Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is he playing tonight..hopefully not...mehh..
    KD might go nuts tonight..Ball Hogg should of zipped his mouth....if KD needed any more motivation..
    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
    My kitchen is always open to friends"

    Comment


    • The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

      Lauri Markannen is an ideal 6’9”-6’11” guy who aligns with what they are doing right now. Someone who can rebound and you can plug him as a starter when anyone goes down or a bench player who can consistently provide the offensive power.

      VanVleet/ Precious and Birch
      for
      Lauri Markannen and Kelly Olynyk

      Do it Masai !
      I agree on Lauri

      Comment


      • Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
        Is he playing tonight..hopefully not...mehh..
        KD might go nuts tonight..Ball Hogg should of zipped his mouth....if KD needed any more motivation..
        I dunno. That's great motivation for Scottie to show something tonight... and he needs it right now.

        Comment


        • The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

          Lauri Markannen is an ideal 6’9”-6’11” guy who aligns with what they are doing right now. Someone who can rebound and you can plug him as a starter when anyone goes down or a bench player who can consistently provide the offensive power.

          VanVleet/ Precious and Birch
          for
          Lauri Markannen and Kelly Olynyk

          Do it Masai !

          Kagemusha wrote: View Post

          I agree on Lauri
          Oh yes, Lauri is posting All STAR numbers and he is cheap, only owed after this season, 17M in 23 and 18M in 24.
          25 years old. He will be a great addition to a starting five of Pascal/ OG/ Scottie and Trent. If they intend to make him a 6th man and let Koloko expedite his development as the future starting Center, Lauri can effectively slide into a role as the first guy off the bench.

          The ultimate intention is for Scottie and Pascal to share duties as the initiators of the offense. Scottie would thrive being the main decision maker as we have seen him very proficiently. I have no doubt both OG and Trent can settle and won’t mind being the second fiddle behind Pascal and Scottie. Pascal’s strength is to make everybody else better. Scottie we already know how unselfish he is.

          As a result of the move, Banton/ Flynn and even Dowtin can share the back up point guard duties. Maybe they find a new home for Flynn but you have to give this guy minutes this season to get a decent return (could be a second rounder) in the offseason.

          I really like the look however of Koloko with those four so Lauri/ Boucher/ Otto/ Juancho/ Olynyk and the three back up guards I mentioned above are solid bench pieces. They can as well decide independently on how they go about Trent’s future with the team.

          Nurse may have no choice but to fully exploit the strength of Scottie without the shadow of his favorite son VanVleet.

          a very good line up who could be contenders in the East especially each players with defined roles.

          win win.

          #TradeVanVleet

          Comment


          • Listen..just listen.
            Oh man, this guy is another level of me..fake leader.
            When asked about Scottie game and struggles, he immediately asserts him self to I gotta play better..not team, not teammates, not WE.. but I. It's all about me.
            So if Ball Hogg plays great that's what matters, right .it's all about him.
            Bet on me, NOT TEAM...
            I told u this guys when he leaves, Barnes will flourish, Coach Nurse will never change his method with him there, his 2 loyal.
            Guy played 40 minutes of s%$$ basketball, what team does that.

            I will use same anology of similar teams situation with Giannis..OJ Majo was on that team and couldn't get ball off him, veteran, it was all about him, played a lot minutes, Giannis was struggling, still got numbers, but chemistry wasn't right..bc he wasn't ball dominant, it was in OJ Mayo hands 100 percent of time.. Bucks realized that send his ass packing and Giannis is what he is now.
            If u want Scottie 2 be the man, u can't half ass his process, u gotta go all in..
            His gotta b the voice, the leader, the ball handler..period.

            "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
            My kitchen is always open to friends"

            Comment


            • Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
              Listen..just listen.
              Oh man, this guy is another level of me..fake leader.
              When asked about Scottie game and struggles, he immediately asserts him self to I gotta play better..not team, not teammates, not WE.. but I. It's all about me.
              So if Ball Hogg plays great that's what matters, right .it's all about him.
              Bet on me, NOT TEAM...
              I told u this guys when he leaves, Barnes will flourish, Coach Nurse will never change his method with him there, his 2 loyal.
              Guy played 40 minutes of s%$$ basketball, what team does that.

              I will use same anology of similar teams situation with Giannis..OJ Majo was on that team and couldn't get ball off him, veteran, it was all about him, played a lot minutes, Giannis was struggling, still got numbers, but chemistry wasn't right..bc he wasn't ball dominant, it was in OJ Mayo hands 100 percent of time.. Bucks realized that send his ass packing and Giannis is what he is now.
              If u want Scottie 2 be the man, u can't half ass his process, u gotta go all in..
              His gotta b the voice, the leader, the ball handler..period.
              Interesting take on Fred.
              Imagine what takes place in the locker room and in practice. Lol

              Half ass process, that is it with this team right now.
              Masai has proven that he is not a loyal guy,
              as for Nick, it is pretty obvious that he is still hoping that Fred can replace Kyle, and he is giving him all the chance in the world to get there which is very doubtful to happen.

              Comment


              • Kagemusha wrote: View Post

                Interesting take on Fred.
                Imagine what takes place in the locker room and in practice. Lol

                Half ass process, that is it with this team right now.
                Masai has proven that he is not a loyal guy,
                as for Nick, it is pretty obvious that he is still hoping that Fred can replace Kyle, and he is giving him all the chance in the world to get there which is very doubtful to happen.
                Well bright side is Kyle wasn't much of a leader at 28 either. He started maturing and becoming one in the later years of his Raptors' tenure.

                Comment


                • If we're starting to talk about trading FVV... I see the Pelicans as a team who could be interested and interesting to trade with... I mean the could be really good with a starting 5 of Fred, CJ, Ingram, Zion and JV.

                  Maybe we could snag Herbert Jones and a pretty good pick from them so they have a chance to win with their actual core.

                  *EDIT* I mean maybe that's not the move to make... But I'm thinking more and more that maybe we should trade one of FVV and Siakam someday, just like they decided to trade DeMar... there was also actually a lot of rumors surrounding Kyle back then. They should see what's the best offer they could get as the trade deadline approach.

                  It's sad but Toronto will probably never be the favorite destination for big free agents, so we have to improve in other ways. And yeah, loyalty is important, but this is a business and Fred, even though he's really good, will probably not be worth the money he's probably aiming for in his next contract.
                  Last edited by TomAmnot; Sat Dec 3, 2022, 04:45 PM.

                  Comment


                  • TomAmnot wrote: View Post
                    If we're starting to talk about trading FVV... I see the Pelicans as a team who could be interested and interesting to trade with... I mean the could be really good with a starting 5 of Fred, CJ, Ingram, Zion and JV.

                    Maybe we could snag Herbert Jones and a pretty good pick from them so they have a chance to win with their actual core.

                    *EDIT* I mean maybe that's not the move to make... But I'm thinking more and more that maybe we should trade one of FVV and Siakam someday, just like they decided to trade DeMar... there was also actually a lot of rumors surrounding Kyle back then. They should see what's the best offer they could get as the trade deadline approach.

                    It's sad but Toronto will probably never be the favorite destination for big free agents, so we have to improve in other ways. And yeah, loyalty is important, but this is a business and Fred, even though he's really good, will probably not be worth the money he's probably aiming for in his next contract.
                    i'd love that lakers pick what do we have to do to snag that

                    Comment


                    • Getting FVV back to his all star form would be better than anyone we could get in a trade for him.

                      Comment


                      • 2022-23 season: 17 Starts, 9 Wins, 8 Losses, 1 Double-Double

                        More games to recover but…..

                        TS% .511 (bad)

                        Per 100 Possessions

                        Code:
                                                                                                  
                        Season    Age  PER  TS% 3PAr  FTr TRB% AST% STL% USG%   WS WS/48  BPM VORP
                        2016-17    22 10.5 .443 .261 .198  8.1 17.5  2.8 20.6  0.2  .040 -2.1  0.0
                        2017-18    23 15.9 .556 .479 .185  6.8 22.8  2.2 19.1  4.7  .149  2.4  1.7
                        2018-19    24 13.7 .539 .493 .192  5.1 23.9  1.6 17.9  4.3  .117  0.5  1.1
                        2019-20    25 16.3 .553 .484 .256  5.6 27.7  2.5 21.7  5.8  .145  2.7  2.3
                        2020-21    26 16.8 .534 .547 .220  6.4 26.7  2.2 23.9  4.3  .108  2.5  2.2
                        2021-22    27 17.3 .552 .585 .202  6.4 26.7  2.3 23.7  6.7  .131  3.6  3.5
                        2022-23    28 14.6 .511 .560 .250  5.2 25.9  2.4 21.2  1.3  .100  1.0  0.5
                        Career        15.9 .542 .522 .215  6.0 25.5  2.2 21.5 27.3  .125  2.2 11.3
                        Provided by Basketball-Reference.com: View Original Table
                        Generated 12/4/2022.


                        …..based on the table below, 56% of his shots were from the 3 point distance (3P) and his average is not the great either (34%)

                        …..his in between game is non existent. Mainly relies on his Hail Marys, that is his bread and butter.

                        Shooting

                        Code:
                                                                                                          
                                           % of % of % of  % of  % of % of  FG%  FG%  FG%   FG%   FG%  FG%
                        Season    Age  FG%   2P  0-3 3-10 10-16 16-3P   3P   2P  0-3 3-10 10-16 16-3P   3P
                        2016-17    22 .351 .739 .378 .180  .063  .108 .261 .341 .429 .100  .429  .417 .379
                        2017-18    23 .426 .521 .327 .132  .037  .026 .479 .437 .567 .236  .050  .357 .414
                        2018-19    24 .410 .507 .255 .080  .050  .122 .493 .441 .516 .333  .300  .411 .378
                        2019-20    25 .413 .516 .307 .113  .038  .060 .484 .434 .549 .230  .276  .326 .390
                        2020-21    26 .389 .453 .174 .115  .069  .095 .547 .416 .530 .260  .433  .386 .366
                        2021-22    27 .403 .415 .086 .122  .091  .116 .585 .440 .649 .313  .410  .441 .377
                        2022-23    28 .365 .440 .143 .119  .075  .075 .560 .387 .472 .333  .316  .368 .348
                        Career        .402 .478 .210 .116  .062  .088 .522 .427 .545 .271  .355  .401 .379
                        Provided by Basketball-Reference.com: View Original Table
                        Generated 12/4/2022.
                        Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Sun Dec 4, 2022, 12:32 PM.
                        #TradeVanVleet

                        Comment


                        • Kagemusha wrote: View Post

                          Interesting take on Fred.
                          Imagine what takes place in the locker room and in practice. Lol

                          Half ass process, that is it with this team right now.
                          Masai has proven that he is not a loyal guy,
                          as for Nick, it is pretty obvious that he is still hoping that Fred can replace Kyle, and he is giving him all the chance in the world to get there which is very doubtful to happen.

                          What is more Interesting especially if his numbers continues to dive…are they going to invest close to max (34 million) like most here have suggested on a 28 year old who is basically an average three point shooter and a decent help defender who was once an All Star or they trade him to a younger player with All Star potential who is cheap.

                          I am more inclined on the principle of Scottie having the utmost freedom and a defined role than anything else.
                          Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Sun Dec 4, 2022, 12:56 PM.
                          #TradeVanVleet

                          Comment


                          • The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                            Interesting especially if his numbers continues to dive…are they going to invest close to max (34 million) like most here have suggested on a 28 year old who is basically an average three point shooter and a decent help defender who was once an All Star or they trade him to a younger player with All Star potential who is cheap.

                            I am more inclined on the principle of Scottie having the utmost freedom and a defined role than anything else.
                            25-27 would be where his number would likely end up being based on the decline and injury stuff.

                            I dont think there are many people that are available who are all stars but you might be able to get picks and solid role players. Dallas, NOP, and a few other squads would make sense to extract picks from. Alternatively, chicago. Chicago would be the team I would target. I would either look at Lavine assuming his knee can and will hold up. I would also look at the different pieces chicago has.


                            I will say this. You asked for maxey in an FVV trade a year ago and ppl poo pooed you I may have been one of them but that would have been the correct decision.

                            Comment


                            • The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post


                              What is more Interesting especially if his numbers continues to dive…are they going to invest close to max (34 million) like most here have suggested on a 28 year old who is basically an average three point shooter and a decent help defender who was once an All Star or they trade him to a younger player with All Star potential who is cheap.

                              I am more inclined on the principle of Scottie having the utmost freedom and a defined role than anything else.
                              Yeah, Scottie might be dealing with something right now but he is still the better bet.

                              Comment


                              • The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post


                                What is more Interesting especially if his numbers continues to dive…are they going to invest close to max (34 million) like most here have suggested on a 28 year old who is basically an average three point shooter and a decent help defender who was once an All Star or they trade him to a younger player with All Star potential who is cheap.

                                I am more inclined on the principle of Scottie having the utmost freedom and a defined role than anything else.
                                Who cares what we get from Hogg midget and his trade value, as long as his off the team..it's a win win..for Scottie development is a must.
                                What Raptors should worry about is OG, his finally getting it..that guy..every team wants, his a special talent, took a while, took Kawli long time 2, guy is a BEAST on Defense..I love it..
                                Now that I think about it, were lucky we didn't deal him in KD deal..his a keeper and must sign.
                                As for Fun Boy Midget, get rid of him..I can't watch this guy, drives me nuts..every game has half court shot, so stupid..
                                What's a better shot someone in the post or Hero Balling it from half court..lol..it's beyond dumb.
                                The day he leaves it will be better than winning another championship.
                                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                                My kitchen is always open to friends"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X