Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Playoffs is 8 and a half weeks. Or are you just doing that GLF coping mechanism where you say the worst thing is forsure going to happen
    That's best case though. It most likely will be longer. And I don't think a week of games before the playoffs will be enough for him to get in game shape to be honest. Let's hope it doesn't take any more than 5 weeks. But I'm comfortable with Lin and Mccaw to be honest. It's not like Fred has been playing that well this season anyway.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

    Comment


    • KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Playoffs is 8 and a half weeks. Or are you just doing that GLF coping mechanism where you say the worst thing is forsure going to happen
      Hope for 5 weeks so he can get some run with the team in the last few games and get into shape for the playoffs. He should be able to maintain his conditioning and even get some shooting in since it's his off hand.

      Comment


      • Scraptor wrote: View Post
        Well better now than right before the playoffs. Just gotta hope that everyone is healthy come mid-April.
        In other words, better this year than last year.

        And with all the injuries he's implied he's been playing through, this might get him a chance to rest up and actually be 100% by the playoffs. So, silver lining. He's also super easy to fit into a lineup, so if Lin can figure out how to run the bench unit for the next month, integrating Fred back in should go smoothly.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

        Comment


        • GLF wrote: View Post
          That's best case though. It most likely will be longer. And I don't think a week of games before the playoffs will be enough for him to get in game shape to be honest. Let's hope it doesn't take any more than 5 weeks. But I'm comfortable with Lin and Mccaw to be honest. It's not like Fred has been playing that well this season anyway.
          The silver lining of FVV being out is that it takes away a player who Nurse seems to view as his 'cure all' for whatever bad is happening on the court. He's basically the equivalent of what John Salmons was to Casey. Call it the sophomore jinx, contract hangover curse, or Nurse just using him wrong, but FVV just isn't the same Steady Freddy calming influence that he was last year. Or even the mini-pitbull defender.

          And when did Patrick McCaw become a PG? Is that real? Not sure you can trust that.

          Comment


          • golden wrote: View Post
            The silver lining of FVV being out is that it takes away a player who Nurse seems to view as his 'cure all' for whatever bad is happening on the court. He's basically the equivalent of what John Salmons was to Casey. Call it the sophomore jinx, contract hangover curse, or Nurse just using him wrong, but FVV just isn't the same Steady Freddy calming influence that he was last year. Or even the mini-pitbull defender.

            And when did Patrick McCaw become a PG? Is that real? Not sure you can trust that.
            Hey, he had one good game next to Marc Gasol. Kids a stud.
            It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

            Comment


            • golden wrote: View Post
              The silver lining of FVV being out is that it takes away a player who Nurse seems to view as his 'cure all' for whatever bad is happening on the court. He's basically the equivalent of what John Salmons was to Casey. Call it the sophomore jinx, contract hangover curse, or Nurse just using him wrong, but FVV just isn't the same Steady Freddy calming influence that he was last year. Or even the mini-pitbull defender.

              And when did Patrick McCaw become a PG? Is that real? Not sure you can trust that.
              That's what I'm happy about, he can't keep overplaying and running to Fred anymore. It will force him to find other combinations and other guys to play that may end up working out better. And then when Fred comes back we've been so used to playing without him that Nurse might finally just play him in the floor spacing/secondary ball handler role he should have been playing all along.
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

              Comment


              • It might mean he'll keep benching Gasol though
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                Comment


                • golden wrote: View Post
                  The silver lining of FVV being out is that it takes away a player who Nurse seems to view as his 'cure all' for whatever bad is happening on the court. He's basically the equivalent of what John Salmons was to Casey. Call it the sophomore jinx, contract hangover curse, or Nurse just using him wrong, but FVV just isn't the same Steady Freddy calming influence that he was last year. Or even the mini-pitbull defender.

                  And when did Patrick McCaw become a PG? Is that real? Not sure you can trust that.
                  He will also hopefully be able to heal his other injuries with this time off so when he comes back he's at least 100% healthy. He will just have to get back into game shape.
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

                  Comment


                  • MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    It might mean he'll keep benching Gasol though
                    Didn't think about that. That's the only worry then because I can so see him using Fred's injury as a reason to bench Marc even though it makes no sense.
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

                    Comment


                    • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Hey, he had one good game next to Marc Gasol. Kids a stud.
                      Actually, McCaw fits with Gasol about as well as anyone. GSW system was heavy on smart cutting and McCaw seems to have been well taught.
                      And apparently McCaw did play some PG at UNLV.

                      As McCaw's body fills out and his athleticism continues to progress, he should be able to develop into a combo guard role as he'll occasionally demonstrate making plays off the bounce
                      - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...k-McCaw-71486/
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

                      Comment


                      • The Great One wrote: View Post
                        5 weeks? Holy forking shirt.

                        Comment


                        • That's it for him in my opinion. It'll be a waste of time to try to reintegrate him at the end of season. Raps need continuity and consistency.
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                          Comment


                          • MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            It might mean he'll keep benching Gasol though
                            Lin can play the traditional PG role with the bench. Penetrate & dish or finish, just like Nurse wants. Fred can't. That means Serge can play with the bench.

                            However, you will need to have a good guard defender play beside Lin because he can be a Calderon level turnstile at times. McCaw or Powell should fit the bill. And Serge as the scrambling C might fit better with Lin also.

                            Comment


                            • golden wrote: View Post
                              Lin can play the traditional PG role with the bench. Penetrate & dish or finish, just like Nurse wants. Fred can't. That means Serge can play with the bench.

                              However, you will need to have a good guard defender play beside Lin because he can a Calderon level turnstile at times. McCaw or Powell should fit the bill. And Serge as the scrambling C might fit better with Lin also.
                              Agreed. I think because we have Lin now Serge coming off the bench should be fine. But Nurse likes to do some weird stuff so I'm worried that Nurse won't see it that way. Hopefully I'm wrong. I think Serge is still going to start this game but after the All Star break Marc better be starting.
                              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

                              Comment


                              • GLF wrote: View Post
                                Agreed. I think because we have Lin now Serge coming off the bench should be fine. But Nurse likes to do some weird stuff so I'm worried that Nurse won't see it that way. Hopefully I'm wrong. I think Serge is still going to start this game but after the All Star break Marc better be starting.
                                Knowing Nurse, he'll have Lin doing post-ups and Serge trying to mimic some Gasol passing stuff. Just because. lol.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X