X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr Hannibal Lecter
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

Ugh, 5/140 would be pretty awful in my opinion.
    Lol...I don't understand the value of bringing a guy back who showed his true intentions this year who he really is.
    His 30, can't keep up with younger players, small, is not a PG...
    Who eve or where ever or here...when he signs that deal...will b one contact in nba history...Guarantee...it's just Dumb.
    U don't pay that kind of money 2 bench players...YES...HIS A BENCH PLAYER.
    I don't get it...what is love affair ppl c in this guy, his ok player, but common...
    COMMON SENSE.
    Honestly I'm looking forward 2 this offseason before I really unload..we will c.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied

With the way the cap is rising, I disagree.

But it's just an example anyway, to demonstrate that a bigger total guarantee could be seen as a bigger money deal even if with a lower AAV.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post

It could be, but it could also be big total money. Like if other teams are offering 3/90, a 5/140 deal is the big money offer, even with the small AAV discount.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied

I read big money as high AAV.
    It could be, but it could also be big total money. Like if other teams are offering 3/90, a 5/140 deal is the big money offer, even with the small AAV discount.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied

I think they should lock him up as long a term as possible.
    I read big money as high AAV.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied

I guess he's a pretty shit source. Report the story 2 opposite ways.

No idea why anyone would be excited about a big money offer for Fred though.
    I think they should lock him up as long a term as possible.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied

No, I just pointed out that the exact guy who is the source for Primer's article just provided an update that says exactly the opposite.

If you don't buy into the source, that is perfectly fine! It's all theatre this time of year. But you need to not buy into the source for both reports.
    I guess he's a pretty shit source. Report the story 2 opposite ways.

No idea why anyone would be excited about a big money offer for Fred though.

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Quiet telling your biases, you highlighted an unverified source because it has something to do favoring the player you have been defending all season long to this day lol
    No, I just pointed out that the exact guy who is the source for Primer's article just provided an update that says exactly the opposite.

If you don't buy into the source, that is perfectly fine! It's all theatre this time of year. But you need to not buy into the source for both reports.

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied

Alternatively, good news (bad news from Primer's perspective) is that the author of this piece just provided this update:

Quiet telling your biases, you highlighted an unverified source because it has something to do favoring the player you have been defending all season long to this day. Did I not tell you I am beginning to doubt your credibility even how much you crunch those numbers around here.

LOL

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Matt Moore is a hack.

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied

Alternatively, good news (bad news from Primer's perspective) is that the author of this piece just provided this update:

What do these guys know. Really.
    Did any single one of them report
    that Gary will opt in?

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Good news, Fred is unlikely to resign with the Raptors.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    Good news, Fred is unlikely to resign with the Raptors.

https://www.si.com/nba/raptors/news/...rce=reddit.com

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied

It's worth noting $30M for Fred is increasing the amount of our cap he takes up, he would eat up a higher %. So we're not even talking giving him a raise to keep him at the same level of the cap, we'd be increasing it, and therfore decreasing what we have available for other guys. Scottie and OG are gonna need (and actually deserve) a higher % of the cap.
    With the way the cap is rising, this may well not be true at all by the time Scottie is getting a raise. More so for OG, but you shave some pretty ineffective bench money to solve that (Thad, OPJ, Boucher to a lesser degree).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X