Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Is this the worst playoff performance ever for someone who played at least 15mpg?

Yea this HAS to be. Like how is he playing THIS bad. This is crazy man.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      Is this the worst playoff performance ever for someone who played at least 15mpg?

That def rating tho per 100 possessions tho!
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I think he has a good (for his standards) game in him. He was left wide open on some threes. Just gotta make first few.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          I think he has a good (for his standards) game in him. He was left wide open on some threes. Just gotta make first few.
          Nah hes shook. His shots aren't even close. Sit him until we advance.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Nah hes shook. His shots aren't even close. Sit him until we advance.
            damn his injury last year really sucked because Raps couldn't take a good look at him. I promise you, results would've been different
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              I think he has a good (for his standards) game in him. He was left wide open on some threes. Just gotta make first few.
              People keep bringing up Lowry and FVV not taking, or missing, wide open looks. This is what a WIDE OPEN 3 actually looks like in the playoffs, from a diminutive player's perspective. Gasol has less of an excuse.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

People keep bringing up Lowry and FVV not taking, or missing, wide open looks. This is what a WIDE OPEN 3 actually looks like in the playoffs, from a diminutive player's perspective. Gasol has less of an excuse.

But that's not a wide open three. The NBA tracking defines how wide open the three is when the ball leaves a player's hand. So the contesting player is 6+ feet away when the ball is released.

It's just variance. Otherwise we'd see dramatic decreases in 3PT% or 3PA's in the playoffs every year. We don't.

I don't know why people would be saying FVV has been turning down or missing wide open threes. He's barely played off ball like he should be, and hasn't really gotten the ball in places to shoot - most of his shots have been forced and contested, which is why it's gone so poorly for him.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

But that's not a wide open three. The NBA tracking defines how wide open the three is when the ball leaves a player's hand. So the contesting player is 6+ feet away when the ball is released.

It's just variance. Otherwise we'd see dramatic decreases in 3PT% or 3PA's in the playoffs every year. We don't.

I don't know why people would be saying FVV has been turning down or missing wide open threes. He's barely played off ball like he should be, and hasn't really gotten the ball in places to shoot - most of his shots have been forced and contested, which is why it's gone so poorly for him.
                  Yeah, FVV's problem is not the turning down or missing, it's the getting space. They haven't ran any off the ball looks, he's either lobbing it way over someone's head or getting swatted into the 5th row.

The gun shy thing applied to Lowry and Gasol and a lesser extent Green and Ibaka for parts of game 2 and lots of game 3.

Comment

Yeah, FVV's problem is not the turning down or missing, it's the getting space. They haven't ran any off the ball looks, he's either lobbing it way over someone's head or getting swatted into the 5th row.

The gun shy thing applied to Lowry and Gasol and a lesser extent Green and Ibaka for parts of game 2 and lots of game 3.
                    Funny how the tides had turned from your perspective. You jumped on the gun all season long when I was on Van Vleet’s case, granting that I can be fucking annoying when I see a limited player getting this unexplainable usage from this coach.

But is never too late to have this change of heart, lol.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Funny how the tides had turned from your perspective. You jumped on the gun all season long when I was on Van Vleet’s case, granting that I can be fucking annoying when I see a limited player getting this unexplainable usage from this coach.

But is never too late to have this change of heart, lol.
                      VanVleet deserved his regular season minutes. VanVleet is struggling now.

See Fred play, see Fred run, see Fred struggle, see Fred sit. It's a simple as childrens book to understand

Comment

• If we get past the Sixers which I dont doubt now that Nurse had started coaching... I just hope that he still find the fortitude to limit the usage of Van Vleet going forward, why?

Because against the Celtics, Van Vleet would most likely be embarrass against a taller and more athletic Rozier at both ends of the floor.

Because against the Bucks, he would be under the shame against George Hill.

Phoenix Suns (a developing team) needing a guard is a great trade partner. Masai can shoot for their 31st pick in exchange of Van Vleet.

If Kawhi stays, this playoffs has proven that Fred is not a point guard for a contending team especially when Kyle is showing age. He AINT an understudy.

If Kawhi leaves, Van Vleet’s ceiling is too short like his height for a rebuilding team.

Comment

VanVleet deserved his regular season minutes. VanVleet is struggling now.

See Fred play, see Fred run, see Fred struggle, see Fred sit. It's a simple as childrens book to understand
                          Ah ok lol

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                            If we get past the Sixers which I dont doubt now that Nurse had started coaching... I just hope that he still find the fortitude to limit the usage of Van Vleet going forward, why?

Because against the Celtics, Van Vleet would most likely be embarrass against a taller and more athletic Rozier at both ends of the floor.

Because against the Bucks, he would be under the shame against George Hill.

Phoenix Suns (a developing team) needing a guard is a great trade partner. Masai can shoot for their 31st pick in exchange of Van Vleet.

If Kawhi stays, this playoffs has proven that Fred is not a point guard for a contending team especially when Kyle is showing age. He AINT an understudy.

If Kawhi leaves, Van Vleet’s ceiling is too short like his height for a rebuilding team.
                            I'm not sure if he'd struggle so much against the Bucks... on the one had, they have the length to erase him the same as Orlando and Philly have. But on the other, their defensive identity revolves around packing the paint and giving up tons of threes. At least that was their regular season identity.

Comment

• Like I've been saying.... smaller guards are struggling in the playoffs. This isn't rocket science or psychology. Masai needs to upgrade size and athleticism at the PG spot as a top off-season priority.

Before the series began, an NBA veteran without a dog in this fight told some colleagues he had randomly run into that Fred VanVleet would find it tough sledding against the gigantic Sixers given his size.

Green, it appears, has seen some of that too.

“I think the reason we have to go with a shorter rotation right now is because of the smaller guards that are having a tough time getting free. Fred and Norm (Powell), even K-Low at times, K-Low said he had to shoot shots he hasn’t shot in a year and a half or something like that,” Green said.
                              https://torontosun.com/sports/basket...me-5-vs-sixers

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                                Like I've been saying.... smaller guards are struggling in the playoffs. This isn't rocket science or psychology. Masai needs to upgrade size and athleticism at the PG spot as a top off-season priority.

https://torontosun.com/sports/basket...me-5-vs-sixers
                                But they aren't saying what you are saying. They are saying in this specific matchup against the very big 76ers, the smaller guards are struggling. Not in the playoffs in general.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X