Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pretty Much the End of the OffSeason - Who got Better ? Who Got Worse ? Who is Hanging On ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    ceez wrote: View Post
    i also want Demar to be able to shoot 3s. and a Tesla.
    I want Norm to win the 6th man award and I want coffee! Wait, I'll just go make the coffee, that's easy.

    Comment


    • #32
      ceez wrote: View Post
      think the magic and nets will be better, as opposed to what the first post said.

      .
      The Nets ?

      Comment


      • #33
        Apollo wrote: View Post
        One could argue that they're a work in progress and possibly a strategy that failed last season could work this season if properly executed. It's pretty normal for things to fail in the beginning, it doesn't mean quitting on it is the right choice.
        Agreed! But I disagree with the strategy in the first place, and believe quitting on it is the right choice.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

        Comment


        • #34
          guyroch wrote: View Post
          The Nets ?
          yeah, Brooklyn's team
          @sweatpantsjer

          Comment


          • #35
            these westbrook to the celtics rumours are making me uneasy
            @sweatpantsjer

            Comment


            • #36
              I guess I'll just repost my predictions from last week to this thread.. bolded the changes.

              1. Cleveland
              2. Toronto
              3. Boston
              4. New York
              5. Indiana
              6. Washington
              7. Detroit
              8. Chicago
              9. Orlando
              10. Atlanta
              11. Miami
              12. Charlotte
              13. Brooklyn
              14. Milwaukee
              15. Philadelphia
              your pal,
              ebrian

              Comment


              • #37
                I guess a ranking makes it fairly clear:

                1. Cleveland
                2. Toronto
                3. Detroit
                4. Boston
                5. Miami
                6. Washington
                7. Indiana
                8. Atlanta
                9. Milwaukee
                10. Orlando
                11. Chicago
                12. Charlotte
                13. New York
                14. Philadelphia
                15. Brooklyn

                Comment


                • #38
                  Raptors are still the second best team unless Westbrook actually goes to Boston. Even than Boston is going to have to give up a lot to get. Horford is good but, not KD good. They will be marginally better than us if Russ goes to the C's
                  @Chr1st1anL

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    ceez wrote: View Post
                    these westbrook to the celtics rumours are making me uneasy
                    Yea same here. There was a brief discussion in the off season thread about how all the assets that Boston had accumulated had thus far accomplished absolutely nothing. If all those prospects and future picks end up netting them Russell Westbrook, that changes everything. They could potentially maintain the bulk of their roster and add Westbrook. That would make me very sad.
                    your pal,
                    ebrian

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Boston is rumoured to be the landing spot for pretty much everyone and anyone that is on the block or was a free agent for the past 12 months.

                      KD.. going to Boston.
                      Dwight at the trade deadline.. going to Beantown.
                      Horford at the trade deadline.. going to Boston. Yes he went as FA but he was oh so close to staying in Atlanta. 5M bucks. Either Al hated Atlanta or he thinks that 5M over and above the 120M he made actually makes a difference.
                      Boogie Cousins is going to Boston...
                      Hassan Whiteside.. going to Boston....
                      You get the drift....

                      Its endless.... and after months of it.... its also boring.
                      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Jul 13th, 2016, 03:43 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        But it's not baseless. It's not like when every player was rumored to be going to either LA or NY because they're just big team/cities. The reason Boston is getting themselves in these rumors is because they have so many pieces available.

                        Think of the way Toronto was rumored for Pau Gasol or Ryan Anderson, etc. Those were baseless rumors because we couldn't afford either one of those guys without making some big moves. Boston can actually pay the pieces that OKC would be looking for without really affecting their core starters. That's key to these rumors and why we have to pay attention.
                        your pal,
                        ebrian

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          ebrian wrote: View Post
                          But it's not baseless. It's not like when every player was rumored to be going to either LA or NY because they're just big team/cities. The reason Boston is getting themselves in these rumors is because they have so many pieces available.

                          Think of the way Toronto was rumored for Pau Gasol or Ryan Anderson, etc. Those were baseless rumors because we couldn't afford either one of those guys without making some big moves. Boston can actually pay the pieces that OKC would be looking for without really affecting their core starters. That's key to these rumors and why we have to pay attention.
                          They weren't baseless rumours. They were reports that Toronto had met with those players (and further reports after the fact confirm that TOR was right there for Gasol and had a deal lined up to clear cap). That's about as "baseful" as a rumour can be.

                          The rumours now about BOS do not really quote any sources saying that teams are actually talking. They are just assumptions that they must be because BOS has assets and OKC in theory should be looking to trade Westbrook.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            ebrian wrote: View Post
                            But it's not baseless. It's not like when every player was rumored to be going to either LA or NY because they're just big team/cities. The reason Boston is getting themselves in these rumors is because they have so many pieces available.

                            Think of the way Toronto was rumored for Pau Gasol or Ryan Anderson, etc. Those were baseless rumors because we couldn't afford either one of those guys without making some big moves. Boston can actually pay the pieces that OKC would be looking for without really affecting their core starters. That's key to these rumors and why we have to pay attention.
                            FWIW .. and I have big time anti Boston bias I am usually awestruck at the deference that is paid to Boston for the perceived notion they have just truckloads of priceless and seemingly inexhaustible assets.
                            Most of Ainges first round picks (he has had 12 in the last 6 years. Twelve !!) have turned into coal rather than diamonds…
                            Terry Rozier R. J. Hunter Marcus Smart James Young, Lucas Nogueira CB Estudiantes (Spain) who he traded for Kelly Olynyk, Jared Sullinger Fab Melo MarShon Brooks Avery Bradley, Jaylen Brown, Guersheron Yabadabadoo and Ante Zizic.
                            Can’t lump in the last 3 picks because its way to early to tell but Boston has turned these pieces of gold into a couple .. maybe three serviceable NBA players but most have turned into nothing. Fab Melo ? Marshon Brooks ? James Young ? Terry Rozier ? Hard to see a great package of talent there unless your a blood relative. There are some out there with raised eyebrows on Danny's pick of Jaylen Brown in this years draft.
                            Bostons remaining balance sheet of picks has...

                            A) Brooklyns 1st next year and in 2018...
                            Those picks can land anywhere from 4 to 9 so for the sake of argument say they land 5 and 7 they could slide if the Nets get better

                            B) Clippers 1st pick for 2019 thats lottery protected and if it isn't conveyed it turns into a second rounder in 2022.

                            C) They have Memphis pick in 2019 that has a number of protections on it that you need a second finance degree from Wharton to figure out .. but it looks like it turns into a 1st round pick sometime around 2020. That’s 4 years away before you pick. Long time to wait.

                            D) They have their own picks which will be non lottery .. likely in the low 20’s.

                            So on balance.. they have a roster full of meh pieces save for Horford/Bradley/Olynky/Smart. Jonas Jerebco anyone ? They have two very valuable draft picks coming from Brooklyn. The rest are late teens and low twentys which generally don’t get you a swing at an impact player. So not nearly as valuable as the Boston hype machine makes them out to be.
                            Boston has competition out there from Philly and Phoenix who on balance have more better young players and as many draft picks.
                            When you peel it back a layer or two.. Boston may have already squandered their oppty to add to Horford…

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X