCE - Team Jimi, featuring Dumars and Frazier - two of the greatest guard defenders ever - is designed to slow a player like MJ. Lebron will be the primary defender against Dr. J, as Bron has the size, quickness and IQ to do well there. Generally, we're happy to defend straight up, as we're very strong on D. Occasionally, though, we'll take advantage of our tremendous length and athleticism by trapping aggresively, a la 2012/13 Miami Heat.

In Game Adjustments - Coming Soon!

So RR faithful, who wins this game?
    Maury
    57.89%
    JimiCliff
    42.11%

The poll is expired.

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

this is tough

Comment

I don't have a clue who I'm voting for. Those teams are both crazy.

Comment

Pistol Pete is my favourite player so I'm voting with my heart:. Jimi.

Comment

Here is my adjustment with a juicy clip to go along with it .

Adjustment
          With the change in my starting lineup we can switch easily. Jimi is underrating Bill Walton as a mobile and athletic defender. Dumars can’t stop Jordan. When the game is close MJ will take over. Yao ming will put his bigs in major foul trouble (8.6FTA).
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw9z320dkR0

Comment

Switch easily? Any switch of Zeke or Rice onto KD is a major mismatch.

Speaking of Rice: in a lower tier when compared to all the other starters. We'll attack him often.

Jordan will get drained trying to guard Durant all game. And on the other end:

Last edited by JimiCliff; Tue Jul 12, 2016, 02:16 PM.
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

at the risk of sounding crazy I vote for lebron... he is a much better all around player then Jordan. Jordan was ridiculously talented and skilled. Lebron is more athletic and playing him at PF is the solid move.. you get my vote.

I don't think many people will see past jordan though. KD could keep up with Jordan... BARELY... Lebron defensively would be able to stop one of them... So if you cancel out Lebron and Jordan Jimi wins. Mourning would stop Yao + Walton and as much as I love the C Webb pick ....eddie jones as a 3 and D and Pistol Pete would be insane.

Comment

I vote Jimi. Not a good enough team around MJ to make up for it.

Comment

I think this is the hardest to call.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I reeally like Jimi's team, but its hard to vote against MJ ...

Comment

It's a really hard match-up here for me. I like Jimi's team, but MJ is the greatest player ever.
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

I'm just gonna vote Maury cuz I wanna see Maury Poivich in the finals and because his players are cooler. This one was way to tough.
                        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Well I voted for Jimi, but it's a tough call and i'm not that sure. talent is about equal among starters, in my eyes, and Maury has great bench.

I mainly liked overall size and versatility and defense on Jimi team. Frazier could guard 3 positions, LeBron can guard near anyone. Ewing in his prime was tough, athletic and a leader, which is nice to have next to these other guys, it gives some toughness to this team.

If Maury's main gameplan is to run and score at the rim, I think Jimi can counter it and slow it down, he has a defensive team and a lot of tall quick guys who can get back quickly in transition.

But tough call.
                          Last edited by BobLoblaw; Wed Jul 13, 2016, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X