Legacy League Match #5 - e_wheazy vs Cody73

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legacy League Match #5 - e_wheazy vs Cody73

The legacy league was created to pit teams drafted by fellow RR members against each other and allow the general RR populous to vote on who would win this winner take all, single elimination game if all players were at their peak performance.

Each team drafted a 10 man roster. Each team provided a gameplan justification as to why they believe they should get your vote. Each team is allowed 1 post for "in game adjustments." The role of RR community is simple, vote for who you believe should win. Post justification if you want (encouraged) and weigh the pros and cons for all to see, but ultimately, your vote decides who will win this tournament of legends.

e_wheazy vs Cody73

e_wheazhy Starting Lineup (Prime Stats):

PG: John Wall - 6-4, 200lbs, 6-9 wingspan, 3x All Star, All NBA Defender
    19.8 PTS, 10.2 AST, 4.9 REB,1.9 STL, 35.1% 3P

SG: Oscar Robertson - 6-5, 205 lbs, Averaged a triple double
    30.8 PTS, 80.3% FT, 12.5 REB, 11.4 AST, 48% FG

SF: Grant Hill - 6-8, 225 lbs, 7x All Star, 5x All NBAer
    21.4 PTS, 9 REB, 7.3 AST, 1.8 STL, 30.3% 3FG, 14.6 WS, 114 ORTG, 100 DRTG, 8.0 BPM

PF: Paul George - 6-9, 220lbs, 6-11.5 wingspan, 3X All Star, 3x All NBA Defensive Teamer
    23.1 PTS, 7.0 REB, 4.1 AST, 1.9 STL, 37.1 3FG, 107 ORTG, 97 DRTG, 10 WS, 6.4 DWS

C: Kevin Garnett - 6-11, 240lbs, 7-6 wingspan12x All NBA Defensive Teamer, DPOY,
    23.0 PTS, 13.9 REB, 6.0 AST, 1.4 STL, 2.2 BLKS, 31.9% 3FG, 98 DRTG, 113 ORTG, 18.3 WS, 9.7 BPM

Bench:

Draymond Green - 6-7, 230lbs, 7-1 Wingspan, NBA Champ, 2x All NBA Defender
    9.5 REB, 7.4 AST, 1.5 STL, 1.4 BLKS, 38.8 3FG, 115 ORTG, 97 DRTG, 11.1 WS

Anthony Davis - 6-10, 255lbs, 7-6 wingspan, 3x All Star, All-NBA first team, 2x NBA Blocks Leader, All-NBA Defender
    24.4 PTS, 10.2 REB, 2.2 AST, 1.5 STL, 2.9 BLKS, 32.4% 3FG, 122 ORTG, 100 DRTG, 14.0 WS

Andre Iguodala - 6-6, 215lbs, 6-11 wingspan, NBA Champ, Finals MVP, 2x All-NBA Defender, All Star
    12.4 PTS, 6.1 REB, 5.5 AST, 1.7 STL, 39.4% 3FG, 108 ORTG, 98 DRTG, 7.3 WS

Bob Lanier - 6-11, 250lbs, 8x All Star
    24 PTS, 13.3 REB, 4.6 AST, 1.4 STL, 3.0 BLKS 51% FG, 108 ORTG, 88 DRTG (YES, 88), 14.4 WS

James Harden, 6-5, 220lbs, 6-11 wingspan, 4x All Star, 2x All NBAer
    29 PTS, 6.1 REB, 7.5 AST, 1.7 STL, 37.5% 3FG, 118 ORTG, 103 DRTG, 16.4 WS

e_wheazy gameplan

We are made to stifle and anger. We will stop you, and get in your head. Unlike any other team, we have defensive stalwarts who could not only score, but were incredible passers with elite BBIQ.

Everyone can distribute , rebound and score at elite levels. We'll play free flowing, pass-heavy ball, using our countless size advantages at every opportunity. Our bigs are great shooters - stay home and we knock down from outside, stay tight and get punished off the dribble.

We can afford to switch most PnRs. PG will stifle Magic, and we can throw different looks at him (Draymond, Iggy, Grant, KG). Grant guards Hondo, Oscar shuts Vince, Wall cancels KJ. Notice the size advantage at every position. On the bench, he's got soft defensive bigs, even Eaton must pick his poison when going up against my bigs, who can stretch the floor and play from the perimeter.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&rct=j...68385217409568

Cody73's starters:

Erving "Magic" Johnson - 19.2 PPG, 7.1 RPG, 11.0 APG.
    Vince "Vinsanity" Carter- 18.8 PPG, 4.6 RPG, 3.4 APG.
    John "Hondo" Havlicek- 20.8 PPG, 6.3 RPG, 4.8 APG.
    Dave "Big Red" Cowens- 17.6 PPG, 13.6 RPG, 0.9 BPG.
    Moses "Chairman of the Boards" Malone- 20.3 PPG, 12.3 RPG, 1.3 BPG.

Bench:

Kevin "KJ" Johnson- 17.9 PPG, 3.3 RPG, 9.1 APG
    Doug Christie- 11.2 PPG, 3.6 APG, 2.1 SPG
    Peja Stojackovic- 17.0 PPG, 4.7 RPG, 1.8 APG
    Pau Gasol- 18.2 PPG, 9.5 RPG, 3.3 APG
    Mark Eaton- 6.0 PPG, 7.9 RPG, 3.5 BPG

Cody73 Gameplan on offense: I plan to use pick and rolls & Horns, along with offball screens with this team. The main thing is to either get the ball to Moses or Cowens, or kick it out to Carter/Hondo, and later on Peja for 3. Ball movement is key here, and none of my guys are selfish.

Cody73 Gameplan on defense: I plan to install a nickel defense with this team, using a mix of 1-on-1 & Zone. This allows my weaker defenders some ease and gives me the ability to get at key players on defense when needed.

In Game Adjustments - Coming Soon!

So RR faithful, who wins this game?
    e_wheazy
    88.24%
    Cody73
    11.76%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Cody73; Tue Jul 12, 2016, 06:42 PM.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

this one is another tough one... I am leaning one way more then the other....Garnett is good but he would get beat up by Malone....(I am assuming you mean Moses) anthony davis is good ... llike your bench is definitely better weazy

Comment

I think Cody's team would rely too much on Magic and spacing would be an issue. He has no play making off the bench. Magic would basically have to play a full 48 minutes.

A back-court of Wall and Oscar is huge. Walls lack of perimeter makes him less than ideal next to Oscar. With Wall, Oscar and Harden all ball dominant players, some fit concerns. I think George at PF would be a concern in some matchups but I'm not sure Cowens is enough of a threat to punish that matchup.

Really like some of the options off wheazy's bench
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Really struggling with Cody's bench. Draymond kicks Moses in the nuts. Game over, wheazy wins. Cody's only chance is playing magic 48 mins and no overtime.

Comment

If Cody spends as much time game planning / coaching as he did outlining and describing his players above, I can't see him winning.

Comment

I'm leaning toward wheazy because of his superior playmaking, and his bench his far better. I love grant hill and iggy platooning the 3. Peja can't do much against either of these guys. He helps space the floor but off the bench he is the only really good shooter. I'll wait for adjustments before making my final decision.

Comment

Leaning wheazy here for the moment. Heavily, actually. Still, adjustments can change everything.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I knew people were going to have a tough time with this game.

Wheaz's team is a tricky one.
                Axel wrote:
                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                KeonClark wrote:
                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                KeonClark wrote:
                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Legacy League Match #5 - e_wheazy vs Cody73

In game adjustments:

Considering were down at the half & Magic needs some time off the court, I go small and use KJ, Christie & Carter at the 1, 2 & 3, with Hondo playing the 4 (he played SG, SF & PF in his career) & Gasol at the 5, meaning wheaz
                  (Rest removed due to exceeding word count limit)
                  Last edited by Axel; Tue Jul 12, 2016, 04:16 PM.
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

What's with all these non-Raptor threads polluting the "Everything Raptors" forum? C'mon Axel, you're better than this

Comment

I think Cody's team is missing someone in the OP. Cowens is listed twice and who is KJ?

Leaning towards wheazy but I hate the decision to start Wall. Robertson is more than capable at PG and you could slide everyone down a position and start Green/Davis.

Would definitely make it a better team and shockingly provide more shooting.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        What's with all these non-Raptor threads polluting the "Everything Raptors" forum? C'mon Axel, you're better than this
                        This is the second year we've done this!

Comment

Wasn't expecting Cowens' start, but moving AD from the bench and Wall (35% 3FG) off.

We'll destroy that 3 guard set, with stronger, bigger wing defenders. Carter "going berserk" on who?

Pau will be checked effectively by all bigs, his 4th quarter lineup will seal our victory. We're just better.
                          A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Don't have any word counter handy, but I'm pretty sure that's under.
                            A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

$$$
                              Last edited by e_wheazhy_; Tue Jul 12, 2016, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X