Legacy League match 7 - TTF vs 007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legacy League match 7 - TTF vs 007

The legacy league was created to pit teams drafted by fellow RR members against each other and allow the general RR populous to vote on who would win this winner take all, single elimination game if all players were at their peak performance.

Each team drafted an 8 man roster. Each team provided a gameplan justification as to why they believe they should get your vote. Each team is allowed 1 post for "in game adjustments." The role of RR community is simple, vote for who you believe should win. Post justification if you want (encouraged) and weigh the pros and cons for all to see, but ultimately, your vote decides who will win this tournament of legends.

TrueTorontoFan vs 007

007 STARTING LINEUP

PG: Jason Kidd – 6 time All-NBA, 9 time All-Defensive team. 5 time assists leader. Only player in NBA history with 15,000 points, 10,000 assists and 7,000 rebounds

SG: Chauncey Billups – 3 time All-NBA, 2 time All-Defensive team. NBA Finals MVP, over 42% 3PT shooter at his peak

SF: Scottie Pippen – 7 time All-NBA, 10 time All-Defensive team. NBA steals leader, one of the greatest perimeter defenders of all time

PF: Elvin Hayes – 6 time All-NBA, 2 time All-Defensive team. 2 time rebounding champion and NBA scoring champion (as a rookie)

C: Wilt Chamberlain – 4 time MVP, 10 time All-NBA. 7 time scoring champion and 11 time rebounding champion. 100 point game. One of the greatest players of all time

BENCH:

Bob Cousy – MVP, 12 time All-NBA. 8 time assists leader, 6 time champion

Jeff Hornacek – 2 time 3PT contest winner, 44% 3PT shooter at his peak

Bernard King – 4 time All-NBA, NBA scoring champion

Dennis Rodman – 2 time All-NBA, 2 time DPOY, 8 time All-Defensive team. 7 time rebounding champion, one of the greatest rebounders and defenders of all time

Robert Parish – 2 time All-NBA, 4 time champion. NBA all-time leader in games played

Hayes is into the starting lineup to provide scoring punch, and to use his height advantage to score over Barkley. Pippen will start on Worthy but will switch between him and Miller if needed. Rodman is the 6th man and will come in to lock down any player giving us trouble. Payton and Worthy can both be sagged off on, crowding the paint and allowing doubles on Barkley and Abdul-Jabbar. Wilt and Abdul-Jabbar played each other in real life and Wilt more than held his own, averaging 23 points and 18 rebounds against Abdul-Jabbar in his prime (Wilt was over 33 and post-knee surgery). Wilt has a height advantage on Wallace and will destroy a rookie in Towns. Korver will be targeted by my wings, forcing him out so Miller is the only main threat from distance, and he will be locked down by Billups, Pippen and Rodman.

TrueTorontoFan Lineup

Russell Westbrook (6′5″) – 5x all star, 2015 Scoring Champion, 5x all nba, 18 regular season triple-doubles (2015-2016), College Pac-10 Defensive player of the year
    (2015-16 OKC Seasons: 23.5 PPG, 7.8 REB, 10.4 AST, 2.0 STL, .3 BLK, 27.64 PER)

Reggie Miller (6’7’’) –5x All star, 3x all nba, 50-40-90 Club, Pacers all time scoring leader
    (1989-90 Indiana Season: 24.6 PPG, 3.6 REB, 3.8 AST, 1.3 STL) -(50-40-87 this season)

James Worthy (6′9″) –3x Champion, 7x all star, 4x blocks leader, 2x all nba, NBA 50th Aniversary All Time Team, HOF
    (1989-90 Laker Seasons: 21.1 PPG, 6. REB, 3.6 AST, 1.6 STL, .6 BLK, 30.6% 3pt %)
    Charles Barkley (6′6″) –MVP, 11x all star, Rebound Leader (14 RPG), 11x all nba, NBA 50th Aniversary All Time Team, HOF Shot 34% in one season from 3, highest PER was 24.63)
    (1992-93 Phoenix Seasons: 25.61 PPG, 12.2 REB, 5.1 AST, 1.6 STL, 1.0 BLK, 30.6% 3pt %)
    Kareem-Abdul Jabbar (7′2″) – All-Time Point Leader, 6x Champion, 5x MVP, 19x all star, 4x blocks leader, 11x all defence, 15x all nba
    (1979-81 Laker Seasons: Career: 24.6 PPG, 11.2 REB, 3.6 AST, .9 STL, 2.6 BLK, 27.2 PER)

Gary Payton (6’4’’) – NBA Champion, 9x All star, 9x all nba, 8x all defence, Former defensive player of the year, Former NBA steals leader
    (1995-96 Sonics Seasons: 19.3 PPG, 4.2 REB, 7.5 AST, 2.9 STL)

Sprewell (6′5″) – 4x all star, 1x all nba, 1x all defence
    (1996-97 GSW Seasons: 24.2 PPG, 4.2 REB, 6.3 AST, 1.7 STL, .6 BLK)

Kyle Korver (6′7″) – all star, lead the league in 3 point% two years in a row2013-2015 (47.2% and 49.2% respectively)
    (2014-2015 Atlanta Seasons: 12.1 PPG, 4.1 REB, 2.6 AST, .7 STL, .6 BLK, 49.2% 3pt %)

Karl-Anthony Towns (7′0″) – ROY, all rookie first team, all rookie team, shot 54% from the field, 34%
    (2015-16 Phoenix Seasons: 18.3 PPG, 10.5 REB, 2.0 AST, 2.0 STL, 1.7 BLK, 22.59 PER)

Ben Wallace (6′9″) – Champion, 5x 4x Defensive player of the year, former nba blocks leader, 4x
    all star, 4x blocks leader, 6x all defence, 5x all nba
    (2002-03 Pistons Seasons: 6.9 PPG, 15.4 REB, 1.6 AST, 1.4 STL, 3.2 BLK)

Gameplan:

Offence
    Would run a horns offence offensive w/mixture of pick and pop and roll with the two bigs. Rus and Reggie act as release valves. Kareem and Chuck are willing passers. Rodman would have a SLIGHT rebounding edge, but would be a blackhole on offense. Perimeter I have the edge. Skyhook was nearly unblockable. Worthy and Kareem = Laker synergy + Chemistry. Efficient offence limits 007’s rebounding opportunities. Westbrook would be taking Kidd’s lunch money. Russell is my greatest weapon.

Dr.J said, “Kareem Is the Best Player of All Time”

Defence
    Kidd and Rodman are offensive weak links allowing occasional doubles on Wilt. Hack-a-Wilt Strategy implemented when needed (.465 FT% for career). 2-3 Zone hybrid would be played to protect the paint and limit. Outside shooting is the zones weakness. 007 Doesn’t have this. Reggie has length over Billups. Westbrook has length and speed over Kidd. Passing lanes would be covered.

In Game Adjustments - Coming Soon!

So RR faithful, who wins this game?
    TrueTorontoFan
    75.00%
    25.00%

The poll is expired.

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

I like 007 so far, he matches up well and I like putting Hayes into the starting lineup. IMO I don't like Westbrook and Jason Kidd can figure out how to work him. I'll wait till adjustments to make my final decision.

Comment

IN GAME ADJUSTMENTS:

Kidd is better than Westbrook, whose me-first offence leads to bricked jumpers against the great defender in Kidd. If you double Wilt he uses his great passing (once led league in assists) to dish, and he shot over .600 FT% at peak. We can still double Kareem when need to.
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Vote for 007. One of games that's a competitive lose by 10. Just outclassed but solid effort. hard having Kat on your team when we haven't seen his whole career and I have a huge bias against Miller.

Comment

I think I would have started Payton over Westbrook. Westbrook is a force of nature but isn't known for getting guys involved (neither is Payton but he's no where near Westbrook in this regard); best suited off the bench.

Not sure how I feel about Chauncey on Miller. I think I would have left Rodman in on Worthy and Pippen on Miller.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Vote for 007.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

In-Game Adjustment:

Kareem can handle doubles w/passing too, record for mvps. Wallace would sub to give Barkley 5-8 minute rest. Would shut down Hayes + like shaq. Ben at pf. GP subbed for Westbrook after 007’s wings got tired to from offensive intensity. Defense is more than just height.

Comment

I vote 007.

Comment

007 really lacks perimeter shooting. Kidd couldn't shoot from deep until late in his career (past his prime). That will really put on a strain on his offence that is really relying on paint scoring.

TTF has similar troubles too though.

Going with TTF by a Reggie Miller buzzer beater; while he doesn't have the strongest bench, it does offer a good mixture of skills more than 007.

Comment

007 wins 4-3 (counting write in ballots).

Comment

Working...
                    X