Legacy League Match #6 Mack11 vs TrueTorontoFan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legacy League Match #6 Mack11 vs TrueTorontoFan

The legacy league was created to pit teams drafted by fellow RR members against each other and allow the general RR populous to vote on who would win this winner take all, single elimination game if all players were at their peak performance.

Each team drafted a 10 man roster. Each team provided a gameplan justification as to why they believe they should get your vote. Each team is allowed 1 post for "in game adjustments." The role of RR community is simple, vote for who you believe should win. Post justification if you want (encouraged) and weigh the pros and cons for all to see, but ultimately, your vote decides who will win this tournament of legends.

Mack11 vs True Toronto Fan

Mack11 STARTING 5

PG - Jerry West
    SG - George Gervin
    SF - Elgin Baylor
    PF - Bosh
    C - Duncan

Bench
    PG/SG - Iverson
    SF/PF - Melo
    PF/C - Griffin
    SG/SF- Alvin Robertson
    C - Walt Bellamy

Mack11 GAMEPLAN:

My Offensive game plan starts with Tim Duncan and Jerry West. There will be a lot of P'N'R's. And everyone else will play off of them. We have Bosh who's gonna spread the floor at the PF to pull other bigs out of the paint so everyone else can go to work. Other bigs such as Griffin and Bellamy are triple threat bigs who can pass, shoot and drive. My team should also out rebound the opponents. Duncan, Baylor, West, Melo, Griffin, Bellamy are all plus rebounder at there positions. I also have Iverson as my sixth man who will come in and get buckets( 4X scoring champ)

Defensively Tim Duncan will be my anchor (8-time all defense 1st team). Then I'll have Jerry West (4-time all defense 1st team) hounding opposing guards along with Alvin Robertson who was a phenomenal defender. Who won a DPLOY as a Guard and holds the record for the most steals per game played, averaging 2.71 steals per game for his career.

TrueTorontoFan Lineup
    Gary Payton (6’4’’) – NBA Champion, 9x All star, 9x all nba, 8x all defence, Former defensive player of the year, Former NBA steals leader
    (1995-96 Sonics Seasons: 19.3 PPG, 4.2 REB, 7.5 AST, 2.9 STL)
    Reggie Miller (6’7’’) –5x All star, 3x all nba, 50-40-90 Club, Pacers all time scoring leader
    (1995-96 Sonics Seasons: 19.3 PPG, 4.2 REB, 7.5 AST, 2.9 STL)
    James Worthy (6′9″) –3x Champion, 7x all star, 4x blocks leader, 2x all nba, NBA 50th Aniversary All Time Team, HOF
    (1989-90 Laker Seasons: 21.1 PPG, 6. REB, 3.6 AST, 1.6 STL, .6 BLK, 30.6% 3pt %)
    Charles Barkley (6′6″) –MVP, 11x all star, Rebound Leader (14 RPG), 11x all nba, NBA 50th Aniversary All Time Team, HOF Shot 34% in one season from 3, highest PER was 24.63)
    (1992-93 Phoenix Seasons: 25.61 PPG, 12.2 REB, 5.1 AST, 1.6 STL, 1.0 BLK, 30.6% 3pt %)
    Kareem-Abdul Jabbar (7′2″) – All-Time Point Leader, 6x Champion, 5x MVP, 19x all star, 4x blocks leader, 11x all defence, 15x all nba
    (1979-81 Laker Seasons: Career: 24.6 PPG, 11.2 REB, 3.6 AST, .9 STL, 2.6 BLK, 27.2 PER)

Russell Westbrook (6′5″) – 5x all star, 2015 Scoring Champion, 5x all nba, 18 regular season triple-doubles (2015-2016), College Pac-10 Defensive player of the year
    (2015-16 OKC Seasons: 23.5 PPG, 7.8 REB, 10.4 AST, 2.0 STL, .3 BLK, 27.64 PER)

Sprewell (6′5″) – 4x all star, 1x all nba, 1x all defence
    (1996-97 GSW Seasons: 24.2 PPG, 4.2 REB, 6.3 AST, 1.7 STL, .6 BLK)

Kyle Korver (6′7″) – all star, lead the league in 3 point% two years in a row2013-2015 (47.2% and 49.2% respectively)
    (2014-2015 Atlanta Seasons: 12.1 PPG, 4.1 REB, 2.6 AST, .7 STL, .6 BLK, 49.2% 3pt %)

Karl-Anthony Towns (7′0″) – ROY, all rookie first team, all rookie team, shot 54% from the field, 34%
    (2015-16 Phoenix Seasons: 18.3 PPG, 10.5 REB, 2.0 AST, 2.0 STL, 1.7 BLK, 22.59 PER)

Ben Wallace (6′9″) – Champion, 5x 4x Defensive player of the year, former nba blocks leader, 4x
    all star, 4x blocks leader, 6x all defence, 5x all nba
    (2002-03 Pistons Seasons: 6.9 PPG, 15.4 REB, 1.6 AST, 1.4 STL, 3.2 BLK)

Gameplan:
    Offence
    The glut of offensive weapons and versatile players would lead to a fast paced offensive style that resembles the Spurs from two years ago (Spurs Motion Offence). Lots of spacing, pnr, and zipper cuts to generate the best shot available. My team is simply more efficient. KAT shot 34% from 3. Rebounding I win. No problems generating offence. Worthy would have length on Baylor. Westbrook would match Iverson’s intensity with more length. Westbrook and drive/slither his way to the rim and kick out. Reggie and the other primary shooters act as release valves. Worthy and Kareem = Laker synergy + Chemistry
    Defence
    AI and Tim Duncan are the biggest threats. Combo of Ben and KAJ can contain their frontcourt. Gary Payton defensively combined with Westbrook’s offensive and defensive intensity will tire out his guards. Making the opponent work on both ends of the court in order to ensure a win.

In Game Adjustments -

TrueTorontoFan

Wasn’t expecting AI off the bench. I would put two-guard lineups w/Reggie at the 3 and Westbrook at the 2. This would allow greater driving and kick opportunities. I would focus more on pounding inside. Westbrook would help space the floor. Worthy would sub in and out w/Reggie as needed.

So RR faithful, who wins this game?
    Mack11
    23.08%
    TrueTorontoFan
    76.92%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Axel; Tue Jul 12, 2016, 08:20 PM.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

I'm really loving TTF's team but I'll be considering the game plan and upcoming adjustments before I vote.

Comment

Mack's bench is 60% head cases. Ttf just has sprewell. He will bring you down eventually but for today ttf wins.

Comment

Both teams rocking teams that can't shoot. Bosh and arguably Jerry West the only shooters on one side while Reggie Miller the only shooter on the other side.

Mack11's team will lose the rebounding battle I think, mostly based off of Bosh's shortcomings there. And Mack11 would get killed in the post by Barkley/Kareem as TD can only guard one of the two.

I wanna see some lineup changes in the adjustments before voting.

Comment

Sons thought, TTF isn't even gonna go all out post, Spursian offence is nice but doesn't make much sense when you only have 1 shooter in your starting 5 and an obvious mismatch in the post on every single possession.

Comment

Wasn’t expecting AI off the bench. I would put two-guard lineups w/Reggie at the 3 and Westbrook at the 2. This would allow greater driving and kick opportunities. I would focus more on pounding inside. Westbrook would help space the floor. Worthy would sub in and out w/Reggie as needed.

Comment

This is a close call, but I'm going to give it to TFF by a hair
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
              X