Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kagemusha
    replied
    Darius Garland Trade Rumors: Cavs Have Not Held 'Any Discussions' About Dealing PG

Per Chris Fedor of Cleveland.com, the Cavs haven't had "any discussions" about the 23-year-old point guard and "don't intend to move him" this offseason.

Leave a comment:

• Dr Hannibal Lecter
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post

LOL Houston has no state tax, they still have to pay federal taxes.
    22 percent compare vs little less than 50 percent..
    40 million taxed at 22 percent vs 30 million taxed 50 percent.
    Houston clean 31.2 million vs Raptors 15 million or so...
    Canada sucks..the more u make the more they tax u..that's why all these athletes hid money into retirement fund when these athletes retire there done at age 35 .Damn..no tax..clean, can't do that anymore.
    Either way..let him go 2 Houston Dan..Gully, u have hard on for him, what is about him that appeal 2 u...I don't get love affair, his not a 30 million player, Houston wants give him 40 million, I mean damn, just go 2 Houston, plz go away..all the Raptors will say thank u for not committing 2 guy who is 30 but plays like 40...
    U don't need him

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    Kagemusha wrote: View Post

garland will be very expensive
    He is younger than OG.

I like OG, but he seems to want a larger offensive load, not sure he'd be capable of handling one on a championship level team, he hasn't shown the ability so far.

Garland is the best of both worlds. A win now player and also a young player. If we're keeping Pascal and also want to move on from Fred, Garland would be a pretty good option at PG.

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post

Yeah they are hard to find.. but so are 22ppg PG's that average 8 assists and shoot 40/49/86. We need that skillset far more than another 3&D player. OG is a 2-way player only because he can shoot. He's not an offensive creator though. Not a great passer. Really not good at isolation. He's good at cutting.. but you can find that anywhere. Heck Jauncho was a good cutter too.

What you are really caring about is his defense. Which like I said is easier to find than offense. Dillon Brooks made an all defense team. I mean I bet we could get him anytime we wanted.
    garland will be very expensive

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied

Yeah you can find defensive guys, but isn't that what brought us many problems in the first place?
    Defense over offense has been this team's MO for many years.
    OG is among the league's top two way players, those are hard to find.
    Yeah they are hard to find.. but so are 22ppg PG's that average 8 assists and shoot 40/49/86. We need that skillset far more than another 3&D player. OG is a 2-way player only because he can shoot. He's not an offensive creator though. Not a great passer. Really not good at isolation. He's good at cutting.. but you can find that anywhere. Heck Jauncho was a good cutter too.

What you are really caring about is his defense. Which like I said is easier to find than offense. Dillon Brooks made an all defense team. I mean I bet we could get him anytime we wanted.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post

I can see the argument for an OG trade for Garland. Still feels like we'd go right back to trying to find an OG once we have a Garland, unfortunately...

But if it's OG and filler, I could see it. Adding picks? Not sure I see the Raps going that way.
    If Scottie doesn't become a good defender than that's becomes a pain point. But the Raptors have typically been good at finding wing defenders. They have a type, and can usually find a way to get that type.

Raptors need a PG that can shoot though. And Garland is also really young. Already an all-star. Need to give something to get something. This is a trade I make 10 times out of 10 even if I have to include a draft pick.

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied

Because OG is mostly overrated. He's going to command a big pay raise on his extension as well. Yet he's at best a 3rd or 4th option on offense. And his shooting can be replaced with Dick who we just drafted anyway.

What you lose his is defense. But Poeltl is more important on defense than he would be anyway. Scottie needs to develop into a much better defender. But he has the size to be one. You get a better offensive hub in Garland, than hopefully Pascal can take a step back and spends more energy on defense too. When he's a willing defender he's one of the best in the league as we saw when Kawhi was here.

I think it's easier to find defense than offense. You can sign a couple of UDFA's or spend the mid level on a defender. Defense doesn't cost money in the NBA. Offense does.

I like OG a lot too by the way.. but for a PG like Garland, I'd move him in an instant.
    Yeah you can find defensive guys, but isn't that what brought us many problems in the first place?
    Defense over offense has been this team's MO for many years.
    OG is among the league's top two way players, those are hard to find.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied

I am vehemently opposed to that lol.
    Every team covets OG, there's many reasons why.

OG for Garland doesn't seem right. And I like the kid.
    Because OG is mostly overrated. He's going to command a big pay raise on his extension as well. Yet he's at best a 3rd or 4th option on offense. And his shooting can be replaced with Dick who we just drafted anyway.

What you lose his is defense. But Poeltl is more important on defense than he would be anyway. Scottie needs to develop into a much better defender. But he has the size to be one. You get a better offensive hub in Garland, than hopefully Pascal can take a step back and spends more energy on defense too. When he's a willing defender he's one of the best in the league as we saw when Kawhi was here.

I think it's easier to find defense than offense. You can sign a couple of UDFA's or spend the mid level on a defender. Defense doesn't cost money in the NBA. Offense does.

I like OG a lot too by the way.. but for a PG like Garland, I'd move him in an instant.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    guyroch wrote: View Post

Does Fred want a 3 year 90 million or 2 year 86 million .. If he is going to bet on himself which he always does then he will take the 2 year .. If he wants to win he could seek a sigh and trade with a team like the Lakers .. We will see what his motivation is
    when he signs .. He has his ring so it can be about the $$ now .
    3/90 makes no sense if 2/83 is out there. But 4/120 is a bigger enough guarantee that it will make the choice interesting.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied

I'd trade OG for one in a flash. Garland would be top of my list. Mentioned him in the off season thread.
    I can see the argument for an OG trade for Garland. Still feels like we'd go right back to trying to find an OG once we have a Garland, unfortunately...

But if it's OG and filler, I could see it. Adding picks? Not sure I see the Raps going that way.

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    Yikes, is Stein saying the Rockets would give out a 2 year max deal for Fred?

Need a plan B when he takes it. I really don't want Flynn to be the starter by default.
    Does Fred want a 3 year 90 million or 2 year 86 million .. If he is going to bet on himself which he always does then he will take the 2 year .. If he wants to win he could seek a sigh and trade with a team like the Lakers .. We will see what his motivation is
    when he signs .. He has his ring so it can be about the $$ now .

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied

I'd trade OG for one in a flash. Garland would be top of my list. Mentioned him in the off season thread.
    I am vehemently opposed to that lol.
    Every team covets OG, there's many reasons why.

OG for Garland doesn't seem right. And I like the kid.

Donte's job will only be to bring up the ball and play D.
    Scottie will take over once the ball crosses the half court.
    Last edited by Kagemusha; Wed Jun 28, 2023, 11:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied

Good luck with that

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied

No, I want an actual PG.
    Good luck with that

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied

DiVincenzo is now UFA
    Suitable replacement