Would you rather?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you rather?

Have Lowry starting in 2017-2018 with a maximum contract, or Cory Joseph?

I don't think Masai is going to give a 31 year old a max contract, at least i hope not.

Comment

Lowry since I don't think Cojo is a starting caliber PG in this league.

Comment

lowry... and he wont sign for the max.

Comment

I pick CoJo over Lowry on a max deal.

I would also add to this question the following: Lowry on a max deal with another mid-level power forward starting for us, or Joseph with an allstar (not superstar) power forward starting.
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
            I pick CoJo over Lowry on a max deal.

I would also add to this question the following: Lowry on a max deal with another mid-level power forward starting for us, or Joseph with an allstar (not superstar) power forward starting.
            Yeah it was also in the back of my head.

So you guys do not think Kyle will get the max.?

Comment

I wouldn't want either one of them on a max deal. Cojo isn't a high enough caliber player to deserve one. Lowry carries too high a risk of decline. Having said that, Lowry has demonstrated tremendous determination by revamping his body. If he also revamps his kind of reckless style of play, he may very well be able to play hard for another 4 years.

I would lean towards Lowry, but don't want to see it happen.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                I wouldn't want either one of them on a max deal. Cojo isn't a high enough caliber player to deserve one. Lowry carries too high a risk of decline. Having said that, Lowry has demonstrated tremendous determination by revamping his body. If he also revamps his kind of reckless style of play, he may very well be able to play hard for another 4 years.

I would lean towards Lowry, but don't want to see it happen.
                I don't think CoJo is proposed as a max deal here. It's CoJo starting or maxed out Lowry.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                  I don't think CoJo is proposed as a max deal here. It's CoJo starting or maxed out Lowry.
                  Under that scenario, I think Lowry has a higher likelihood of taking the Raps further than Cojo. I also think the Raps have a pool of talented young players that MU could use in the next couple of year to swing trades with. That would give him some options in terms of working around any Max contract Lowry would receive. Since the Raps are going to be operating in tax territory for the next I would rather see Lowry on the Raps while they are there. And a maxed out Lowry, if he has even two more years like the one he just had, could probably be traded for a stellar player to fill the PF hole, or any other hole in the roster. Easier to trade for a maxed out PF if you have a maxed out PG of Lowry's caliber I think.

So maxed out Lowry, rather than Cojo.

Comment

Lowry.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Lowry, but I think he probably ends up something like 4 years 100m
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Lowry.

Zero hesitation.

I think Lowry's probably likely to get either a max deal with less years or a 5 year under max.
                        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                          Under that scenario, I think Lowry has a higher likelihood of taking the Raps further than Cojo. I also think the Raps have a pool of talented young players that MU could use in the next couple of year to swing trades with. That would give him some options in terms of working around any Max contract Lowry would receive. Since the Raps are going to be operating in tax territory for the next I would rather see Lowry on the Raps while they are there. And a maxed out Lowry, if he has even two more years like the one he just had, could probably be traded for a stellar player to fill the PF hole, or any other hole in the roster. Easier to trade for a maxed out PF if you have a maxed out PG of Lowry's caliber I think.

So maxed out Lowry, rather than Cojo.
                          Right and next summer is our best chance to get a solid PF to join them.. May be get a vet to join. Pau almost did but I think it came down to the money. When Duncan gave the indication he was going to bounce they were able to easily offer Pau 10... which is almost double what we could offer. We can go over the cap for Lowry. We will also have almost 18 million in room next year. So we can add another solid solid solid piece and really finally take a run for a few years.

Comment

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                            Right and next summer is our best chance to get a solid PF to join them.. May be get a vet to join. Pau almost did but I think it came down to the money. When Duncan gave the indication he was going to bounce they were able to easily offer Pau 10... which is almost double what we could offer. We can go over the cap for Lowry. We will also have almost 18 million in room next year. So we can add another solid solid solid piece and really finally take a run for a few years.
                            It didn't come down to money. We were going to be able to offer 17-18M per year, there was a deal lined up to shed Ross and one of the prospects (probably BeBe). It came down to him picking the Spurs over us.

And we do NOT project to have ANY cap space next summer. Not if we are keeping Lowry.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

absolutely Lowry

Comment

Working...
                              X