• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Dennis Schroder come on down!

114 Million..lol....
    Lord works in mysterious ways..
    Masai..Playboy u drinking again...wtf were u thinking..
    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• And yes shroeder. Similar trajectory. I think he went from 19 to 3 mill a year. Not one of 30 GMs said cap is going up give him 22

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

It would have been incredible value. We'd be idiots not to offer that.
        It would have been an incredible value if we would have gotten pre-All Star game FVV back. It seems that the system is running him down and injuries are catching up with him as well that small window of 3 months between Oct 2021-Jan 2022 were the best he was ever going to be.

Primer wrote: View Post
        I want Fred traded but anyone who thinks he's not gonna get $30M per year is out to lunch
        You have to be a really good shooter to get that money and this year (a contract year!) Fred is shooting 32% from 3.

I like for you to point out how many teams in the NBA are willing to pay FVV $30M per year as a free agent for the next 4 years this summer.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
          And yes shroeder. Similar trajectory. I think he went from 19 to 3 mill a year. Not one of 30 GMs said cap is going up give him 22
          Schroder rejected a 4 year $84 million dollars contract extension from the Lakers & nobody came close to offer him that kind of money.

FVV might be painting himself into a corner if he is looking for another $15- $20 million bump from the $114 million dollars offer. I think part of the reason the sources leaked to JL about the contract is that it's a MLSE negotiating tactic. They are saying " the contract is still on the table and you are playing hardball while playing bad basketball?! are you insane?! and telling everyone it's partially due to "role change & injuries?! & because of that we can't really move you now if we wanted! better think fast Freddy before that now generous looking contract is pulled from the table".

Comment

• Big question is why this information is coming out now?

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
              Big question is why this information is coming out now?
              Good Question..so who does it benefit???
              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Freddy should have taken the money, it's fine to "bet on yourself" but at a certain point in a sport where injuries happen a lot, it's just dumb to turn down 28 million a year in a place you say you love to play in, in the hopes for 30-32 million?
                Don't think anyone in his family will starve and would have been guaranteed. Huge mistake, and makes me feel a lot less worse if we trade him, it's clear he didn't value staying as much as I thought. I can see why he's out there desperate to prove his value now, only it's backfired.

Comment

I want Fred traded but anyone who thinks he's not gonna get $30M per year is out to lunch. The cap is jumping by over $10M in the off-season, even more the next year, and then a gigantic jump the year after that.
                  Primer as GM

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                    Big question is why this information is coming out now?
                    I think everyone knows why

Comment

I want Fred traded but anyone who thinks he's not gonna get $30M per year is out to lunch. The cap is jumping by over $10M in the off-season, even more the next year, and then a gigantic jump the year after that.
                      will he get 30 mill? yeah quite possibly... do we need to be the ones to pay him? nah. I can see a sign and trade as a possibility because you have the ability to do right by him and his agent helps him but also helps you which is potentially why GTJ is likely gone before fred

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

will he get 30 mill? yeah quite possibly... do we need to be the ones to pay him? nah. I can see a sign and trade as a possibility because you have the ability to do right by him and his agent helps him but also helps you which is potentially why GTJ is likely gone before fred
                        The way he's playing right now I would hesitate at 20 million/yr let alone 30. What use is a undersized shooting guard who gets blown by regularly at the point of attack and shoots 32% from 3?

Now if you could tell me injuries are to blame, maybe......

It does seem this was leaked to make them seem less badguys if he is traded, also artificially makes him seem worth more to trade........

Comment

It's less about paying him 30 mil and more about who are you replacing him with. When he's at his best he is an All Star but when he's at his worst he's still significantly better than anyone on our bench. Can't just assume you can move him for a piece that will return the same value.

If there is an offer from some team that makes sense, Masai will make a move.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

It's less about paying him 30 mil and more about who are you replacing him with. When he's at his best he is an All Star but when he's at his worst he's still significantly better than anyone on our bench. Can't just assume you can move him for a piece that will return the same value.

If there is an offer from some team that makes sense, Masai will make a move.
                            if his role is best as an off ball guard then there are interesting prospects in the draft in my opinion. I am not assuming that we can move him for a piece of equivalent value I am suggesting we take a step back and get more picks for the draft while doing that. He isn't going to return to all star level again.

Comment

if his role is best as an off ball guard then there are interesting prospects in the draft in my opinion. I am not assuming that we can move him for a piece of equivalent value I am suggesting we take a step back and get more picks for the draft while doing that. He isn't going to return to all star level again.
                              Highly unlikely he is returning a tip 10 pick. And I've spoken about what taking a step back would mean for guys like Pascal that want to win now.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

The way he's playing right now I would hesitate at 20 million/yr let alone 30. What use is a undersized shooting guard who gets blown by regularly at the point of attack and shoots 32% from 3?

Now if you could tell me injuries are to blame, maybe......

It does seem this was leaked to make them seem less badguys if he is traded, also artificially makes him seem worth more to trade........
                                Very good point dvd….

Comment

Working...
                                X